143, but it doesn't matter. everyone knows that the iq test was made up to prove that white people are smarter than black people, right?
it's true. all intellegence tests are flawed in relation to race as they only target the Anglo-American culture. The closure one's culture is to the Anglo-American culture the more likely they are to score higher.
True in the past, but as of the last 10 years, no. Tests have become much more accountable for these sorts of discrepancies.
Still not THAT accountable. In 8th grade, one of the questions on my psychologist administered IQ test was- I shit you not- about who owns the single-season major-league homerun record. Scout's honor. Ice
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went to www.iamsmaterthanyou.com to take the test,it asked me to type in my name and when I did a pop up window said, *never mind yahaw your a genius*So I looked at other scores and here was the list.Genius: Yahaw,EinsteinBrilliant: DN, Smasharoo, Akishore,looshleAbove average: Justblaze, Kdawg,NikkiAverage:suited up,Marion sauceBelow ave, but think their smart: All-in bluff, absolute,BigDeeMcgeeJust plain dumb:JFarrel is that you?toogood.
You'd think that for someone who is a self proclaimed "fucking genius" they would have at least some knowledge of the english language

Most of your I.Q's arent that high. I took the professional tests and was then placed in the advanced/gifted program at my school. I will let you all guess at my I.Q. but its not as high as most of those posted. Mine also reported to me that i am smarter than 98 percent of the people my age. I had a friend take the emode IQ test and he got the same score as I did, yet he did not graduate high school. The internet tests are severely flawed. Also i was not only tested for my "I.Q" but tested for 3 different areas of an I.Q. Although I am no where near the worlds best poker player, or the worlds smartest man, I do know that a lot of those I.Q. numbers are incorrect.

color=red]but I can definetly say, its way above average[/color]get your head out of your ass if you do not understand why i wrote that then you are the ****ing tool You are the only 1000 plus poster that posts bullshit on many occasions you have an opinion on every thread and you always think you are above everyone else

i shouldn't have started this stupid friends it brings out the arrgoant posters on the forum whom proclaim they are way above average and are all in the 140plus which is way off 140 and above is the top 1 or 2 per cent of the world

Yes... This thread can't be taken seriously :club:. I've taken the MAT and no, my score was not the same as online, relatively close but not the same. There are probobly 100 different formulas to 100 different internet IQ tests and I wouldn't trust any of them.Even if someone did take the MAT we can't confirm what there results are so why bother posting? Either way... There was an earlier post about IQ and Poker... I didn't get a chance to read if there were many good responses.

color=red]but I can definetly say' date=' its way above average[/quote'][/color]get your head out of your ass if you do not understand why i wrote that then you are the censored tool You are the only 1000 plus poster that posts censored on many occasions you have an opinion on every thread and you always think you are above everyone else
honestly you are one of like three people on this site who seems to have a problem with me, so lets air it out buddy. I rag on you being from the land of the long white could once and all of a sudden I have an opinion that is above everybody else's, please. I'd like you to show me how I have an opinion above everybody else's. Part of my reason for messingfwith you about NZ is that I am an Aussie(or at least my father was, rest his soul). So you come up with saying that I am not as smart as I say I am by this? seriously. I scored over 1400 on my SAT's, which is a major college entrance exam here. I also was able to get in, out of state, into Rutgers University, which has been offered Ivy League status if they were to change to a private school. I also was accepted into UPENN, which is an Ivy league school. At Rutgers I was the only saxophonist from my year to be accepted to the Jazz program, which is one of the hardest in the nation to get into. What is your deal my man, I have only messed around with you once. You may see some of my flames, but they are either directed at JFarrell, or someone who deserves to be told that they are in fact an idiot. I have responded to you in a civil manner, but trust me, I am more than willing to bring the fire power if you want to get into a shit throwing match
i shouldn't have started this stupid friends it brings out the arrgoant posters on the forum whom proclaim they are way above average and are all in the 140plus which is way off 140 and above is the top 1 or 2 per cent of the world
no shit. What did you expect from this thread anyway.it's like posting a thread saying "what's your peis size" or "how much have you won in poker."don't post threads that you know are going to provoke flames.

I took one in HS and it was in the 110's and since I was in my latter years of college(take that as you may) I have gotten scores in the upper 120's to the 130's, whatever that means???

that is exactly it, You think you are smart and so great but yet you can't understand when i say get your head out your ass it means stop bragging about things like being smart that you cant prove anyway i dont even remeber you giving me shit about NZ so that wasn't the reason i posted the commenti dont want to get in an argument with you because i have alot better things to do dont even care that i really dislike you just say ok thats your opinion but don't challenge me like it needs to be faught overeverybody has their flaws and turns out your's is arrogance

no shit. What did you expect from this thread anyway.it's like posting a thread saying "what's your peis size" or "how much have you won in poker."don't post threads that you know are going to provoke flames.
i might take a leaf out of your book and start my own random post of the daymaybe not though im a little short on ideas but i look forward to your next one
that is exactly it, You think you are smart and so great but yet you can't understand when i say get your head out your ass it means stop bragging about things like being smart that you cant prove anyway i dont even remeber you giving me censored about NZ so that wasn't the reason i posted the commenti dont want to get in an argument with you because i have alot better things to do dont even care that i really dislike you just say ok thats your opinion but don't challenge me like it needs to be faught overeverybody has their flaws and turns out your's is arrogance
funny, then why did you try to send me an IM that I chose to ignore. Please give fact to back up your claims. I'd really like to see what proof you can dig up in my 3700 posts.. You were the one who challenged me by telling me to get my head out of my ass. Look, without going into detail, I am pretty sure that I have gone throiugh much more than you could even imagine. some of the posters on this site know what I'm talking about. I will not say why I think this as it is not an internet forum's buisness as to what really goes on in my life. In my nearly 25 years I have witnessed things that are much more real than you have more then likely experienced, and I say that in full confidence, not arrogance. Li,e I asked, what is your problem. I will try to remain civil, but you are now really testing my patience. You come in with unsubstantiated claims about how arrogant I am and how intelligent I am. I have not judged you like this, and will not judge you like this. Can I be an arrogant prick, you better believe it. Can I also admit when I'm wrong, you'd better belive it. You base some odd opinion of me on some random posts that I have made. Anyone on this site can be inter[preted as an ass if you want to base it off of a small sample. I will tell you my flaw, its being honest. That's right, its being honest, sometimes brutally honest. what is your flaw. I love how you have tried to dissect my life in just a few posts, can I now sit back in a chair and tell you my life story, is that okaywith you now Sigmund Freud, or should I call you Carl jung. Either way, before you post your response to this, think for a minute. You chose to pcik me out, why did you do this. You chose to IM me, why did you do this. You have also chosen to respond to me with another attack, why? To me there is something going on that I certainly don't know about, as I haven't repeatedly gone after you and yet you d3cide to pick me out of all of the people who have poosted in this thread. I just find it odd and want to know why you feel that this is so
that is exactly it, You think you are smart and so great but yet you can't understand when i say get your head out your ass it means stop bragging about things like being smart that you cant prove anyway i dont even remeber you giving me censored about NZ so that wasn't the reason i posted the commenti dont want to get in an argument with you because i have alot better things to do dont even care that i really dislike you just say ok thats your opinion but don't challenge me like it needs to be faught overeverybody has their flaws and turns out your's is arrogance
funny, then why did you try to send me an IM that I chose to ignore. Please give fact to back up your claims. I'd really like to see what proof you can dig up in my 3700 posts.. You were the one who challenged me by telling me to get my head out of my ass. Look, without going into detail, I am pretty sure that I have gone throiugh much more than you could even imagine. some of the posters on this site know what I'm talking about. I will not say why I think this as it is not an internet forum's buisness as to what really goes on in my life. In my nearly 25 years I have witnessed things that are much more real than you have more then likely experienced, and I say that in full confidence, not arrogance. Li,e I asked, what is your problem. I will try to remain civil, but you are now really testing my patience. You come in with unsubstantiated claims about how arrogant I am and how intelligent I am. I have not judged you like this, and will not judge you like this. Can I be an arrogant prick, you better believe it. Can I also admit when I'm wrong, you'd better belive it. You base some odd opinion of me on some random posts that I have made. Anyone on this site can be inter[preted as an ass if you want to base it off of a small sample. I will tell you my flaw, its being honest. That's right, its being honest, sometimes brutally honest. what is your flaw. I love how you have tried to dissect my life in just a few posts, can I now sit back in a chair and tell you my life story, is that okaywith you now Sigmund Freud, or should I call you Carl jung. Either way, before you post your response to this, think for a minute. You chose to pcik me out, why did you do this. You chose to IM me, why did you do this. You have also chosen to respond to me with another attack, why? To me there is something going on that I certainly don't know about, as I haven't repeatedly gone after you and yet you d3cide to pick me out of all of the people who have poosted in this thread. I just find it odd and want to know why you feel that this is so
he's 15. he's young and cocky, and hasn't had the time to work on his people skills.

nh ST, nh. Look I have chosen not to resort to flame attacking him, but to write out well thought replies. I'm not trying to brag, but I have experienced things in my short lifetime that would send most people to the loony bin. I would also never wish some of these experiences on my worst enemy. Patricnz, if you can't come up with fact or a real reason, then stop trying to argue with me. I am a political science major and agruing is what I do best. If you can write out a real reply then by all means please do, if not, then please don't. I will refrain from going on the out and out attack on you just because I don't feel like it. I'd rather try to talk to you like a human being

nh ST, nh. Look I have chosen not to resort to flame attacking him, but to write out well thought replies. I'm not trying to brag, but I have experienced things in my short lifetime that would send most people to the loony bin. I would also never wish some of these experiences on my worst enemy. Patricnz, if you can't come up with fact or a real reason, then stop trying to argue with me. I am a political science major and agruing is what I do best. If you can write out a real reply then by all means please do, if not, then please don't. I will refrain from going on the out and out attack on you just because I don't feel like it. I'd rather try to talk to you like a human being
your a ****in;g tool was your repsonse to me??
IQ test prove sh!t, Who wants to play me in Street Fighter II?
Come down to Boston and bet it, sir.Name your version and price.-Chief
SFII was the shit. the best 2D fighting game, IMO

he's 15. he's young and cocky, and hasn't had the time to work on his people skills.your comment is out out of spite your " people skills" are poor you flame me in numerous posts for no plausable reason

your a censored;g tool was your repsonse to me??
my first response, but after that I decided that I will not resort to going after you in that fashion. YOu have not given a response of actual substance, other than to say that I am not as smart as I might calim and that I am a total ass, which you still have yet to show. YOu on the other hand have continued to attack without basis or substance, and have not gven facts to back up these claims. yet again, you have chosen to take one thing and ignore other things that I have said, so be it. If that is how you choose to opperate, then well, whatever. Like I have said in my longer replies, if you want to talk like a person we can, if you wnt to talk like a jagoff, well I won't respond like that in this thread to you. All you have done is attack me, while I for the most part have tried my best to ask you what is the basis for what you are saying. But yet you choose not to address that and still focus on meanial shit.

I scored over 1400 on my SAT's, which is a major college entrance exam here.I also was able to get in, out of state, into Rutgers University, which has been offered Ivy League status if they were to change to a private school. I also was accepted into UPENN, which is an Ivy league school. At Rutgers I was the only saxophonist from my year to be accepted to the Jazz program, which is one of the hardest in the nation to get intoYou come in with unsubstantiated claims about how arrogant I am and how intelligent I amI have chosen not to resort to flame attacking himYou sir are a ****ing toolI'd like to know what your basis of this statement is. all quoted this is my basis for thinking you are up yourself i didnt ask you about all that crap, do not reply saying this is out of context because apparently you are an agrumental expert(according to you- big suprise their) and wouldn't proceed to make a statement like your a ****ing tool if you could be civil right......oh wait you did

I scored over 1400 on my SAT's, which is a major college entrance exam here.I also was able to get in, out of state, into Rutgers University, which has been offered Ivy League status if they were to change to a private school. I also was accepted into UPENN, which is an Ivy league school. At Rutgers I was the only saxophonist from my year to be accepted to the Jazz program, which is one of the hardest in the nation to get intoYou come in with unsubstantiated claims about how arrogant I am and how intelligent I amI have chosen not to resort to flame attacking himYou sir are a censored toolI'd like to know what your basis of this statement is. all quoted this is my basis for thinking you are up yourself i didnt ask you about all that crap, do not reply saying this is out of context because apparently you are an agrumental expert(according to you- big suprise their) and wouldn't proceed to make a statement like your a censored tool if you could be civil right......oh wait you did
ahhh, chopping up all of my replies is fun isn't it. I like how you're trying to call me out on how s,mart I am, and you don't know the difference between there and their. Address why you have chosen this line of thought you have? Nope you haven't. Instead you have decided to splice three different replies, only one of which was an attack( and this waas after you decided to go on the offensive first). You go about talking to me like this, yet you still haven't answered why you have decided to go after me. Is this just some random thing that you're having fun with, maybe. You go after me like I have murdered your family. You have also only picked out replies to this thread alone, you have not proven how I am the way you state that I am. I never said I was an argumental expert, I said this is something I do, and is something that I feel I am very good at. Is it what I do best, I think it is certainly up there. I can also speak with substance which you are miraculously avoiding like the plague. If you choose to hate me so much, then by all means go through life hating random people for no apparent reason, I can tell you though, you will not live a happy life living like that. While you did not ask for these facts that I have brought up about myself, your implications deemed them valid for me to back myself up. You on the other hand have not backed yourself up in a logical manner. I don't know your age, and I do not care. Yoiu are deciding to act like a punk and thatis your decision. All I can ask,is that you truthfully ponder my questions that I have posed to you. You might be laughing at my replies and blowing them off, but rwally you should consider why I am asking these questions and what are your honest answers. I don't know if you can be trully honest with yourself, I don't. Maybe at some point(hopefully sooner than later) you can, and then you will realize things about yourself that you hadn't before
I scored over 1400 on my SAT's, which is a major college entrance exam here.I also was able to get in, out of state, into Rutgers University, which has been offered Ivy League status if they were to change to a private school. I also was accepted into UPENN, which is an Ivy league school. At Rutgers I was the only saxophonist from my year to be accepted to the Jazz program, which is one of the hardest in the nation to get intoYou come in with unsubstantiated claims about how arrogant I am and how intelligent I amI have chosen not to resort to flame attacking himYou sir are a censored toolI'd like to know what your basis of this statement is. all quoted this is my basis for thinking you are up yourself i didnt ask you about all that crap, do not reply saying this is out of context because apparently you are an agrumental expert(according to you- big suprise their) and wouldn't proceed to make a statement like your a censored tool if you could be civil right......oh wait you did
ahhh, chopping up all of my replies is fun isn't it. I like how you're trying to call me out on how s,mart I am, and you don't know the difference between there and their. Address why you have chosen this line of thought you have? Nope you haven't. Instead you have decided to splice three different replies, only one of which was an attack( and this waas after you decided to go on the offensive first). You go about talking to me like this, yet you still haven't answered why you have decided to go after me. Is this just some random thing that you're having fun with, maybe. You go after me like I have murdered your family. You have also only picked out replies to this thread alone, you have not proven how I am the way you state that I am. I never said I was an argumental expert, I said this is something I do, and is something that I feel I am very good at. Is it what I do best, I think it is certainly up there. I can also speak with substance which you are miraculously avoiding like the plague. If you choose to hate me so much, then by all means go through life hating random people for no apparent reason, I can tell you though, you will not live a happy life living like that. While you did not ask for these facts that I have brought up about myself, your implications deemed them valid for me to back myself up. You on the other hand have not backed yourself up in a logical manner. I don't know your age, and I do not care. Yoiu are deciding to act like a punk and thatis your decision. All I can ask,is that you truthfully ponder my questions that I have posed to you. You might be laughing at my replies and blowing them off, but rwally you should consider why I am asking these questions and what are your honest answers. I don't know if you can be trully honest with yourself, I don't. Maybe at some point(hopefully sooner than later) you can, and then you will realize things about yourself that you hadn't before
i have many reasons i have read countless opinions of yours and you flaming people this is why i "dislike you" i dont hate anybody, and i never said i hate you

Either way... There was an earlier post about IQ and Poker... I didn't get a chance to read if there were many good responses.For the record there was actually some decent discussion. For anyone that doesn't know the thread was about how much a factor someone's general intelligence (sometimes measured roughly by IQ) can be for poker aptitude, etc...Now a word about this thread:Just because most of the scores posted on this site are well above average does not make them necessarily incorrect. I'd argue that there is a pretty severe selection bias on this site. My guess is that people that obsess over and talk about poker all the time are going to be--on average--pretty smart.

i have many reasons i have read countless opinions of yours and you flaming people this is why i "dislike you" i dont hate anybody, and i never said i hate you
shut up alreadystop following people around and harrassing them?how many people have you IMed annoying the shit out of them?
Most of your I.Q's arent that high. I took the professional tests and was then placed in the advanced/gifted program at my school. I will let you all guess at my I.Q. but its not as high as most of those posted. Mine also reported to me that i am smarter than 98 percent of the people my age.  I had a friend take the emode IQ test and he  got the same score as I did, yet he did not graduate high school. The internet tests are severely flawed. Also i was not only tested for my "I.Q" but tested for 3 different areas of an I.Q. Although I am no where near the worlds best poker player, or the worlds smartest man, I do know that a lot of those I.Q. numbers are incorrect.
Yeah, part of that is related to the theory of Gardiner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences (might be spelling his name wrong). Ten years ago, when working on my teaching license, he was claiming that there are seven different types of intelligences. Now, I believe the claim is that the number is closer to a dozen, including things like spatial reasoning, emotional intelligence, physical intelligence (which might be where the home run record question came from, although I think this technically goes in a different direction).--To the poster that said he was above 98% of his class, but did not have a score as high as those listed here: your IQ would still have to be in the low-to-mid-140's (I'm leaning 143 or 144) for your statement to be true.Intelligence is approximately normally distributed, with a theoretical mean of 100 (the United States had a mean of 98 very recently) and a standard deviation between 15 and 16, depending on the test. Because of this, 84% of the population would have a score below 130 or so, and 99.7% would have a score below about 145 (if we agree to use the 15 number).Theoretically, intelligence is really not something that's supposed to be adjustable over time, so scores generally should not be changing.Interestingly enough, it's the Asian countries that score higher than anyone else. Must be all that Anglo bias. Last I checked, it was Hong Kong that was averaging something like a 109 as a NATION.Of course, it would help if we would stop telling kids that they have ADD when they can memorize the entire play-by-play of an NBA playoff game.--Lastly, 1400 on the SAT's isn't what it used to be, now that they've made it out of a possible 2400 earlier this year. 8) They added a writing section, put advanced algebra on the math section, and removed the analogies from the "verbal" and replaced it with some reading comprehension questions.