***the Official Miami Dolphins 2008-2009 Thread***

I was also unhappy to see some Dave Wannstedt style coaching up 14-5. 1st and 10 on the Raiders 40 and you run it up the middle three times and then punt from the 34? WTF? Grow some balls, stay aggressive and score and end the game. They got very lucky today. But they won and it should be a good wakeup call before the Pats come to town. If they can beat the Pats, they will have the inside track to the #5 seed.
That was awful. I'm hoping you're right about the Pats game, though. Lucky to get a win last week, but hopefully it will bring some urgency as they prepare this week. A huge game in late November against a division opponent. Man, it's nice to have a reason to care about the games again.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, feel free to vomit, then post a dozen reverse jinxi.
I don't. I'd love a win, am pulling for a win and would do anything for a win against these Pats and even picked the Phins in my office pool, but I have a weird feeling. Sometimes, you have to learn to win these types of games, it's a process and I think we are at the beginning of the process.Buuut, my fat ass will be on my couch, I may break out my Zach Thomas white jersey (real jersey, stitched numbers, none of that replica stuff for me) and root my ass off for the Phins, but we'll see.
You sure it wasn't Miami's kick coverage that made you vomit?
It quite possibly could've been that.
I don't. I'd love a win, am pulling for a win and would do anything for a win against these Pats and even picked the Phins in my office pool, but I have a weird feeling. Sometimes, you have to learn to win these types of games, it's a process and I think we are at the beginning of the process.Buuut, my fat ass will be on my couch, I may break out my Zach Thomas white jersey (real jersey, stitched numbers, none of that replica stuff for me) and root my ass off for the Phins, but we'll see.It quite possibly could've been that.
I am excited. Been thinking about the game all week. We are getting to the game super early and going to the special tailgate party. I got my lucky Ronnie Brown jersey ready (3-1 on the year). It's go time.
I don't. I'd love a win, am pulling for a win and would do anything for a win against these Pats and even picked the Phins in my office pool, but I have a weird feeling. Sometimes, you have to learn to win these types of games, it's a process and I think we are at the beginning of the process.
Yep. Maybe it's just that I'm jaded after so many years of mediocrity, but after barely getting by Seattle and Oakland, I've got this "weird feeling" that we could be in for a long day. It won't stop me from going to the bar and eating, drinking, and being merry during the game, though.
Well, at least we can all agree that the "fight" was really funny.
Channing Crowder did nothing to get ejected. And that pass interference call against Moss for the touchdown was bullshit. Moss interferred. But, we have no business trying to win a shoot out. Oh well, we competed for a while. I'm so mad, I knew in my heart that we couldn't win this game yet I still picked the Phins in my pool. So stupid.

Well that secondary they left alone this offseason finally gave out. They had been playing better but they just could not cover the Pats. Poor Channing Crowder was (wrongly!) locked on Kevin Faulk man to man all day. Which is just such a ****ing mismatch. I would have been mad enough to pick a fight after 60 minutes of that assignment too.Moss interference was a terrible call (at best it was a no-call.....It happened right in front of me since we were sitting in the 2nd row of that corner of the stadium. just terrible.) but it didnt really matter. They did not stop the Pats all day....they only stayed in the game because of one fluky INT and a fumble recovery in their own red zone. Hell, the Pats did not even get to third down much. Pass, pass, first down, repeat. Ugh.Offense played well again. Ginn is getting better, Camarillo is getting better, Davone Bess had a nice game. They could have easily scored 40 pts. But they would have needed 50 and thats a problem. The dolphins should already be thinking of ways to trade up for Malcolm Jenkins of the CB from Illinois whose name I cant remember. They need a lockdown DB desperately.

Channing Crowder did nothing to get ejected.
That's what I thought too...all he did was some normal after-play shoving. I don't know what the fuck Light could have been thinking.
And that pass interference call against Moss for the touchdown was bullshit. Moss interferred.
Meh...they both interfered a bit. The CB definitely did have his left arm out blocking Moss, which absolutely is a penalty. And Moss did have his hand on the CB's shoulder...Dierdorf (sp) pointed out the fact that he didn't create any separation with it, but I'm not buying that. I think it was a wash, so it's a TD regardless.
Well that secondary they left alone this offseason finally gave out. They had been playing better but they just could not cover the Pats. Poor Channing Crowder was (wrongly!) locked on Kevin Faulk man to man all day. Which is just such a ****ing mismatch. I would have been mad enough to pick a fight after 60 minutes of that assignment too.
I love me some Faulk.
Offense played well again. Ginn is getting better, Camarillo is getting better.
I hope Camarillo's ok, he seems like a player. That last drive (including the kickoff) couldn't have done much for Ginn's confidence.
That's what I thought too...all he did was some normal after-play shoving. I don't know what the fuck Light could have been thinking.Meh...they both interfered a bit. The CB definitely did have his left arm out blocking Moss, which absolutely is a penalty. And Moss did have his hand on the CB's shoulder...Dierdorf (sp) pointed out the fact that he didn't create any separation with it, but I'm not buying that. I think it was a wash, so it's a TD regardless.I love me some Faulk.I hope Camarillo's ok, he seems like a player. That last drive (including the kickoff) couldn't have done much for Ginn's confidence.
Very sad Camarillo is out for the year. I agree that the Moss TD was a no call. But def. pass interference? They really need to sit the refs down. Def. PI and roughing the passer are called so poorly it is not funny.Matt Light is very lucky to only be fined. He punched a helmet-less player in the head multiple times. What the **** do you have to do to get suspended in the NFL?Dolphins probably need to win 4 out of 5 to even have a chance at the playoffs now. Disappointing....but still such progress from last year. Very encouraging stuff.It would be really nice to see them come out Sunday and roll the Rams. Show mental toughness and dont have a road letdown against a crap team just because they are disappointed about the Patriots game.

It was not pretty. Then again, the Rams are a different team when Steven Jackson plays. Bulger sucks though. The Rams ran the ball well and they protected the passer well and he still managed to have a lame ass game against the Dolphins suspect DBs. Pennington was good again.....I felt like they shackled him with the play calling. Martin's fumble was big....ended a drive that should have put them up 11 and more or less ended the game.All things considered, they won again on the road when it would have been easy to have a letdown game after last week's disappointment (not to mention the mounting injury situation. losing Smiley is rough.) 7-5 means they are still alive and they may catch a break next week if Edwards injury is substantial.

He's hoping the roof being closed and it not being in Buffalo is an advantage.
I think Trent Edwards being hurt was a bigger advantage. Losman sucks. A lot. But, i am sure the non-weather helped.Very good game. Defense seems to be really coming together. Run defense was great all day. I dont think Lynch had one run over 5-6 yards. Pass D improves....it helps that they finally got some front 4 pressure again. Good to see Porter get back on the board.Offense is kinda odd. They ran it nicely and they threw it pretty well and they did not turn it over AGAIN. The way they protect the football is amazing. I think the drawback is clearly they dont pick up many third and longs and they often settle for FG attempts. But I will take it. They did what they had to. I guess Dan Carpenter is human after all.Three way tie for first in the AFC East......utterly amazing. And we get SF at home (not a total pushover ask the Jets) but they have to travel cross country which teams struggle with mightily. Then KC. It could all set up with a huge showdown with the Jets in New York. Love it. If only Seattle could have held on today....
Three way tie for first in the AFC East......utterly amazing. And we get SF at home (not a total pushover ask the Jets) but they have to travel cross country which teams struggle with mightily. Then KC. It could all set up with a huge showdown with the Jets in New York. Love it. If only Seattle could have held on today....
A Seattle victory would have been nice, but at least we're still ahead of NE because of conference record. Obviously I'd like to see three more victories but if somebody told me after last season that Miami would win at least eight games this year, I would have been more than happy.
If Washington beats Baltimore tonight there's a chance that Miami AND New England will make the playoffs. I'd like to see that. F the Jets.
I could live with that. If they both make the playoffs though it will be as the 3 and 6 seeds probably (maybe Broncos get the 3 seed but I doubt since NE and Miami beat them head to head). Which means they would play. Crazy. I will definitely be pulling hard for the Skins tonight.Ending the Jets season by beating them in the Meadowlands would be soooooooo goooooooooot. However, first things first. If Miami wants to prove it belongs in the postseason then they have to show they can take care of business against SF at thome and KC on the road. They have struggled to beat bad teams lately.....I want to see them crush the Niners next week (I shall be in attendance of course) and show they can punish an inferior team at home. That would be a great start.I still think no matter what I am going to owe you a 100 bucks......but this season has been totally worth it. I hope Trent Edwards is back in two weeks so Buffalo has a chance against NE. Losman is so awful.
Who's going on Sunday? It has turned into a really hot ticket.
I'll be watching in a bar a few thousand miles away. The stadium better be packed and rowdy.EDIT: Also, I was reading a few Dolphins articles and saw something Ricky said that I really liked. Somebody asked him if the Dolphins were overachieving this season. He said they might not be the most talented team but they are probably one of the hardest working teams and hard work is a talent.
I'll be watching in a bar a few thousand miles away. The stadium better be packed and rowdy.EDIT: Also, I was reading a few Dolphins articles and saw something Ricky said that I really liked. Somebody asked him if the Dolphins were overachieving this season. He said they might not be the most talented team but they are probably one of the hardest working teams and hard work is a talent.
It is nice to see Ricky having a quiet but solid season. This guy took a lot of abuse (some of it deserved) but there are a lot of guys in the NFL worse than a pothead who got sick of carrying the ball 350 times per year and getting killed.Side note: It seems like the Dolphins are not only playing hard, playing smart (only 10 turnovers in 13 games.....that is amazing) but they seem to be getting breaks left and right as if the football gods owe them a favor or two. Looks like Frank Gore will not play Sunday. This after Trent Edwards missed last week's game. Knock on wood....but the 49ers are just not the same team offensively without Frank.
It is nice to see Ricky having a quiet but solid season. This guy took a lot of abuse (some of it deserved) but there are a lot of guys in the NFL worse than a pothead who got sick of carrying the ball 350 times per year and getting killed.Side note: It seems like the Dolphins are not only playing hard, playing smart (only 10 turnovers in 13 games.....that is amazing) but they seem to be getting breaks left and right as if the football gods owe them a favor or two. Looks like Frank Gore will not play Sunday. This after Trent Edwards missed last week's game. Knock on wood....but the 49ers are just not the same team offensively without Frank.
I hated Ricky as much as anyone when he first quit. But after hearing his thoughts on pretty much everything, I couldn't really blame the guy. He's honest and true to himself. I understand why people criticize him but I see him as a guy who has matured a bit and understands what he wants to do. I have absolutely no problem with him on the team.
hopefully the niners will beat a AFC east team for the third straight week. GO NINERS! oh, and remember marino's only super bowl? hehe19si.jpg
no frank gore= I like our chances. Joey Porter gets at least 2 sacks as the 49ers are forced to be completely one-dimensional. Pennington and Ronnie Brown have big days. Thats what I hope to be seeing on Sunday. Should be a great crowd.

foster might have a big game, but if gore is out i don't like our chances. our D has been great the past two weeks, only allowing 17 points total. i also think that willis will direct the defense to counter against ronnie brown and the wildcat formation. it will be a good game! :club:

foster might have a big game, but if gore is out i don't like our chances. our D has been great the past two weeks, only allowing 17 points total. i also think that willis will direct the defense to counter against ronnie brown and the wildcat formation. it will be a good game! :club:
I dont expect the Wildcat to have much effect. But I do expect the 49ers to struggle to stop the dolphins base package.

Another ho hum game where the dolphins refused to put a team away. Almost cost them....49ers are not so bad. Singletary should be hired for sure. Defense came up big when necessary again.I cannot believe that 3rd and 4 from the SF 29 with 2 mins and change left.....we run a toss sweep. So stupid! even a draw play is better than that crap which had ZERO chance of working. Your QB has 6 turnovers all year and has a high completion percentage. Put the ball in his ****ing hands and let him get the 1st down and end the game. Dumb dumb dumb. That toss sweep loses two yards......and then the kicker puts one off the crossbar. Even a no gain on the 3rd down play and Carpenter makes the FG (barely). Very lucky dolphins. But I will take it....9-5 is amazing.