Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

I see what you're saying, and I've at times pushed too hard myself and ended up quartered, and if you serious tilt higher than a certain level you need to figure out a way to come to terms with it, but if you have any serious poker ambition, the raketrap eats you alive. Like, 2/4 is more beatable even BB-wise than 1/2 on PS for this reason. In the smaller limits, we pay like 3-4BB/100-worth of rake. That really, really cuts into your winrate. So obviously take all the time you need, but that time is expensive.
That's a good point.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played my best session of 2009. I lost 40 BBs but I don't think that matters at all. I'm going to play a couple mtts now (LHE and PLHE) and I predict at least one final table, and I just might take one down again.

I just played my best session of 2009. I lost 40 BBs but I don't think that matters at all. I'm going to play a couple mtts now (LHE and PLHE) and I predict at least one final table, and I just might take one down again.
Is registration closed on the LHE one? I may play it.
there's a 4.4 FL 2K guar starting in an hour and half on stars.. wanna barrage it?
I might jump in. My internet is still way too choppy for me to play real sessions and my sleep schedule is kind of fucked (just waking up now) so I need to find things that keep me busy so I don't play FIFA all night.
I might jump in. My internet is still way too choppy for me to play real sessions and my sleep schedule is kind of fucked (just waking up now) so I need to find things that keep me busy so I don't play FIFA all night.
get off Wireless, imo
there's a 4.4 FL 2K guar starting in an hour and half on stars.. wanna barrage it?
That one is a fun little donkfest. I'll probably jump in. If 4 of us get in we are pretty much guaranteed one of us at the final table.

Nice river check\PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with 10club.gif, 9spade.gif1 fold, MP calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB checksFlop: (3 SB) Jclub.gif, 10spade.gif, 3spade.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB bets, MP calls, Hero callsTurn: (3 BB) 6diamond.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB bets, MP calls, Hero foldsRiver: (5 BB) Adiamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, MP checksTotal pot: $10 (5 BB) | Rake: $0.25Results:BB had Jspade.gif, 9diamond.gif (one pair, Jacks).MP had Kspade.gif, Qspade.gif (straight, Ace high).Outcome: MP won $9.75

Nice river check\PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with 10club.gif, 9spade.gif1 fold, MP calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB checksFlop: (3 SB) Jclub.gif, 10spade.gif, 3spade.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB bets, MP calls, Hero callsTurn: (3 BB) 6diamond.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB bets, MP calls, Hero foldsRiver: (5 BB) Adiamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, MP checksTotal pot: $10 (5 BB) | Rake: $0.25Results:BB had Jspade.gif, 9diamond.gif (one pair, Jacks).MP had Kspade.gif, Qspade.gif (straight, Ace high).Outcome: MP won $9.75
About once a session I see people checking on the end or just calling a bet on the river with the nuts. I dont know wtf is up with it.
About once a session I see people checking on the end or just calling a bet on the river with the nuts. I dont know wtf is up with it.
In this case, I'm sure he was thinking about his flust draw/ over cards... and didn't notice he had the nuts.. me, I would have been jaming on the flop and turn..