Fish Hooks Against A Station

Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $198.77UTG+1: $23.30Hero: $97.99Button: $113.55SB: $295.70BB: $99Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :D :D UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $4, 3 folds, UTG calls.Flop: :ts:5c:club: ($9.5, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $6, UTG calls.Turn: :4h ($21.5, 2 players)UTG bets $4, Hero raises to $25, UTG calls.River: :D ($71.5, 2 players)UTG bets $16, Hero ???Villian is like 70/0/.5obv fold isn't an option, shovel or fold

Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $198.77UTG+1: $23.30Hero: $97.99Button: $113.55SB: $295.70BB: $99Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :D :D UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $4, 3 folds, UTG calls.Flop: :ts:5c:club: ($9.5, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $6, UTG calls.Turn: :4h ($21.5, 2 players)UTG bets $4, Hero raises to $25, UTG calls.River: :D ($71.5, 2 players)UTG bets $16, Hero ???Villian is like 70/0/.5obv fold isn't an option, shovel or fold
10 hands before this I got it all in with AK against the villian's straight on a K high board (he was only $50 deep in a re raised pot) But I have no idea if he is paying attention to the action.

I'd call, certainly not raise, if he has JJ beat hes calling, hard to think he'd call a shove with less than JJ. Ive put him on KJ KQ busted flush draw type of hand but would prob pay it off anyway as there is so much in there. what did he have in the end?

River: :club: ($71.5, 2 players)UTG bets $16, Hero ???Villian is like 70/0/.5obv fold isn't an option, shovel or fold
Looks like a "raise me please bet." Fool could be doing it with 88 or something. I usually just call w/o a read.
I'd call, certainly not raise, if he has JJ beat hes calling, hard to think he'd call a shove with less than JJ. Ive put him on KJ KQ busted flush draw type of hand but would prob pay it off anyway as there is so much in there. what did he have in the end?
Agreed. Call for the showdown, there's no point in raising if he wouldn't lay down a better hand anyway. These donkeys can have any kind of two pair hand. If he was on some kind of draw you're not getting a call and will just take it.

never a raise...i dont even think a fold is that bad, I feel like the only reason were calling is because he has a busted flush draw some of the time...anyone else think this could very easily be a set/2pr?

I call here like 99.999999999999199999% of the time."Hey, what's with that .999999999999199999!?"That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Why?
Two qualifiers:1) I haven't spoken to Nate.2) I'm an idiot.That out of the way, I would bet anyone on here 7 dollars that the villain had a pair of tens at best and, upon further review, was bad enough to stack off (or actually did stack off) in this spot with worse than JJ.
Two qualifiers:1) I haven't spoken to Nate.2) I'm an idiot.That out of the way, I would bet anyone on here 7 dollars that the villain had a pair of tens at best and, upon further review, was bad enough to stack off (or actually did stack off) in this spot with worse than JJ.
i agree that based on villians line,with no read and his PT stats he could have a hand like 10 10 here,trying to showdown somewhat cheap.but it could just as easily be a k 10 as played,so as most of the above posters stated, a shovel here is a horrible idea
never a raise...i dont even think a fold is that bad, I feel like the only reason were calling is because he has a busted flush draw some of the time...anyone else think this could very easily be a set/2pr?
This COULD be set/2pr, but by his stats, he's a donk and it's such a small bet in relation to the pot that folding is never an option in this exact spot. Raising is bad because the only thing that calls you is something that beats JJ.Call. If he spiked on you with K10, then so be it.
i dont even think a fold is that bad, I feel like the only reason were calling is because he has a busted flush draw some of the time...anyone else think this could very easily be a set/2pr?
I don't think this is ever 2 pair or a set.I think folding would be such a massively large mistake considering the pot odds that we're getting.The question in the OP is whether to call or raise for value. I think there's very little value in raising here since we are beaten some percent of the time and he's gonna fold most worse hands some percent of the time. I just call and take the showdown.
Ya so he showed QTs for the one stupid hand that I could have gotten value fromthanks guys
your call isn't bad. the river card just kinda sucked. i don't think i would ever raise there.
So...are we scared of poop donk bets?yes is fine... i just wanna know why... is it cuz he's so passive that you think he'll poop on the nuts?
i don't understand this
Ya so he showed QTs for the one stupid hand that I could have gotten value fromthanks guys
You can't kick yourself over this since no one in this thread would've shoved, either.
I would shove this almost every time with this line, but ISSA6M.
I would bet anyone on here 7 dollars that the villain had a pair of tens at best and, upon further review, was bad enough to stack off (or actually did stack off) in this spot with worse than JJ.
Whoops. I stand corrected.