Sushi Thread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time posting in the sushi thread.Tried shrimp shumai last night and really enjoyed it. Went with the spicy tuna sushi too.

First time posting in the sushi thread.Tried shrimp shumai last night and really enjoyed it. Went with the spicy tuna sushi too.
Spicy tuna..Very good choice..Having sushi tomorrow night..Last time before weight loss challenge.

ty serge. One of the guys last night talked about some ultra high end 8 course place to go to in Chicago. Most of us don't have the disposable income for something like that. Maybe someday. I was happy enough to enjoy a great dinner with friends.

Several of us will be in L.A. for the LAPC in a few days and all of us are very much looking forward to hitting up this place:SUSHI GENhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-gen-los-angelesThere are lots of great Sushi places in the world, and this place is in the upper tiers as far as the USA goes imo. So good.
I have heard of this place..Trip report will be appreciated..I like to try it out next time I m in LA
  • 3 weeks later...
I have heard of this place..Trip report will be appreciated..I like to try it out next time I m in LA
Just back from the LAPC. Good times, busted 30 from the cash in the $1 Mill. first event but crushed the cash games.Sushi Gen is still some of the best Sushi ever. Me, Seacucumber, NoSup4u, Acid Knight and AAsnake ate some of the craziest shit ever, from fried shimp heads to quail egg oyster shooters. We sat at the bar and told them to let us have it. So one by one they basically went down the list and stuff came out about every 10 minutes. We pretty much ate everything while pounding Kirin and Saki bombs. Awesome night.CCR'd the bill (last one out paying) and I binked it right out of the gate. Mark ended up getting stuck...bill was $920 with tip.Afterward we walked 2 doors down to Ms. C's, a very cool, small drinking lounge with sofa's for more Saki goodness. Worth every damn penny.
Just back from the LAPC. Good times, busted 30 from the cash in the $1 Mill. first event but crushed the cash games.CCR'd the bill (last one out paying) and I binked it right out of the gate. Mark ended up getting stuck...bill was $920 with tip.
Nice. Would have been better if Checky lost....Mark still a baller though.