barry g. says daniel plays in the "2nd tier" .

This is from 2+2 written by Barry Greenstein:First off, Daniel doesn’t know me very well. We have played less than ten hours of poker together in our lives. I actually like Daniel because I would rather deal with someone who says what they are thinking than someone who is two-faced. I think he writes well and has been an asset to the game. He has some possible reasons for his comments:1. Doyle Brunson and Chip Reese are the only two icons of poker. Anyone who tries to include himself with them and what they have done the last thirty years deserves to be mocked.2. I play in the “first tier” game and Daniel has in the last couple of years moved up to the second tier. There is some disdain that players in my game share about players who haven’t proven themselves at the highest level.3. Daniel and I have different religious philosophies. Religious people often consider confident non-religious people arrogant. Daniel mistakenly thinks I mock the religions of others. I only criticized Daniel’s knowledge about scientific and historical events pertaining to religious writings. (I work with many good religious people in my charities, and a couple of them were hurt by his comments about me.)4. Daniel is a potential opponent and I don’t mind throwing subtle jabs his way out of gamesmanship.5. I made the mistake of getting involved in a thread regarding Daniel’s integrity. I think Daniel is an honest person. The case can be made that Daniel is too honest with his frank opinions about other players and telling insights regarding his own psychological issues.I don’t get worked up about things I read on the Internet. I have it better than anyone else in the poker world. Anytime something negative is said about me, ten people write to defend me. When I mentioned to Phil Ivey that Daniel had written that Phil made more money than I did the last few years, Phil gave me the correct answer: “Why do you care?” Insecure people get into prolonged discussions comparing wins in side games. There is no real way to verify results. If you really won the money, that should be good enough. Barry ***********************************************************************Then there is this:We often play the $4000-$8000 game during big tournaments. Although, Daniel has enough money to play in the game now, he focuses on tournaments, so he doesn't play. That is why he and I have only played in the big game together twice, and for a very short time.Most of Daniel's high-stakes play is at the next level down. That game ranges from 1000-2000 to 2000-4000, and they only play limit poker. They often play that game in Vegas even when there are no tournaments going on. If I lived in Vegas, I would probably play in the game, but I don't fly in from LA to play in it. It's smaller stakes than I prefer, and I like the no-limit games mixed in.Barry ME: I guess Daniel has to get out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves.....lol.Now let me ask you all this....is Barry Greenstein trying to make himself out to be a arrogant prick? Or is he just a ....well....an arrogant prick?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think hes trying to piss daniel off before their heads up matches, everyone knows that daniel plays at the hightest level and has for some timebarry just wants to get in his head and have daniel all amped up when they play

What's wrong with his comments?They are perhaps a little flagrant but nonetheless true.Daniel doesn't play in the big game enough or for long enough to say he is one of those players.

Anybody that looks down his nose to 1000/2000 and 2000/4000 limits....IMO.....has a mental illness.
...or they're playing 4000-8000...
exactly...you have the 3/6 people on this forum mocking .50/1.00 people, so there's not that much of a difference :club:

The only thing that I can't really see is that Barry says daniel is not an icon of poker...he says that Doyle and Chip Reese are the only icons of poker... but the thing is... and I'm not saying this just to suck-up to daniel... but with the recent poker explosion, and the fact that Daniel is REALLY business-oriented on all of it... he HAS become the newest icon of poker... He does so many freakin interviews, and magazine articles, and phot shoots etc etc etc that he has become this generations icon of poker.... no doubt at all... that's why the wynn wants him and not barry... because daniel has become a bigger icon of poker than chip reese, I'm sorry but it's true... daniel is the only poker player you'll in almost any article, on the flippin today show, on a ton of radio stations, on a ton of channels on the TV....

I must be having deja vu. I could've sworn I've seen this somewhere...Oh wait, I have. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!
what the censored are you talking about?
He's saying the above quotes have been posted before. And they have.

The best comment in what Barry wrote, is Phil Ivey's comment: "Why do you care?". I don't know why Barry thinks this defends his point, but Phil Ivey is obviously too wise for his age.

There is no real way to verify results. If you really won the money, that should be good enough. Barry So then why does this arrogant d0uchebag talk about being the biggest cash game winner every chance he gets? I know the guy is good and some people will defend him no matter what, but I still think he's an a$$hole plain and simple. Yeah he gives to charity. He also mentions it every chance he gets. If you make the kind of money these guys make and don't give to charity you should probably burn in hell imo, so this doesn't exactly make him a saint.

I must be having deja vu. I could've sworn I've seen this somewhere...Oh wait, I have. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!
Hmm, what am I talking about...?Oranges? No...Women? No...Idiots? No, but warmer....This topic has been posted! We have a search feature here! You can search for this topic using the search feature! What a concept! :wall:
Hmm, what am I talking about...?Oranges? No...Women? No...Idiots? No, but warmer....This topic has been posted! We have a search feature here! You can search for this topic using the search feature! What a concept! :wall:
So...let me get this straight.....people should search for a topic on here before they post on a topic?Let me ask you another question....how many people actually do that? and if you can name them...slap them across the back of the head for me.Does anybody else find these message board commandos funny? I think they are freakin hilarious.
There is no real way to verify results. If you really won the money, that should be good enough. Barry So then why does this guy talk about being the biggest cash game winner every chance he gets?
Ding, Ding, Ding... and we have a winner!!!Reading this thread I was about to post the same thing. oh yea, and Al Bundy RULES!!

uhm. I search for posts that have already been discussed so i dont' clutter the forum with things that have been said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I stumbled my way into the site this evening and could have lurked for a very long time before posting, but this is just too much. I started watching tournament poker on television about 18 months ago, and though I had never played much before then, I learned two things pretty quickly: poker is addictive, and Daniel is in a class by himself. Perhaps my tournament orientation skews my perception, and while it is impossible not to admire Barry, it is Daniel who is the consistent winner, mixes up his game better than anyone else, stays cool under pressure, and is unfailingly a gentleman. I have a fifteen year old son, a math wiz in a high school program that is harder to get into than MIT (in fact the curriculum is the MIT curriculum just four years sooner and done more rapidly). To my horror he wants to become a politician. I would prefer he become a professional poker player. The reasons, (other than the current conservative political climate, which, God willing, will pass) are obvious: the company of truly intelligent people, fair rules actually adherred to by everyone, and independence. Anyway, it is Daniel that I think of when I envision my son doing this, as I can see how a brillant mind can stay engaged, getting better every time the game is played, and demonstrating along the way what it means to be a decent human being. If all of these recent tournament wins weren't enough, the recent WPT win (not the last one one, but the one before that, I think-it's hard to keep up with them all) in which he came back after being so far down demonstrated breath-taking control and courage under fire; it was just brillantly done. If anyone thinks there is another player currently better than that, in my opinion they are just not paying attention. Anyway, thank you Daniel for the enjoyment of watching you. If you are at the table, I will be watching.

yes, he might be a little arrogant, and clearly anyone looking down at 2000-4000 players is in a bit of a different world than us. and maybe i am just brainwashed by TV, but lets not forget the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of dollars mr greenstein has given to charity.this alone i think means we should give mr greenstein an extra bit of regard and the benefit of the doubt.daniel

Anybody that looks down his nose to 1000/2000 and 2000/4000 limits....IMO.....has a mental illness.
Over the last six months I have three times more hours in $4000-$8000 than I do anything smaller.