***the Official Miami Dolphins 2008-2009 Thread***

The line right now is Ravens -3I'll take the Dolphins +3 for $20. I only have money on FT right now if that matters, but I can accept transfers on Stars.
Eh, i'm the opposite, only money on stars and have no desire for Tilt money. But I will take a $20 bet from someone that can transfer on stars.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you fish fans are about to see what Pennington is all about. Just good enough to give you hope, but never good enough to take you to the promised land. Prepare for disappointment. I am happy for you guys only because winning that game kept the Pats out, but there is no way the fins make a run in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if they even made it a close game against the Ravens.
I have been hearing that all year about pennington. keep doubting. if they lose on Sunday, it will be because Baltimore is damn good (they are....what a 6 seed) not because Chad stunk.I am thrilled Vegas has them as an underdog at home. please let the Phins keep the disrespect angle alive.I will be in section 121, row 1 enjoying every second.

Chad is smart and makes good decisions. Unfortunately he has the arm (and face, ironically) of a 12 year old. He has always played well enough to keep things interesting, but in the end he has never been good enough to get it done. And lets be honest, Miami isn't overflowing with offensive weapons. You definitely have the underdog thing going for ya's, but a Miami run in the playoffs would be downright stunning.

Bring on the Titans. We did not run the ball nearly as much as I expected us to, especially in the second half. Flacco threw a couple of his passes just a bit long, this game could have easily been a complete blow out if one or two of those passes had fallen a yard shorter. As it was, I started to get concerned when we had that 3 and out in the 4th quarter but Reed proved why he will likely go down as the best free safety to ever play the game.

Oh well. Good season, Chad raised up the program, now maybe we'll see if Henne can have a productive offseason, maybe win the job and frighten some defenses with the long ball.No complaints at all with this season. Next season should be tough, with the harder schedule, etc.Maybe now fairweather faggot fans can go back to your threads. What?

Color me unsurprised! :club: Welcome to the Chad Pennington era, fish.
He is going to take a lot of heat.....but the o-line gave him zero time all day. So they need to get some serious blame too (though Jake Long was good).Bottom line, the Ravens are better than Miami. I think they are the 5th best team in the league. Ed Reed is ridiculous.But the Ravens offense is not good enough to win it all. Flacco was way unimpressive, Miami's D actually had an excellent game considering the positions they were put in. Miami had 5 turnovers and numerous penalties and still was a botched reverse away from being down 3 or 5 points with half a quarter to go.Great season. No reason to be mad. WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!!!See you all for the draft.Prediction:Carolina beats Pittsburgh in a good Super Bowl.
No complaints at all with this season. Next season should be tough, with the harder schedule, etc.
Agreed. I was pretty much incommunicado for the holidays so I missed out on all the season finale discussion here, but oh well. After they won the AFC East, I pretty much figured anything else was just a bonus from there on out. I didn't really expect them to beat Baltimore, but I also didn't expect that beat down and 4 picks from Pennington. From 1-15 with expectations of 4 or 5 wins to 11-5 and division champs is way more than I had hoped for, so I'm not going to bitch about anything this year. Let's hope the off season addresses some needs and that if the Tuna bolts after the sale of the team, the group he put in place stays in tact.

Four interceptions is pretty bad, but I'll stick behind Pennington. Only because he was up against one of the top defenses in the league. Question for the other Dolphin fans:If the Patriots were to trade Cassell, and the Dolphins could get him somehow. Would you prefer him, or Pennington?

If the Patriots were to trade Cassell, and the Dolphins could get him somehow. Would you prefer him, or Pennington?
I'd still take Pennington at this point. If they really believe in Henne, then I don't see why they would bring in somebody else right now. Their plan at QB is pretty well set and I don't see any reason to deviate from it unless the guy they could bring in is a proven, top-tier QB. I'd much rather see them address other needs.
Four interceptions is pretty bad, but I'll stick behind Pennington. Only because he was up against one of the top defenses in the league. Question for the other Dolphin fans:If the Patriots were to trade Cassell, and the Dolphins could get him somehow. Would you prefer him, or Pennington?
They would have to WAY overpay for Cassel. No telling how good he is when he is not throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker. He could be another Scott Mitchell.Keep Chad P for one more year. Make it clear that after 2009-2010, the job is Henne's to lose.Odds are Dolphins take a small step back next year (brutal schedule) so to make the playoffs again they need to upgrade at WR, O-line, and CB/S. They should also look to make a splash in Free Agency if someone makes good sense. Particularly at OG or Safety.
They would have to WAY overpay for Cassel. No telling how good he is when he is not throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker. He could be another Scott Mitchell.Keep Chad P for one more year. Make it clear that after 2009-2010, the job is Henne's to lose.Odds are Dolphins take a small step back next year (brutal schedule) so to make the playoffs again they need to upgrade at WR, O-line, and CB/S. They should also look to make a splash in Free Agency if someone makes good sense. Particularly at OG or Safety.
ThisCassel ain't shit until he's the focus, not two stud receivers, a great line and a coaching staff that's better than most.
  • 2 weeks later...
Congrats on the signing of Cam Wake. Probally the best pass rusher I have ever seen in the CFL. Hope his game translates well in the NFL. Deffinatly worth the gamble.
typical smart parcells move. I love the signing. Arena players have had success in the NFL (Kurt Warner, Orande Gadsden to name two).....so why not the CFL?? With Vonnie Holliday probably gone, they needed some new blood at DE. Worth the gamble for sure.Now they can concentrate on WR, DB, OL and NT in the draft. I feel like they should be able to get a good WR, safety and guard in the first two rounds.
typical smart parcells move. I love the signing. Arena players have had success in the NFL (Kurt Warner, Orande Gadsden to name two).....so why not the CFL?? With Vonnie Holliday probably gone, they needed some new blood at DE. Worth the gamble for sure.Now they can concentrate on WR, DB, OL and NT in the draft. I feel like they should be able to get a good WR, safety and guard in the first two rounds.
40 sacks and 2 Deffensive player of the year in 2 years while he played up here. The guy is a total class act too.
  • 1 month later...

Jets cut Laverneaus Coles. Everyone seems to think he will land with Miami now. He loved playing with Pennington. I think it would be a good move. They would automatically have a nice rapport. I dont think Miami wants to break the bank (or part with lots of picks) which means they cant get Boldin or Housh. So getting a solid, #2 guy in Coles would give them 4 guys who are all legit #2 or #3 wideouts (Ginn, Bess, Coles, Camarillo). Thats good enough.Then, they can focus on interior o-line, LB and DB in the draft.

Jets cut Laverneaus Coles. Everyone seems to think he will land with Miami now. He loved playing with Pennington. I think it would be a good move. They would automatically have a nice rapport. I dont think Miami wants to break the bank (or part with lots of picks) which means they cant get Boldin or Housh. So getting a solid, #2 guy in Coles would give them 4 guys who are all legit #2 or #3 wideouts (Ginn, Bess, Coles, Camarillo). Thats good enough.Then, they can focus on interior o-line, LB and DB in the draft.
Interesting. They also picked up Gibril Wilson, meaning Yeremiah Bell is likely gone. I didn't expect them to re-sign Crowder, who I wouldn't have really missed had he left.
Interesting. They also picked up Gibril Wilson, meaning Yeremiah Bell is likely gone. I didn't expect them to re-sign Crowder, who I wouldn't have really missed had he left.
I would have rather kept Bell than Crowder too.....but Wilson is an upgrade from Bell. That is clear. So its still a fine overall set of moves. I still think they need to draft an LB on the first day of the draft.I think this means they wont be taking a Laurinitis type in the first round though. They will address interior o-line I think with the 25th pick (Alex Mack from Cal makes the most sense to me). Satele is not a long term answer....he was ABUSED against the Ravens in the playoffs.
I think this means they wont be taking a Laurinitis type in the first round though. They will address interior o-line I think with the 25th pick (Alex Mack from Cal makes the most sense to me). Satele is not a long term answer....he was ABUSED against the Ravens in the playoffs.
Mack or Unger could be a possibility. Also, there was talk of trying to sign the Ravens' center (Brown is his name, maybe?) but I'm not sure how likely that is. With Carey re-signed, Smiley coming back, Long, and a potential upgrade at center the O-line should be pretty strong next season.
I hope to god that we don't overpay for some aging WR like Coles or Houshmanzadeh. I think those guys are on the downslope. Now, on the cheap, I'm all for it. Maybe they'll teach Ginn and the young guys some tricks and inspire our WR free agent pick up bust from last year, Willford.
Really, I think Bell was a playmaker. Now, he may have been exposed in coverage once in a while, but I think we played 100% better when he's in there. Especially true for Crowder. When he missed that game late last year, the D didn't look sound.
I think this means they wont be taking a Laurinitis type in the first round though. They will address interior o-line I think with the 25th pick (Alex Mack from Cal makes the most sense to me). Satele is not a long term answer....he was ABUSED against the Ravens in the playoffs.
I'm not a guy that puts tooo much stock in the workouts, a la Mike Mamula, but didn't Laurinitis run a real slow 40? Also, I think he was one of those overhyped guys because he was white, played for a high profile program and had a nice back story because of who his father is. Hopefully he'll be a solid pro. I heard an extended interview with him on a morning radio show (bubba the love sponge, but don't get me wrong, I'm not a regular listener) He seems like a nice kid.
I hope to god that we don't overpay for some aging WR like Coles or Houshmanzadeh. I think those guys are on the downslope. Now, on the cheap, I'm all for it. Maybe they'll teach Ginn and the young guys some tricks and inspire our WR free agent pick up bust from last year, Willford.Really, I think Bell was a playmaker. Now, he may have been exposed in coverage once in a while, but I think we played 100% better when he's in there. Especially true for Crowder. When he missed that game late last year, the D didn't look sound.I'm not a guy that puts tooo much stock in the workouts, a la Mike Mamula, but didn't Laurinitis run a real slow 40? Also, I think he was one of those overhyped guys because he was white, played for a high profile program and had a nice back story because of who his father is. Hopefully he'll be a solid pro. I heard an extended interview with him on a morning radio show (bubba the love sponge, but don't get me wrong, I'm not a regular listener) He seems like a nice kid.
Well, now they re-signed Bell. So they are set a safety. Looks like they wont resign Goodman. So they need to draft a CB (or two) in the draft. Maybe Alphonso Smith from Wake. He could be available at 25. Or take an interior lineman. I dont think they will go after Coles. It seemed logical at first but upon further review it does not make much sense.