****official Chicago Cubs****

Edit: Oh and that ball that Manny hit into the bleachers was just wrong....I mean seriously...wrong.
Jesus Christ it was.. it looked like a god damn golf swing. Only Vlad and Manny can hit shit like that out.
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, thought the umpire did a horredous job calling the outside pitches today and I think it got Dempster off his game. That being said there is no excuse for walking that many and Lowe seemed to adjust to it just fine. Not gonna win games with that many walks. Z needs to step up tomorow and be the number 1 he is always touted as.GG Dodgers. You beat us in game 1. Edit: Oh and that ball that Manny hit into the bleachers was just wrong....I mean seriously...wrong.
Agreed pretty much with everything you said here. Until the Loney hr though, I thought the Dodgers were going to let Dempster get away with walking everyone. That ball Martin hit in the 3rd with 2 on that died in lf hurt my feelings...and that ball Edmonds hit in the 8th I thought was gone off the bat.Obviously winning game 1 is big for other reasons, but I like the pressure being alleviated a bit from Billingsley. First playoff start etc, being down 0-1 would have been tough spot for him. As it is, he can go out and pitch a bit looser.How will the often over emotional Zambrano handle things tomorrow? As a Dodgers fan I obviously hope he blows up, but you Cubs fans know how he would handle a situation like that better then I.
Who the **** is James Loney? **** james loney
James 'Crazy Eyes' Loney :)When he came up, I told my brother hopefully he pulls a Will Clark. That was a NLCS game though in '89, when Clark hit that big grand slam at Wrigley off...Maddux? I think it was.

Guess who just turned down a free ticket to tonight's Cub Playoff game?Only cause they wouldn't let me sell it and it was only 1 ticket.

James 'Crazy Eyes' Loney :)When he came up, I told my brother hopefully he pulls a Will Clark. That was a NLCS game though in '89, when Clark hit that big grand slam at Wrigley off...Maddux? I think it was.
Haha that was one of few fond memories of the Giants being in San Francisco. **** the A's for beating us that year.Edit: My mom was at the earthquake game. We had season tickets from 1981-1999 and went to every playoff game there.
Sigh, I guess when half the people on the board were born after that game was played you do have to explain that...lol kids

If this is going to be over, I hope they just ****ing sweep the cubs. A quick death is better than a slow agonizing one. The blame on this one has to be shared. Too many god damn errors, too many guys who can't it, too many runs given up. God. Damn. It. Choking, weak minded god damn cubs. I want Cuban to buy the cubs and spend like 100 Million on manny.