Fire Carl Peterson: A Kc Chiefs Thread

Fans are panicking because they are spoiled.
Seriously? Spoiled? I think not. one playoff win in 15 years is not spoiled. I am not panicing, either. Carl Peterson is worthless. His drafts from 02' to 06' are whats killing this team. That is not a recent thing. And because those drafts were so horrendous, the Chiefs are in a 12 game slide that could realistically reach 25. And how are we supposed to trust that they will turn it around? If you cant draft from 02' to 06', why can youi draft in 07' and 08'? I have no reason to believe any of these players are any good. I have seen nothing. Peterson must go. The scouting and player development department must go. Herm must go. Gunther must go. Chan Gailey must go. They all must go. We fans are not spoiled, we have been abused by an ownership group that has no balls. Dont tell me not to complain, 20 years of inept management have earned me that right. They were good for two reasons. MartyBall and Trent Green. Take those two away and the Cheifs are the worst run team in the NFL. I will complain until they actually make a change. I will comlain until this team wins games. I will complain until they give me a reason not to.
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FIRE CARL PETERSON!

That has to at least be in the conversation for funniest scene ever, right? I rember laughin so hard at that entire sequence from the moment the dogs hair covers the picture to when he drives away mu

Seriously? Spoiled? I think not. one playoff win in 15 years is not spoiled. I am not panicing, either. Carl Peterson is worthless. His drafts from 02' to 06' are whats killing this team. That is not a recent thing. And because those drafts were so horrendous, the Chiefs are in a 12 game slide that could realistically reach 25. And how are we supposed to trust that they will turn it around? If you cant draft from 02' to 06', why can youi draft in 07' and 08'? I have no reason to believe any of these players are any good. I have seen nothing. Peterson must go. The scouting and player development department must go. Herm must go. Gunther must go. Chan Gailey must go. They all must go. We fans are not spoiled, we have been abused by an ownership group that has no balls. Dont tell me not to complain, 20 years of inept management have earned me that right. They were good for two reasons. MartyBall and Trent Green. Take those two away and the Cheifs are the worst run team in the NFL. I will complain until they actually make a change. I will comlain until this team wins games. I will complain until they give me a reason not to.
Lamar Hunt...no balls? I think you are wrong. 2002-2006 drafts sucked because the coach could not care less about them. The players they drafted then were merely back ups to the "proven" vets that they signed. Vermeil had no time for young players, he knew he had no time to waste, and slapped together teams that were competitive, but had no chance at winning a super bowl.Maybe spoiled was a strong word, but yes being competitive every single year with a chance at the playoffs every year for the better part of 2 decades gets fans accustomed to high expectations. Now that the "rebuilding" is taking place, which is what has to happen to build a championship caliber team IMO, fans can't take the lows that come along with the that process.The Chiefs had 20 years of small ups and small downs. Now they are having a big down before a big up. That is my hope.
Lamar Hunt...no balls? I think you are wrong. 2002-2006 drafts sucked because the coach could not care less about them. The players they drafted then were merely back ups to the "proven" vets that they signed. Vermeil had no time for young players, he knew he had no time to waste, and slapped together teams that were competitive, but had no chance at winning a super bowl.Maybe spoiled was a strong word, but yes being competitive every single year with a chance at the playoffs every year for the better part of 2 decades gets fans accustomed to high expectations. Now that the "rebuilding" is taking place, which is what has to happen to build a championship caliber team IMO, fans can't take the lows that come along with the that process.The Chiefs had 20 years of small ups and small downs. Now they are having a big down before a big up. That is my hope.
You made my point for me. They went against standard procedure, which is to build by the draft in an attempt to win then, and didnt. To me that is a complete failure. And if they were stupid enough to try that, how are we supposed to trust them with the rebuilding. I want some people who arent total incompetents in there. I hope they win soon, but with no line and no quarterback, no linebackers and serviceable players at best everywhere else, wheres the hope? It should be in our faith that the front office will draft some good players, but they havent proven they can do that. So they need to be fired, bring in someone you think can. If they fail over a period time, fire them, and try again. None of this 20 year, I'll let you do whatever you want bullshit.

Maybe Im overreacting and being too dramatic. But I cannot stand Carl Peterson, and I cannot stand the team they have put on the field these past two years. Whoevers fault that is, I want them gone. I want changes and I want them now.

I don't think we have a large enough sample to judge whether Herm is succeeding or failing at finding talent. Pretty sure he's the one controlling that the last 2 years.
the fact that they needed to see Thigpen in a game to know if he had "it" or not is a GIANT mark against them.

Well I didn't think they'd win, but I really thought it would be closer than everyone was saying. 10point dogs at home is enough to fire up most teams. That, and the Broncos defense is not so good.

Hearing the broncos had an off day and didn't play like they played against the other teams is getting oldGive the Chiefs credit they played Very well, and beat an undefeated football team, gave them a spanking actuallyAnd from stated earlier about thigpen. It seemed like before Huard got hurt Herm was planning on playing Thigpen ALOT He took over 50% of the snaps in practice before that game. When Croyle is hurt and you have a decision to make on who is going to give you the best chance to when football games its kinda a no brainer, (Huard)

Hearing the broncos had an off day and didn't play like they played against the other teams is getting oldGive the Chiefs credit they played Very well, and beat an undefeated football team, gave them a spanking actuallyAnd from stated earlier about thigpen. It seemed like before Huard got hurt Herm was planning on playing Thigpen ALOT He took over 50% of the snaps in practice before that game. When Croyle is hurt and you have a decision to make on who is going to give you the best chance to when football games its kinda a no brainer, (Huard)

I still think this team might look a lot better in the 2nd half. I might be wrong on the win total (what did I say, 6 or 7 wins.....yeah, that's probably gonna be wrong, especially is Croyle can't stay on the field..leaving the QB spot in limbo every week), but I think that young talent can get a lot better really quick in this league. I don't think we'll be such a joke in the 2nd half of the season.

I still think this team might look a lot better in the 2nd half. I might be wrong on the win total (what did I say, 6 or 7 wins.....yeah, that's probably gonna be wrong, especially is Croyle can't stay on the field..leaving the QB spot in limbo every week), but I think that young talent can get a lot better really quick in this league. I don't think we'll be such a joke in the 2nd half of the season.
I guess since its not the second half of the season yet, todays performance doesnt count.Im just glad we're back to Herm Edwards/Carl Peterson football. NO offense, no defense, no quarterback, no blocking, no hope.we're still in the running for the number 1 pick next april!

Also Carl is a cheap ass. I work security in Leawood Kansas, and there's a couple of nice restaurants where I work.The other night I heard from the Valet guy that Larry Johnson, and Carl Peterson was at the steakhouseI was like really? Thats cool I guess, get a good tip?He was like, "From LJ yeah, and carl tipped me a dollar which is more than what he usually gives us."

The Chiefs need to lose the rest of there games this season so we can get a #1 draft pick for next season for the QB situationAnd I don't think thats going to be too hard of a task

The Chiefs need to lose the rest of there games this season so we can get a #1 draft pick for next season for the QB situationAnd I don't think thats going to be too hard of a task
they already blew the 0-16 season and 25 game losing streak. might as well beat the raiders and the broncos. 3-13 should still land us the QB we need.Who do you hope they take? I'd say its between Stafford, Tebow, and Bradford. Assuming any or all three leave school early.Stafford looks to be the best. But I like Timmy Heisman, a lot.