I think Steve is the dad, based on what Kelly said about them having history in high school. Can't be Brandon, they never dated in hs. Don't think it's Dylan, she would have said that they had history, and not just limited it to "history in high school". Steve and her definitely had history in only high school. It's Steve.I also like how they're sticking to the old gameplan by building the storylines slowly instead of just throwing everything they can think of in one season, ala The OC. I also like how they're mirroring the early years on the original show: Ethan, Ty, Annie looming love triangle= Kelly, Brenda, Dylan love triangle. Silver and Dylan similarities. I think I'm getting on board for just the show and not even the 90210 part of it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the begining of the show, the kids are watching a school news broadcast on tv in the classroom by Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez, the teacher says something like she looks like she's 30. Her mom, Andrea Zuckerman was played by Gabrielle Carteris who was 30 playing a teenager in the original.How sad am I that I picked up on that?
I actually found that pretty funny.
I think Steve is the dad, based on what Kelly said about them having history in high school. Can't be Brandon, they never dated in hs. Don't think it's Dylan, she would have said that they had history, and not just limited it to "history in high school". Steve and her definitely had history in only high school. It's Steve.
I'm leaning towards Steve as well. I kind of ruled out Brandon because there would've/should've been some mention of it last week when Brenda was there. (BTW, lol at the Strahan comment)At first when she mentioned high school history, I thought Dylan was more likely to end up a deadbeat dad and split.But when they showed the kid (Sam?) at the end of the show, the blonde curly hair would logically point to Steve. And I think Ian Ziering is more likely to appear on the show. (like once Kelly is more seriously dating the teacher guy)Sidenote: Wasn't Steve's mom's name Samantha?Yes, I know I'm a big nerd.P.S. I assume the general consensus will be that she needs to eat a cheeseburger, but I find Silver super-cute.
I'm leaning towards Steve as well. I kind of ruled out Brandon because there would've/should've been some mention of it last week when Brenda was there. (BTW, lol at the Strahan comment)At first when she mentioned high school history, I thought Dylan was more likely to end up a deadbeat dad and split.But when they showed the kid (Sam?) at the end of the show, the blonde curly hair would logically point to Steve. And I think Ian Ziering is more likely to appear on the show. (like once Kelly is more seriously dating the teacher guy)Sidenote: Wasn't Steve's mom's name Samantha?Yes, I know I'm a big nerd.P.S. I assume the general consensus will be that she needs to eat a cheeseburger, but I find Silver super-cute.
Hey, you don't need to apologize for being a nerd in this thread.Yea, good work with the Samantha connection, and Ian Ziering is signed on to make a couple guest appearances.I didn't like Silver in the first episode, but she really grew on me in the second one. And I don't like calling her Silver.

The phone call kelly got in the middle of the night in the 1st/2nd episode suggested that it was her baby's daddy. She then told Brenda that Brandon had called her at 3am from whereever he is (somewhere overseas). Not to mention that Brenda had seen the baby when it was born. Also when she was mentioning it to her new "boyfriend" (i can't remember his name) she said it was someone she was "with" in high school. I'm pretty sure the baby belongs to brandon who is just too far away to be there. Although the Sam connection is pretty good.

The phone call kelly got in the middle of the night in the 1st/2nd episode suggested that it was her baby's daddy. She then told Brenda that Brandon had called her at 3am from whereever he is (somewhere overseas). Not to mention that Brenda had seen the baby when it was born. Also when she was mentioning it to her new "boyfriend" (i can't remember his name) she said it was someone she was "with" in high school. I'm pretty sure the baby belongs to brandon who is just too far away to be there. Although the Sam connection is pretty good.
Wow, I must have missed that somehow. I'm going to re-watch it and get back to you. I can't see Brandon skipping out on a kid though.
Wow, I must have missed that somehow. I'm going to re-watch it and get back to you. I can't see Brandon skipping out on a kid though.
yeah me eitherplus steve is married dylan was born to be a deadbeat dadi wouldn't be surprised if they make it that kelly wanted a kid and just asked brandon to knock her up with no responsibilities - then again she had the ultimate not there dad so that doesnt make sense eithermaybe it's mr Walsh or nat

while she's on her "date" she mentions that it was with someone she dated in her past, but they weren't "together" when Sam was concieved, they just kinda hooked up again one night. I'm almost positive it's brandon (mainly since jason priestly is rumoured to be returning) But the phone call sealed it for me, it in one of the first 2 episodes they showed on the premiere night.

THIS SHOW IS SO CHEESY BUT I CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT, does that make me gay?Silver is saving this show imo

pay the dylan betters
This doesn't hurt the chances that Dylan may come back, so I'm happy.
Yeah, my money had been on Steve, but him and Kelly weren't really together on the old series. They had "already gone out" before he series started.And Dylan was the logical choice to not stick around. Seriously doubted it could be Brandon, especially when Brenda spent all of tonight's episode referring to the dad as "him". That would have sounded really stupid talking about her own brother like that.Lol at the Donna reference tonight. And Dixon getting hired at the Peach Pit. More TV time for Nat. :club: Now we just need Silver's older brother David to come back and teach everyone how to dance.

did anyone see the brilliance of steve and david in Domino?Nat's I once hired a guy from West Beverly a long time ago was a little weakI think even Steve worked there at one time and seeing that every teen in that school frequents that place I'm supposed to believe that Nat hasn't hired anyone from there sinceBy the way Hillary Swank worked at the peach pit tooYes 2 oscars for the cast of beverly hills 90210

did anyone see the brilliance of steve and david in Domino?Nat's I once hired a guy from West Beverly a long time ago was a little weakI think even Steve worked there at one time and seeing that every teen in that school frequents that place I'm supposed to believe that Nat hasn't hired anyone from there sinceBy the way Hillary Swank worked at the peach pit tooYes 2 oscars for the cast of beverly hills 90210
Haha, I forgot they were in that movie. It's been awhile.And Brenda worked at the Pit too.
I loved Domino for that reason.I don't recall Steve working there, but Brenda did one episode, remember Laverne? Also, Dylan's sister's mom, the one that ripped him off for this $8M, worked there too.My early prediction: Silver is going to be a huge movie star, post 90210.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hmmm, just wondering if the new show is having problems already.Thought it was a bad sign we got a rerun tonight. There's only been like 4 or 5 episodes, right?
They probably only filmed the first 5-6 episodes as a feeler and waited to see if they were going to get picked up for the season before shooting anymore. I imagine they probably started filiming more after the first week.

i was sooooo disappointed with the rerun last night, especially after the way last week's episode ended. But, i figured the same thing, they only did the first 6 episodes to see how it would fly. Hopefully new ones are on the way although i can't find anything on the interwebs about it.

• 5 weeks later...
Is this show as edgy as the original was? I need to live on the edge.
It doesn't compare to the original, in fact I've about lost interest, but I have to keep watching in case any of the original cast comes back. I dvr the original reruns every day and it's a joke how good that show was...if you fast forward all the Ondrea scenes.
It doesn't compare to the original, in fact I've about lost interest, but I have to keep watching in case any of the original cast comes back. I dvr the original reruns every day and it's a joke how good that show was...if you fast forward all the Ondrea scenes.
Thats what I was afraid of.