Step One: FishyPokerStars Game #15704518938: Tournament #79489389, 500FPP Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2008/03/03 - 03:26:46 (ET)Table '79489389 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 3: Wsox08 (2210 in chips) Seat 6: MarcVW (5550 in chips) Seat 7: marsou421 (5740 in chips) Wsox08: posts small blind 100MarcVW: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Wsox08 [6d 6s]marsou421: raises 200 to 400Wsox08: raises 1810 to 2210 and is all-inMarcVW: folds marsou421: calls 1810*** FLOP *** [Tc Kh 2d]*** TURN *** [Tc Kh 2d] [3c]*** RIVER *** [Tc Kh 2d 3c] [2h]*** SHOW DOWN ***Wsox08: shows [6d 6s] (two pair, Sixes and Deuces)marsou421: shows [9c Kc] (two pair, Kings and Deuces)marsou421 collected 4620 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4620 | Rake 0 Board [Tc Kh 2d 3c 2h]Seat 3: Wsox08 (small blind) showed [6d 6s] and lost with two pair, Sixes and DeucesSeat 6: MarcVW (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: marsou421 (button) showed [9c Kc] and won (4620) with two pair, Kings and Deuces

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do we get $W or just tickets to the next step?I should just do 10-15 step ones, and see how many I get to step 2, then do all the step 2's...then etc until step 6.
thats a smart idea, and is exactly what i plan on doing as well. i to step 5 in 4 straigh sngs for the EPT, but obv donked out in the 700$ sng
Sorry I must have the wrong thread, I am playing the largeer mtt's.
Wrong thread? This thread is primarily for steps but I see no problem to discuss other WSOP sats. My guess would be they are huge and first, weak during the middle portions, and a little stronger near the end.Btw, did you play some steps tonight??? The picture in the ID in you avatar looks like a avatar from someone I played in one earlier.Btw, status update. Played 4 step 1s, got a 4th and a win, played the step 2 and got 3rd for another step 2 ticket. Ill try again later.
do we get $W or just tickets to the next step?I should just do 10-15 step ones, and see how many I get to step 2, then do all the step 2's...then etc until step 6.
I <3 this idea, cause i think Step 1 is the toughest simply cause you need to get top 3 to receive a ticket to ANY step. While in steps 2-5, 5th or higher(and in 1 case 6th i believe) gets you a ticket to another Step.I shall do this next time. 15 Step 1s is about $112.50, which isnnt too bad to turn into a WSOP seat or 12.5k, and even if you get to step 6 and dont win, if you finish 6th or better you get $500 or more
Wrong thread? This thread is primarily for steps but I see no problem to discuss other WSOP sats. My guess would be they are huge and first, weak during the middle portions, and a little stronger near the end.Btw, did you play some steps tonight??? The picture in the ID in you avatar looks like a avatar from someone I played in one earlier.Btw, status update. Played 4 step 1s, got a 4th and a win, played the step 2 and got 3rd for another step 2 ticket. Ill try again later.
I didnt play any of the steps today. I am going to look into them though. I did win a seat to sundays 650 direct entry satellite in a 3 dollar rebuy tourney tonight though (obv brag) . Not sure if I want to play that or not yet. I had good luck tonight though. Played a 4 dollar rebuy and won a seat worth $80w and then the 3$R for the 650. 2 satellites, 2 seats. Hope the run continues lol. "knock on wood"

played 2 steps 2 and im in my 3rdfinished 3rd in the first 2(argh) and won my ticket back. Currently 4 left in my 3rd so i'll at least get the step 2 tick back again3rd again, ****. SB limps, i shove 1500 with KT he calls the extra 1300 with 64 and rivers a str8.....one more try before work

God i hate these4 Step 3s tonight3rd3rd3rd9th after UTG limps, I check BB with K8. Flop is K84, I check he bets 150, i raise to 450, he min-raises to 750, i shove he calls with AK. And obv rivers his 3 outer

God i hate these4 Step 3s tonight3rd3rd3rd9th after UTG limps, I check BB with K8. Flop is K84, I check he bets 150, i raise to 450, he min-raises to 750, i shove he calls with AK. And obv rivers his 3 outer
That is rough man. I have to look into this step program. I dont know if it is for me. My SnG game is dooky for some reason.

Just so I'm clear, you can't unregister for a step and take the $W? In other words, once you're in the steps you have to keep going until you get to the end or bust out?Does the ticket restrict you to playing the next step at a certain time, or can you hold on to it and play whenever you get the chance?

Just so I'm clear, you can't unregister for a step and take the $W? In other words, once you're in the steps you have to keep going until you get to the end or bust out?Does the ticket restrict you to playing the next step at a certain time, or can you hold on to it and play whenever you get the chance?
yes, when you reg for any step there is a disclaimer stating that you must use any tickets to stay in the WSOP step system. YOu cant transfer them or use them for another step set up. Start the registration for a step to read the disclaimer. You dont have to play until you give them them $$ in the next step of the registration.here is the Stars WSOP step page (if it hasn't been posted already): http://www.pokerstars.com/wsop/qualify/steps/
I <3 this idea, cause i think Step 1 is the toughest simply cause you need to get top 3 to receive a ticket to ANY step. While in steps 2-5, 5th or higher(and in 1 case 6th i believe) gets you a ticket to another Step.I shall do this next time. 15 Step 1s is about $112.50, which isnnt too bad to turn into a WSOP seat or 12.5k, and even if you get to step 6 and dont win, if you finish 6th or better you get $500 or more
so i tried to reg for a tourney with $$ after I won a ticket. It would not let me reg w/ the cash. It only gave me the option for the ticket.
On Step3 #5.Went 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th.Sigh.

better night so far.played 4 step 1s, only won 1 step 2.then played that step 2 and 3 other step 1s, won the step 3 ticket and 3 more step 2s

Just took down a step 2 on my 2nd try. Time for the Step 3. Hope the level of comp is the same throughout!!!!

Step 2, at least i got the step 2 ticket back, but still, how does he call thisTable '79575939 1' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 3: NE1ButBush04 (1740 in chips) Seat 5: KevinJA8FCP (3860 in chips) Seat 6: lawprof (2605 in chips) Seat 9: buggy (5295 in chips) KevinJA8FCP: posts small blind 50lawprof: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to KevinJA8FCP [Kd Kc]buggy: raises 300 to 400NE1ButBush04: folds KevinJA8FCP: raises 3460 to 3860 and is all-inlawprof: folds buggy: calls 3460*** FLOP *** [4d Jh Qs]*** TURN *** [4d Jh Qs] [3c]*** RIVER *** [4d Jh Qs 3c] [Js]*** SHOW DOWN ***KevinJA8FCP: shows [Kd Kc] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)buggy: shows [Jc Ad] (three of a kind, Jacks)

cant' beat step 23 handed: guy pushes from button and I can't win A4 vs. 96 or AQ vs. A5.. ughhhhhhhh, I've still got 2 tickets to step 2.

played the 3 step 2s i hadwon one for each(step 1, 2 and 3)have 2 for step 3, 1 for step 2 and 1. Will play the step 1 and 2s now
got a step 1 ticket in each of those

crappy internet has screwed me over in this step two.. I hate coming back to see that I'm folding kings with a stack of 1000 at 100/200 blinds.