Is Daniel's Best Poker Behind Him?

First of all, let me start by stating that I am a huge Daniel Negreanu fan and have been since his old website. I also believe he's been an incredible ambassador for the game in every aspect. Perhaps the latter has played the largest role in his play since his last meaningful win almost two and half years ago (WSOP Circuit Event 1/23/06). I know he's accomplished more than many dream of, but two and half years is two and a half years! Here's to hoping he wins a bracelet or two at the WSOP and gets back to where he was a few years ago. It would be nice to once again see him holding up his arms at the end of a tournament and I'm sure his book sales would benefit as well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first!
Dammit you're fast!
First of all, let me start by stating that I am a huge Daniel Negreanu fan and have been since his old website. I also believe he's been an incredible ambassador for the game in every aspect. Perhaps the latter has played the largest role in his play since his last meaningful win almost two and half years ago (WSOP Circuit Event 1/23/06). I know he's accomplished more than many dream of, but two and half years is two and a half years! Here's to hoping he wins a bracelet or two at the WSOP and gets back to where he was a few years ago. It would be nice to once again see him holding up his arms at the end of a tournament and I'm sure his book sales would benefit as well.
daniel needs to realize no one cares about WPT results. Let's face facts on that particular circuit, a donkey like Gus runs havoc on it. Daniel isn't better than Phil Helmuth, and he needs to get more bracelets. He's almost tied with Mike Matusow! That's embarassing for people that are his fanboys simply because of geographical location. Come on, DN. You better get a bracelet, as oppose to losing and posting a blog about the people that play in and win WPT titles. We don't care. I love you, win something. Don't go around challenging every online wiz kid either, you're almost 35. You look like you want to give your money away. lol. I'm kinda stoned/drunk and this was fun.Daniel > VEGASalso, id like to apologize for my fat racist brother-in-law
daniel needs to realize no one cares about WPT results. Let's face facts on that particular circuit, a donkey like Gus runs havoc on it. Daniel isn't better than Phil Helmuth, and he needs to get more bracelets. He's almost tied with Mike Matusow! That's embarassing for people that are his fanboys simply because of geographical location. Come on, DN. You better get a bracelet, as oppose to losing and posting a blog about the people that play in and win WPT titles. We don't care. I love you, win something. Don't go around challenging every online wiz kid either, you're almost 35. You look like you want to give your money away. lol. I'm kinda stoned/drunk and this was fun.Daniel > VEGASalso, id like to apologize for my fat racist brother-in-law
LOL. I stopped reading right about THERE!
Naw, don't worry: this... "real"... account makes some funny posts.
LOL. I stopped reading right about THERE!
gus su.cks, that's common knowledge. He's greg raymer with a horse shoe up his a.ss more than one day out of a lifetime.
gus su.cks, that's common knowledge. He's greg raymer with a horse shoe up his a.ss more than one day out of a lifetime.
The guy has Phil Gordon in his sig...He's obviously has heavily distorted views of who are good poker players, and who suck.
At least read Gus' book 'Every Hand Revealed' before claiming it's common knowledge that he sucks. I just finished it this week and I'd say Gus is definitely no donkey.

When you play more poker you win more. Daniel was playing a lot more then in 2004 than he is now cuse he has different obligations like Poker VT and his deal with Pokerstars. He will still play the larger tournaments but I wish he still played MTTs like the one heads up against Freddy Deeb where he won back in 2004ish.

You cant be that huge of a fan if you say shit like that. 2 Years isnt that much as far as tournament variance goes, plus most of his recent eliminations occured when he went in with the best of it. I think he certainly felt on top of his game sometimes in the last months, and sure he knows best. Lets just hope for a great world series for daniel and stop questioning his recent performance, he played great if you followed it at all.

Who remembers the guy who claimed to be better than Doyle Brunson? He said that Doyle won the WSOP ME back to back against tiny fields, while he had finished top 50 in a freeroll three times in one week. Quality stuff.