Think twice about that DNA, although the tax benefits are great. I bought my house for 430K 4 years ago, 18 months ago, one similar sold for 620K, 2 weeks ago one sold for 350k. I have 4 years of equity, I bought waaaaayyyy before the peak of the market, and got a good price at the time, and I am still upside down.
brag postweee, such toppage!jessica_biel_02.jpg
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys take your TOP's very seriously.

welcome to half the weekends of the last 4 years of my lifeyou didn't go to college, did you??
pssshaww!I spent two semesters in this building on the very top floor, 2nd window from the left. then had an efficiency apartment for another semester. Then I dropped out when I started my own business. But for a year and a half I lived the life.edit, guess it helps when you actually have the building you are talking about pictured0149.jpg
pssshaww!I spent two semesters in this building on the very top floor, 2nd window from the left. then had an efficiency apartment for another semester. Then I dropped out when I started my own business. But for a year and a half I lived the life.edit, guess it helps when you actually have the building you are talking about pictured0149.jpg
awwww, i feel like i know you so much better know that i know which window was yours!
Someone needs to sum up who everyone is in this thread. I recognize most peoples screen names, but we need to do a summary of everyone.I'll start:Name: AlanAge: 30Location: NashVegas, TNMarried: Yup, 9 years, she's way out of my leagueKids: Yup, will be 9 (boy) and 15 (girl) this yearMaybe someone else can come up with some interesting Q&A's for everyone, but thats the basics.
Yeah, since you made all the cool kids do it.Name: CoreyAge: 23Location: Harrisburg, ILMarried: NoKids: No
Razz has a way of taking an inch or three out of people.
Oh lord, then I don't want to go around my Asian friends now.
This is why I haven't done the surgery thing yet, I can't get my head around *never* eating more than one slice of pizza again (amongst other foods I like to eat a lot of).
QFTPlus I have good metabolism, so it's unnecessary.
Holy shitchrist this place caught on quickly eh?I caught up like 12 pages and then lost interest.Ok fine.. 2 and a half
You are a shell of your professional superthreading days, Jeff.I hang my head in shame
If I remember correctly, he's publicly disowned and apologized for that movie.
God I hope so.
always. avi pwns, he's so much better than mpeg!
QFTAnd I see what you did there.
Hagnuk announced he's gay.BigD is on suicide watch.Lolli showed her boobs.You should really catch up.
Man, I really need to catch up.
Really? All of the houses around here are gone by the end of October. We signed our lease in the beginning of October.
This house has been ours since November. It's owned by my friend's dad's real estate company, it was just a matter of when we signed the lease. It was always ours.
I think you are definitely the exception, Nashville has had a solid 7% average appreciation ever since I have owned my home.I dont have near the value of home as you, but I bought mine 7 years ago for 96K and it got appraised this past November at $135K. Basically an additional $6K equity extra every single year not counting paying down the existing mortgage and all the tax benefits.Regardless, the point is irrelevant for a college person anyways cause I agree that renting is better for shorterm stays like that.I know the market is really bad right now too, more so in certain areas than others. In Nashville the prices are not really dropping, but the time on the market has increased by over 50%.
I am using an extreme example for what is going on right now. But on average across the united states, home values are down 50% from July of 2005. It wont stay there.I could not build my house for what it would sell for. My lost is worth 200K +/- because I have a dock, and its between 100 and 200 sqft to build a home in ca. I'll slit the difference and say 150. 1700sqft X 150 = 255K + the 200K for the lot means my house minimum to build would be 450k right now. But I could maybe get 400K for it since I have remodeled and mine is probably the nicest in my neighborhood now.
Been measuring with a scale instead of a ruler again?
damnit, i just realized i'm probably the only engineer who reads this...
This house has been ours since November. It's owned by my friend's dad's real estate company, it was just a matter of when we signed the lease. It was always ours.
spokane is a shit hole, i walked to this apartment building in April and asked for a place and they said they had tons of room. of course i have 7.5 foot ceilings, the wiring on my fridge and oven are quite illegal, there's a hole in the closet with the water heater in it that goes straight to a matching hole in the apartment below me and my carpet hasn't been replaced since the 70's. but hey, it's $400/month for a 2 bedroom apt, i'm not complaining
I am using an extreme example for what is going on right now. But on average across the united states, home values are down 50% from July of 2005. It wont stay there.I could not build my house for what it would sell for. My lost is worth 200K +/- because I have a dock, and its between 100 and 200 sqft to build a home in ca. I'll slit the difference and say 150. 1700sqft X 150 = 255K + the 200K for the lot means my house minimum to build would be 450k right now. But I could maybe get 400K for it since I have remodeled and mine is probably the nicest in my neighborhood now.
brag post
damnit, i just realized i'm probably the only engineer who reads this...spokane is a shit hole, i walked to this apartment building in April and asked for a place and they said they had tons of room. of course i have 7.5 foot ceilings, the wiring on my fridge and oven are quite illegal, there's a hole in the closet with the water heater in it that goes straight to a matching hole in the apartment below me and my carpet hasn't been replaced since the 70's. but hey, it's $400/month for a 2 bedroom apt, i'm not complaining
I pay $850 a month for a 1 bedroom closet with barely a kitchen