Gonna actually attempt to get a seat this year. Played step 1 and took it down...horrible players.If I get a seat it will be with a BR of about $150. I know, I know, BR management but I gotta take a shot sometime and I am tired of micro-grinding.Garnes

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would have a go at this and won a STEP 1. Decided to play a few more Step 1's, but when I went back to the Lobby there were no WSOP cash step touraments open to register in?There seems to be only a step 3 and step 4 FPP tournies open for registration.Anyone know why this might be, am I just being stupid?

Step 4 going smoothRaise UTG+1 with AQ, flop 984 2 hearts. I lead for 210 he shoves 650 I make the hero call and he shows A5hh and I hold(somehow)Next hand I'm UTG make it 120 with KK, button shoves 800, I call he shows KQdd I win.Then just now I raise to 150 with AT, shortstack and CL(in BB) call. Flop AAT, all check. Turn is a T CL bets 150 I flat call. River 8, CL bets 500 I make it 1250 he mucks

Step 4 going smoothRaise UTG+1 with AQ, flop 984 2 hearts. I lead for 210 he shoves 650 I make the hero call and he shows A5hh and I hold(somehow)Next hand I'm UTG make it 120 with KK, button shoves 800, I call he shows KQdd I win.Then just now I raise to 150 with AT, shortstack and CL(in BB) call. Flop AAT, all check. Turn is a T CL bets 150 I flat call. River 8, CL bets 500 I make it 1250 he mucks
Update your sig imo

Had KsJx 4 handed, called raise from UTG. Flop came JT2 all spades. I CRAI he calls showing AJ(no spade) Turn Q river A. 1/3 currently

Limped in SB for the extar 150, BB checks. I have 76oFlop comes 3d5h7d I bet 600 he calls. Turn is 8h. I check he quickly fires 1500 which is half his remaing stack. I think for a while and put him allin leaving my self 2200 he instacals showing Kh6h, and I fade the river when its the 8s.Hero calls, FTMFW. Hello Step 5

Limped in SB for the extar 150, BB checks. I have 76oFlop comes 3d5h7d I bet 600 he calls. Turn is 8h. I check he quickly fires 1500 which is half his remaing stack. I think for a while and put him allin leaving my self 2200 he instacals showing Kh6h, and I fade the river when its the 8s.Hero calls, FTMFW. Hello Step 5
gl take the next one down
Way off in what sense? Pokerdb tracks only your MTTs. Does not track STTs or cash games. I guess you can use sharkscope but most of the players in the higher step levels are regular MTT players.
Off by at least $11,000 from a WSOP satellite I won a while back that wasn't included. But that might be all. I didn't actually read the FAQ or anything. I know that the MTT SnG number was wrong unless it only includes 180's or something. I played a lot of 18 and 45 man SnG's a while back and if they are supposed to be included, it's wrong.
I got a step 5 ticket and am waiting to use it. Care to join the same step 5 and do a $5 or $10 Last Longer?
I got a step 5 ticket and am waiting to use it. Care to join the same step 5 and do a $5 or $10 Last Longer?
Lol @ a $10 LL in a STT let alone a $700 sng.

I have decided to use the 20000 FPPs in my pokerstars account for the purpose of the WSOP.I will play 40 step 1s...Win or lose...Then play how ever many Step 2s I get and so on and so on...Goal is to have 3 Step 6sGood luck to me

lol, I raise to 300 with QQ, donk re-raises to 1100, I shove for 1800 he calls with 98cc flop comes K98
It was because of the hand before that when u had 45ss and flushed him and he seemed determined to outplay you with 89 and ended up committing and sucking out. UL, win step 5 plz.
It was because of the hand before that when u had 45ss and flushed him and he seemed determined to outplay you with 89 and ended up committing and sucking out. UL, win step 5 plz.
oh i know, I was 90% sure he was just making a play.

Wow... awesome that you're just basically playing for 12500 first prize and no commitment to play the seat.Definitely going to play a ton of these!

Sigh. What did you have that big hand early on?
low pair but it was basically a steal.Im not 96% convinced he had QJ, or rivered a set.

assuming you are a winning player at all steps with a ROR towards the low end of what a winning players would be. on average, how many step 1s would you have to enter to win a seat?

lol I run good...*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to jjgoldy5 [Qc Qd]Schabert said, "had aq 3x ina row"jjgoldy5: raises 60 to 90ColoradoMav: folds igra4: folds Rio-Pancho: folds Schabert: calls 90mikbun56: raises 60 to 150andrew Song: folds thedrizzle55: raises 60 to 210jjgoldy5: raises 1010 to 1220 and is all-inSchabert: folds mikbun56: raises 635 to 1855 and is all-inthedrizzle55: calls 425 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [Ah Ts 8s]*** TURN *** [Ah Ts 8s] [Js]jjgoldy5 said, "hahaha"*** RIVER *** [Ah Ts 8s Js] [2s]*** SHOW DOWN ***jjgoldy5: shows [Qc Qd] (a pair of Queens)mikbun56: shows [8c Ac] (two pair, Aces and Eights)mikbun56 collected 1170 from side potthedrizzle55: shows [2c 7h] (a pair of Deuces)

UPDATE:Have played 6 500 FPP Step 1sI won 3 Step 2s 2 Step 1sand had one airball...34 more to go....Then I will play all the remaining Step 1s till I run out..Then up to the Step 2sGood luck to me