Would You Have Played This Any Different?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)SB (t20910)Hero (t28270)UTG (t7848)MP (t27338)CO (t19054)Button (t5164)Preflop: Hero is BB with qh.gif, qd.gif. UTG calls t600, MP calls t600, 3 folds, Hero raises to t2400, UTG calls t1800, MP calls t1800.Flop: (t7450) td.gif, jc.gif, 9d.gif(3 players)Hero bets t1200, UTG raises to t5398, MP calls t5398, Hero calls t4198.Turn: (t23644) 8d.gif(3 players)Hero bets t4200, MP raises to t19490, Hero calls t15290.River: (t62624) 9s.gif(3 players)Final Pot: t62624Results in white below: Hero has Qh Qd (straight, queen high). UTG has Qs Kd (straight, king high). MP has 4d Ad (flush, ace high). Outcome: MP wins t62624.

Thanks for your comments. Trying to improve my play (aren't we all). Totally right of course(in hindsight), I should have made a larger bet after the flop and tried to take it then.

Thanks for your comments. Trying to improve my play (aren't we all). Totally right of course(in hindsight), I should have made a larger bet after the flop and tried to take it then.
Meh the idea of "taking it down" is a common misconception with many players..You might have just used the term here in passing, but let me explain why a bigger bet is better..This board is extremely draw heavy and thus you want to make your opponent pay to draw to a better than than you currently have..By betting 1.2K into a pot of 7.5K, you are giving MP correct drawing odds for hands like he actually ended up having (a flush draw)...UTG's stack almost doesn't even matter at this point, since he has less than a pot sized bet left..You aren't giving the hand up to him unless the flop comes A high, in which case I think checking is probably best against two players OOP..Hopefully that clears things up maybe just a bit, I'm pretty tired so if Cop or Simo or anyone else want to chime in, doooo it
Meh the idea of "taking it down" is a common misconception with many players..You might have just used the term here in passing, but let me explain why a bigger bet is better..This board is extremely draw heavy and thus you want to make your opponent pay to draw to a better than than you currently have..By betting 1.2K into a pot of 7.5K, you are giving MP correct drawing odds for hands like he actually ended up having (a flush draw)...UTG's stack almost doesn't even matter at this point, since he has less than a pot sized bet left..You aren't giving the hand up to him unless the flop comes A high, in which case I think checking is probably best against two players OOP..Hopefully that clears things up maybe just a bit, I'm pretty tired so if Cop or Simo or anyone else want to chime in, doooo it
It does. :club: Thank you very much for taking the time to explain.
I would have raised more p/f and shoved the flop.
True. You're giving UTG 2.3:1 to see a flop with 600 already invested and implied odds from MP who also has 600 already invested and will be seeing correct odds to call with anything that could also have limped from MP.Does that even make sense? I have one eye open at the moment...Edit: 5-6k sounds about right. You'll be OOP the rest of the hand facing MP who can seriously hurt you. I say drop 5k preflop and shove the flop.

Is it impossible to fold this flop? Obv against one player youre all in, but against two there is an awfully good chance youre up against a set, KK, AA or a made straight in addition to the nut flush draw, which puts you between a 7:1 and 4:1 dog. Its not an easy fold, but a realistic one.Turn is an easy fold to the push. I cant put villain on anything that can push into that hellish board after hero leads the turn that hero can beat.

With the limpers, your PF raise needs to be bigger, about 3K. As it stands, raising to 2400 doesn't give you much fold equity on the limpers, and you give weak aces and weak unsuited broadways an easier call and a chance to outflop you or flop a draw to the best hand.

Is it impossible to fold this flop? Obv against one player youre all in, but against two there is an awfully good chance youre up against a set, KK, AA or a made straight in addition to the nut flush draw, which puts you between a 7:1 and 4:1 dog. Its not an easy fold, but a realistic one.
I think the made straight is quite unlikely for two reasons: (1) Hero is holding 2 of the Queens, which significantly reduces the likelihood of a higher straight; (2) one of the villains would have had to limp-call with 98 preflop for the other straight. I also think AA/KK is highly unlikely based on the preflop action. A set, however, is possible.
I think the made straight is quite unlikely for two reasons: (1) Hero is holding 2 of the Queens, which significantly reduces the likelihood of a higher straight; (2) one of the villains would have had to limp-call with 98 preflop for the other straight. I also think AA/KK is highly unlikely based on the preflop action. A set, however, is possible.
MP is getting 3:1 to call PF so 98s isnt out of the question. I agree AA/KK should be discounted, maybe to 2 hands each instead of 6. What else besides sets is in his range based on action through the flop? After the push on the turn? (I can only put one of the two hands on a FD, because even the Kx diamonds has to be concerned about the A being in your hand)

On the flop you're probably right, there aren't many hands played this way that Hero beats. Possibly 88? Naked FD is probably a longshot, but maybe A8d? I'd have a hard time folding this on the flop but the more you look at it the more it seems that Hero is in deep here.

Yeah, was definately one of those hands, that after looking at it and reading the comments I should have played differently. Def bet more after the flop...and/or fold when the other 2 push. Sadly, I got caught up in the hand and didn't feel (at the time) I could lay it down.Again, thank you all for your comments - it's an education!

Yeah, was definately one of those hands, that after looking at it and reading the comments I should have played differently. Def bet more after the flop...and/or fold when the other 2 push. Sadly, I got caught up in the hand and didn't feel (at the time) I could lay it down.Again, thank you all for your comments - it's an education!
Im still not sure we've gotten to the right answer! I know the hand looks prettier than it really is, but Im still thinking about what ranges you can put villain on to make a fold right on either the flop or the turn.

i hope i read that hh right and one of the players is all in.the turn is a fold imho, you're getting massive action in a closed pot (1 player is all in = no sense in bluffing you out or thin valuebetting with 2pair or something). i cant come up with anything that you have beat. best would be a split here imho, but with 1 player already all in and the other one still raising your bets it should be quite clear that your money is gone.

Is it impossible to fold this flop? Obv against one player youre all in, but against two there is an awfully good chance youre up against a set, KK, AA or a made straight in addition to the nut flush draw, which puts you between a 7:1 and 4:1 dog. Its not an easy fold, but a realistic one.Turn is an easy fold to the push. I cant put villain on anything that can push into that hellish board after hero leads the turn that hero can beat.
<3. My thoughts exactly. I probably don't fold flop, but I check/fold when the diamond hits on the turn.