Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($30.25)BB ($23.20)UTG ($33.80)MP ($27.30)CO ($25.75)Button ($28.95)Preflop: Hero is SB with K :club: , Q :D . 3 folds, Button raises to $1, Hero calls $1, BB calls.Flop: ($3.00) J :D , 7 :D , Q :)(3 players)Hero bets $2.25, BB folds, Button raises to $6, Hero calls. Turn: ($15.00) T :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $7, Hero raises to $23.25 (all in).I'm not sure why I lead out on flop.Villain is 10.53/8.77/2.50 over 114 hands overall, but is looser on the button (20/15).

Nice hand. I think I'm fine with the way it was played on every street. I might reraise PF with KQs short-handed to get a better idea of villain's range. I think check-calling the turn after villain bets 1/2 the pot would just be too weak. You have top pair with a royal flush draw. I like the check-raise all-in.

Meh. I think if he's really nitty, that you can just call the turn and fold the river pretty safely unless you improve your hand. I doubt that your hand is best now and I doubt you're ever making him fold a better hand, so CRAI on the turn seems kind of silly.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($30.25)BB ($23.20)UTG ($33.80)MP ($27.30)CO ($25.75)Button ($28.95)Preflop: Hero is SB with K :club: , Q :D . 3 folds, Button raises to $1, Hero calls $1, BB calls.Flop: ($3.00) J :D , 7 :D , Q :)(3 players)Hero bets $2.25, BB folds, Button raises to $6, Hero calls. Turn: ($15.00) T :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $7, Hero raises to $23.25 (all in).I'm not sure why I lead out on flop.Villain is 10.53/8.77/2.50 over 114 hands overall, but is looser on the button (20/15).
wow that is a nit, I think I check call the turn.

I probably 3-bet preflop, but calling is fine (just don't make a habit of it).I probably check/call the flop. I don't really like donkbetting here.I don't really know whether you are bluffing or value betting the turn. I think you should c/c and see what happens on the river. I don't think you often have the best hand when he bets $7.

Oh, he's a nit? I don't know what 10.53/8.77/2.50 over 114 hands means.
plays 10% hands raises 8% of those, plays pretty aggressively....The bet on the turn is a bluff, he is going to call with all hands better and fold anything you beat.
plays 10% hands raises 8% of those, plays pretty aggressively....The bet on the turn is a bluff, he is going to call with all hands better and fold anything you beat.
Ah thanks for the reply. I've always wanted to ask but i was too scurred.After the discussion, I agree that calling the 1/2 pot bet on the turn is fine. It looks like villain has AA, KK, or AQ.
They would be pretty nitty at full ring.At 6max he's a supernit.
Yeah, a standard player who's playing pretty TAG should run at like 16/14 or somewhere in there at full ring and closer to 20/18 in 6 max. The guy descrubed is a supernit, as Simo points out.
Yeah, a standard player who's playing pretty TAG should run at like 16/14 or somewhere in there at full ring and closer to 20/18 in 6 max. The guy descrubed is a supernit, as Simo points out.
i think 22/17 is standard tag in 6 max FWIW
Eh, I'm trying to gage it off of what I do. I played pretty LAG IMO and I was running at like 24.5/19 or something like that. I wouldn't consider 22/17 a whole lot tighter than myself. I mean, it doesn't really matter anyway, it's a matter of opinion and the main point has been made in the thread.
I don't think 22 VPIP is in any way tight.18/15 is TAG at 6max imo, and anything 22/17 and above is somewhat LAG.A true LAG for me is 24/20+.We need an acronym for between TAG and LAG. What if you're aggressive, but not tight nor loose. Where's the middle ground?
I don't think 22 VPIP is in any way tight.18/15 is TAG at 6max imo, and anything 22/17 and above is somewhat LAG.A true LAG for me is 24/20+.We need an acronym for between TAG and LAG. What if you're aggressive, but not tight nor loose. Where's the middle ground?
TAG is the middle ground. It's the middle ground between LAG and Nit. We'll assume they're all aggressive, so TAGs have the middling stats.
TAG is the middle ground. It's the middle ground between LAG and Nit. We'll assume they're all aggressive, so TAGs have the middling stats.
TAG = Tight Aggressive.I just like to be precise. Just because someone isn't a nit and isn't loose doesn't mean they are tight.This is me being an acronym nit, but w/e.(Actually, I prefer using TAA/TAP/LAA/LAP because it gives a lot more info using 3 letters)
SAG
I mean, it doesn't really matter anyway, it's a matter of opinion and the main point has been made in the thread.
I have a tendency to hijack on tangents once I feel a question has been answered.
Nice hand. I think I'm fine with the way it was played on every street. I might reraise PF with KQs short-handed to get a better idea of villain's range.
This thinking is flawed. If you reraise preflop, and he calls... what new information do you have? If answer here is that he's only going to call our 3-bet with a strong hand, so we know we're beat, then your 3-bet was a spew, not to mention when he 4-bets us with a better hand and we're forced to fold.
This thinking is flawed. If you reraise preflop, and he calls... what new information do you have? If answer here is that he's only going to call our 3-bet with a strong hand, so we know we're beat, then your 3-bet was a spew, not to mention when he 4-bets us with a better hand and we're forced to fold.
That's true, good point. This was before I realized the player was nitty - I didn't know what the stats meant. Also: I didn't read the title. My thinking was that because he raised on the button, he could be stealing with a wide range, so by reraising I could just take control of the pot and maybe win it right there. But you're right, calling is 100x better.