Dallas Stars Vs Detroit Red Wings - 2008 Western Conference Final

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeI hate the schedule!Sat I am at the Mudhens game, game 4 I will be driving to NYC and game 5 if necessary I will be driving back from NYC.
I was hoping for a Sat afternoon game on the 31st cause I'll be at dmb, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FOCKERS!

Well deserved Wings. Clearly the better team.I'll be rooting for you in the finals, even though I hate Draper with a passion.Come on, let's keep this in the western conference!

Well deserved Wings. Clearly the better team.I'll be rooting for you in the finals, even though I hate Draper with a passion.Come on, let's keep this in the western conference!
why do u hate draper?

The comment regarding Turco being better than Hasek/Ozzie combined is a joke. How many Vezinas and Cups does Turco have? Enough said. He'll never get to the hall of fame, a place where Hasek already has a spot reserved. And Ozzie deserves consideration. And considering the point they are in their careers, that's a pretty lame analysis. I think Turco is a very good goaltender, but definitely over rated. He hasn't accomplished anything considerable in his career and his ability to steal games was missing from this series. Go Wings.

The comment regarding Turco being better than Hasek/Ozzie combined is a joke. How many Vezinas and Cups does Turco have? Enough said. He'll never get to the hall of fame, a place where Hasek already has a spot reserved. And Ozzie deserves consideration. And considering the point they are in their careers, that's a pretty lame analysis. I think Turco is a very good goaltender, but definitely over rated. He hasn't accomplished anything considerable in his career and his ability to steal games was missing from this series. Go Wings.
combined CURRENTLY? I think it's likely. career? untrue, but not what I meant. agree on the lame analysis part: sbriand was begging to be riled and I delivered.

Thanks Jeff. Regarding goalies and the hallofame. The big discussion around these parts on one radio station is the argument on whether Osgood solidifies his bid to the HoF with another cup this season. Looking at career numbers and where he ranks lifetime and it sounds pretty impressive but "he played for the Wings" always seems to be the reason people give to say he does not deserve to be in the HoF. If that is true than neither does Hasek or Turco. This will be Osgoods 3rd ring and 2nd ring where he was the winning goalie. He also has the chance, if he continue to roll like he has, to be in contention for the Conn Smythe. Looking at career wins, S%, GAA, playoff wins, SO, etc I just have to think he has a chance. It seems really hard for a goalie to get into the HoF and if Osgood can't do it with his career numbers and 2 or more cup wins then I have to say Turco has no shot.

Not to mention Hasek and Osgood were among the league leaders for Save %, GAA, etc. There is no way Turco is better. In fact, the way Ozzie has played these playoffs and all year, I don't think Turco is even better than him. Hasek, yes. Turco did not have to stand on his head in particular for Dallas to get through the playoffs. I'd say their offense carried them through the first 2 rounds. Ozzie didn't have to stand on his head either, but when he was called upon, he rose to the occasion. He played very well all season and playoffs. I'm not saying Turco is a bad goalie, I just think it's a ridiculous analysis and not even true in any aspect. WARNING: This is only my opinion. You are entitled to yours.

It seems really hard for a goalie to get into the HoF and if Osgood can't do it with his career numbers and 2 or more cup wins then I have to say Turco has no shot.
I don't know how this turned into a hall of fame discussion. I hate hall of fame discussions, but I'll give it a shot:turco is not hall of fame material now, and maybe not ever, even if he wins a few cups. it's not a talent thing, it's the fact that he has almost no international experience and no prospects for that any time soon with luongo/brodeur ahead of him in the starting order. what a sucky time to be a canadian goaltender.
I don't know how this turned into a hall of fame discussion. I hate hall of fame discussions, but I'll give it a shot:turco is not hall of fame material now, and maybe not ever, even if he wins a few cups. it's not a talent thing, it's the fact that he has almost no international experience and no prospects for that any time soon with luongo/brodeur ahead of him in the starting order. what a sucky time to be a canadian goaltender.
I only brought it up because it has been a hot topic here in Detroit.
this is a very odd thing to say imo
I only said this because everytime I voice my opinion or debate something, I get torn into if I miss one single statistic or voice an opinion someone disagrees with. Basically just saying "settle the fuck down".
I only said this because everytime I voice my opinion or debate something, I get torn into if I miss one single statistic or voice an opinion someone disagrees with. Basically just saying "settle the fuck down".
I have so much sympathy for you poor red wings fans. crying real tears for you, right now./jealousy
I have so much sympathy for you poor red wings fans. crying real tears for you, right now./jealousy
Your school won the NCAA Basketball Championship and you got a day off. Shut it.