just watched Barton Fink. really liked it. NCFOMThe BLMiller's CrossingFargoA Serious ManBarton FinkBlood Simple O'BrotherRaising ArizonaThe LadyKillers
rewatched miller's crossing and fargo this week. i think i'd move mc above fargo.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are the Coen Brothers doing a Fast and Furious movie? Because that would be...I don't know what that would be.

I would like to point out that I took this advice about 6 months ago, and DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNNN!!!!!! That's all I will say. DAMN!!!

He didn't say not to watch it. In fact, he specifically said, "Now go watch it." He was just trying to lower my expectations.

just watched Barton Fink. really liked it. NCFOMThe BLFargoMiller's CrossingA Serious ManBarton FinkBlood Simple O'BrotherRaising ArizonaThe LadyKillers
My list:FargoBarton FinkBig LebowskiSerious ManBurn After ReadingO BrotherHudsucker ProxyNCFOMTrue GritMiller's Crossing
My list:FargoBarton FinkBig LebowskiSerious ManBurn After ReadingO BrotherHudsucker ProxyNCFOMTrue GritMiller's Crossing
i still need to see true grit and hudsucker. but i'm sure i'll love true grit; don't know about hudsucker. i ordered the man who wasnt there off amazon. should get it next week. i'm surprised you have NCFOM so low. did you not like aspects of it, or do you just prefer the others more?

The Coens have written a screenplay adaptation of To the White Sea, which is a WWII novel about an American soldier shot down and escaping across Japan. It's an interesting choice for them because there's almost no dialogue after the 10th page. They said that Brad Pitt told them he would play the lead role for almost nothing. And yet it's not going to get made.It's amazing to me that no studio will sign off on Coen Brothers + Brad Pitt. Apparently the budget for it would be something like $80 million, which, if I had to guess, is probably a lot more than any other movie they've done.But still.

i still need to see true grit and hudsucker. but i'm sure i'll love true grit; don't know about hudsucker. i ordered the man who wasnt there off amazon. should get it next week. i'm surprised you have NCFOM so low. did you not like aspects of it, or do you just prefer the others more?
It's really the latter. I guess I tend to prefer the movies which have more of a humorous element. NCFOM was very well executed, but at the end of the day it is a thriller/suspense movie and those just don't tend to have as much appeal for me. I couldn't criticise anything about it; I still rate it very highly. I put True Grit and Miller's Crossing below it, and I rate both of those 4/5 also.

So I saw boiler room this weekend, and it was a big disappointment. I was told that it was on par with movies like Glengary Glen Ross and Wall street, and it just was not.However, Vin absolutely stole the show. People talk about Affleck being so good in the movie,a nd his interview scene being on par with Baldwin, but vin was the real revelation in this movie, and playing a stock broker of all things, far outside of his comfort zone, but he still nailed it.My updated Vin List

xXx

xXx: the return of xander cage ( i'm assuming. it's out in 2011, but it HAS to rule)

The fast and the furious

Pitch black

Fast and Furious

Boiler Room (not enough vin, but he's great in it

)Saving Private Ryan (obviously this movie is a better movie, but in terms of it's "Vin-ness" it doesn't feature him near enough. But he eats up the screen when he's on it)

Special shout out to Toyko drift, which is even better than the fast and the furious for my tastes, but Vin only has a cameo.

Next on the list: babylon ad

So I saw boiler room this weekend, and it was a big disappointment. I was told that it was on par with movies like Glengary Glen Ross and Wall street, and it just was not.
Am I missing something? Were the Coen brothers involved in "Boiler Room" in some capacity?
Ok. Cool.Not sure why you quoted me there.
Oh, I quoted you because I thought it was relevant to the question of whether or not the Coen bros. should get an $80m budget. If a goddam Western by them has raked in twice that already, before international distribution and dvds, then I would think a WWII film with goddam Brad Pitt would probably make half a billion worldwide.
Oh, I quoted you because I thought it was relevant to the question of whether or not the Coen bros. should get an $80m budget. If a goddam Western by them has raked in twice that already, before international distribution and dvds, then I would think a WWII film with goddam Brad Pitt would probably make half a billion worldwide.
With no dialog?
With no dialog?
I kind of forgot about that part (no dialog after page 10), but they could just give it dialog. It wasn't clear that they are trying to make a movie with hardly any dialog, just that they are adapting something that originally had hardly any dialog. I suppose if Pitt's character is alone in the jungle or whatever the whole time then it'd be difficult, but hell, Castaway was successful.
I kind of forgot about that part (no dialog after page 10), but they could just give it dialog. It wasn't clear that they are trying to make a movie with hardly any dialog, just that they are adapting something that originally had hardly any dialog. I suppose if Pitt's character is alone in the jungle or whatever the whole time then it'd be difficult, but hell, Castaway was successful.
I meant after page 10 of their screenplay. So, the way they've written the movie, there would be almost no dialogue.
I meant after page 10 of their screenplay. So, the way they've written the movie, there would be almost no dialogue.
Ohhhhh. That's crazy, but I really really want to see it (sad face).

Studio's need to trust the Coen's. The movie would definitely make back $80m after worldwide boxoffice and dvd. Even their movies that don't preform well in theaters have a lot of legs because of their cult following.

• 10 months later...
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1176563/it...are_coming.html
“With the success of this last one, and the inclusion of so many characters, and the broadening of scope, when we were sitting down to figure out what would fit into the real estate of number six, we didn’t have enough space”, Diesel said.He added that “We have to pay off this story, we have to service all of these character relationships, and when we started mapping all that out it just went beyond 110 pages. The studio said, ‘You can’t fit all that story in one damn movie!’"
jayz-dame.jpg
  • 7 months later...

BIG NEWS ON THE xXx 3 front! The project has been in limbo, but it's been given the green light. .from IMDB.. Xander Cage is left for dead after an incident, though he secretly returns to action for a new, tough assignment with his handler Augustus Gibbons.Sam and Vin are back on the project, but the biggest news is, signed on for the director is....Rob Cohen. Suck it, haters.

I don't really know what you're doing in this thread, but I always enjoy it.I also laughed at this:

Are the Coen Brothers doing a Fast and Furious movie? Because that would be...I don't know what that would be.
before realizing that was me. But I "liked" it anyway.
  • 5 months later...

Wait. What does "one night only" mean?

That seems to be paced and themed the same as A Serious Man. I'm sure I'll love it, but that trailer wasn't super exciting. If it wasn't Coen Bros I would laugh at how stupid it looks. However, being a Coen movie gives it a lot of hope.