Reason's Why You Can Skip Reading Poker Books

So you are all read up on “How to beat anyone online” and “So and So’s crush online poker” etc. You scan the strategy section of FCP, 2+2, P5s, even NWP. You are spending hours preparing your mind for battle.It’s all a waste.Here is the average online poker encounter from BOTH perspectives:We’ll use a random everyday name that could be anyone to represent our poor sap that thinks there is skill involved in poker, let’s say…CheckyFor the average opponent we’ll use a name that typifies the average online poker player…Carl.Action: This is a $2/$4 no limit 6 handed table.Thoughts put into table selection:Checky: Okay, I am fresh, I have a good bankroll of 30 buy ins so I can easily handle this level. I quickly check the stats of the players and see I have notes on 1 of them, and the sharkscopes I will print out and tape to the screen next to their seats so I can keep a good read on them.Carl: Ohh here’s a seat.Action: First handChecky: (dealt KdJd) BB I hope they limp so I can see a flop, cause I don’t think I can call any standard raise with a hand in the third tier.Carl: (dealt 9s5s) cutoff Cool sooted.Action: UTG raises to $16, 2 folds, Carl calls, 2 folds, Checky foldsFlop: Ad 6s 5hUTG bets $45Carl: I got a pair..I call. Oopps hit raise button, oh well min raise it then.Checky: Well I bet the UTG had a pocket pair, and the cut off hit his ace, but wants to see where he’s at, probably has AJ or A10.Action: UTG folds, types in ‘KK is an ace magnet’Checky: Good foldCarl: I won? CoolAction: Next handChecky: (dealt JdJs) sb Cool, I will repop any raiser to isolate, but will probably fold to a serious reraise before me.Carl: (dealt Qd2s) Cool, Face card.Action; 3 folds, Carl calls, button raises to $18, Checky raises to $40, Carl calls, button calls. 3 playersAction; Flop Qc, Qh, 2h.Checky: Okay the odds say I have the best hand here, but I am out of position, so I need to represent here so I bet $125.Carl: WOWOWOWOW 3 QUEENS, I raise all in.Button foldsChecky: Why would he go all in here? If he had a queen wouldn’t he want to let me bluff again? He went all in really fast too, maybe he is bluffing. Most of the time a quick action is a bluff. I think he has a pair of 9s or lower….I call.Checky: DANG it, Q2 off?Carl: WhoohooChecky: types in ‘Q2 what kind of idiot are you’Carl: types in ‘sorry dude, I like Queens’Checky exits and kicks cat.Carl plays black jack online because there are less people yelling at him, where he wins another $4,000 and uses this money to buy a new 62” Plasma which he drops when he tries to lean it against the wall on top of his old TV instead of putting in a support bracket.Save yourself the time and just have fun, cause the time you spend studying could be spent doing something that will help your game a lot; like get a job.

Checky: DANG it, Q2 off?Carl: WhoohooChecky: types in ‘Q2 what kind of idiot are you’Carl: types in ‘sorry dude, I like Queens’Checky exits and kicks cat.
:D:club::ts
So you are all read up on “How to beat anyone online” and “So and So’s crush online poker” etc. You scan the strategy section of FCP, 2+2, P5s, even NWP. You are spending hours preparing your mind for battle.It’s all a waste.Here is the average online poker encounter from BOTH perspectives:
Hey Jackass...Move this to the strat forum where it belongs.

Disclaimer:I should have pointed out that Play Poker Like the Pros of course is not in the same class as all other books and reading it is a must.If you want anyone to respect your raises at all that is.

loooool.for the record, i have never said "dang it" or kicked a cat. nor have i folded KJdd to a single raise in position in NL (edit, whoops, i'm out of position, good read, BG). i would also not reraise JJ oop in that spot, unless the button has a very wide stealing range. in that case, i'd raise more, probably.other than that, fairly spot on. :club:

loooool.for the record, i have never said "dang it" or kicked a cat. nor have i folded KJdd to a single raise in position in NL. other than that, fairly spot on. :club:
Me doth protest too much. Who said it was about YOU in the first place?
if rob was less christian, he'd be super gay for me. true story. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
FYP
loooool.for the record, i have never said "dang it" or kicked a cat. nor have i folded KJdd to a single raise in position in NL (edit, whoops, i'm out of position, good read, BG). i would also not reraise JJ oop in that spot, unless the button has a very wide stealing range. in that case, i'd raise more, probably.other than that, fairly spot on. :club:
This is a little egotistical of you to assume this story is about you. Check(y) is a pretty common poker term, and if was pretty obvious that this was a story and not based on actual events.
This is a little egotistical of you to assume this story is about you. Check(y) is a pretty common poker term, and if was pretty obvious that this was a story and not based on actual events.
i'm egotistical. i'm also beautiful. wanna fight about it? :club:

Like you know! You see this freakin' awesome pool I got here? You see that ride I got there, out by the street? 2 Wycked doesn't draw the ladies by itself, but it helps. A lot. I didn't get these things by folding freakin' pairs here. I got them by playing queens like that freakin' Checky!I should start a thread called "Reason's why you can skip reading sex books" and just fill it full of pictures of me with my awesome ladies. Yeah, I'm going to do it. I got a mess of Cheri's and Club's here to cut out the pictures of the girls...DID THAT FREAKIN' CUP STEAL MY SCISSORS AGAIN?????

Like you know! You see this freakin' awesome pool I got here? You see that ride I got there, out by the street? 2 Wycked doesn't draw the ladies by itself, but it helps. A lot. I didn't get these things by folding freakin' pairs here. I got them by playing queens like that freakin' Checky!I should start a thread called "Reason's why you can skip reading sex books" and just fill it full of pictures of me with my awesome ladies. Yeah, I'm going to do it. I got a mess of Cheri's and Club's here to cut out the pictures of the girls...DID THAT FREAKIN' CUP STEAL MY SCISSORS AGAIN?????
OMG THATS AWESOME!!!