Two Pair Vs Shove.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t4535)Hero (t3250)BB (t2745)UTG (t865)MP (t1340)CO (t765)Preflop: Hero is SB with 3club.gif, 5diamond.gif. 3 folds, Button calls t100, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t300) 3diamond.gif, 5heart.gif, 2spade.gif(3 players)Hero bets t300, BB folds, Button raises to t4435Hero???No reads on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t4535)Hero (t3250)BB (t2745)UTG (t865)MP (t1340)CO (t765)Preflop: Hero is SB with 3club.gif, 5diamond.gif. 3 folds, Button calls t100, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t300) 3diamond.gif, 5heart.gif, 2spade.gif(3 players)Hero bets t300, BB folds, Button raises to t4435Hero???No reads on villain.
looks like an open ender gambooooooooool

You should say. "I flopped top two pair. And that's a monster. But I'm going to lay it down because you've got A4 and I'm not going to draw against a made hand."At which point the villain will say: *****One of the rules that I try to keep in mind is "Don't go broke in a limped pot."

You should say. "I flopped top two pair. And that's a monster. But I'm going to lay it down because you've got A4 and I'm not going to draw against a made hand."At which point the villain will say: *****One of the rules that I try to keep in mind is "Don't go broke in a limped pot."
TJ Cloutier would be proud. I'm going broke here every day and twice on Sundays unless I was on the bubble.

you really think he limped the button iwth ace 4 or a small pair in a 6 max tourney and open shoved to a raise? not even attempting to get value for the weird ass hand he limped? If your folding here you shouldnt be playing the tourney cuz it must be out of your bankroll.

you really think he limped the button iwth ace 4 or a small pair in a 6 max tourney and open shoved to a raise? not even attempting to get value for the weird ass hand he limped? If your folding here you shouldnt be playing the tourney cuz it must be out of your bankroll.
i dont like risking all my chips when i have no clue where i am ... didnt have much invested, plenty of chips left... i dont see the point in calling off all your chips here
i dont like risking all my chips when i have no clue where i am ... didnt have much invested, plenty of chips left... i dont see the point in calling off all your chips here
So what range are you putting him on that beats us?
This is by far one of the dumbest rules every perpetuated in a poker book
im not sure thats why i wouldnt call off all my chips... lots of play left... i dont like calling off all my chips in that position
Read this, especially the part about "you can find a better spot"Our hand is extremely well disguised because for whatever reason, we led out with a PSB..I'm calling here 100 percent of the time and expect to see something like 44, 66-88, AA, 56, and some air hands..I highly doubt he plays anything that beats us this fast
This is by far one of the dumbest rules every perpetuated in a poker book
I played $1/$2 NL live a couple of weeks ago. I limped on the button. The blinds called. The flop was 245 rainbow. The small blind bet. It folded to me and I raised. SB reraised. I reraised. He pushed for about $300 total. I called. SB said, "straight" and showed A3.I said, "me too" and showed 36.There was no more than $8 in the pot when the flop was dealt and the SB lost about $300.
I played $1/$2 NL live a couple of weeks ago. I limped on the button. The blinds called. The flop was 245 rainbow. The small blind bet. It folded to me and I raised. SB reraised. I reraised. He pushed for about $300 total. I called. SB said, "straight" and showed A3.I said, "me too" and showed 36.There was no more than $8 in the pot when the flop was dealt and the SB lost about $300.
This has got to be the most results oriented post ever madeDo you still make this post when he flips over a set? or 24? or 45? Give me a break

I call I call I call I call.I'd put a decent sum of money on this being something in the range 66-99Sure this plays like a flopped set might, but this seems incredibly unlikely as you can see half the 3's and 5's in the deck.

This hand was a weird one.I actually clicked call, but my internet went out a split second after I called. Once I had reconnected, I had timed out, folded and he'd picked up the pot. At the time, I was calling but my instincts were telling me I was behind.

This hand was a weird one.I actually clicked call, but my internet went out a split second after I called. Once I had reconnected, I had timed out, folded and he'd picked up the pot. At the time, I was calling but my instincts were telling me I was behind.
Ugh that totally sucks..I couldn't wait til you posted and said he had 66 and I could shove it in all the "fold, we have nothing invested camps" face cuz results oriented decisions rule FTWBut seriously...this is a call 100 percent of the time
Ugh that totally sucks..I couldn't wait til you posted and said he had 66 and I could shove it in all the "fold, we have nothing invested camps" face cuz results oriented decisions rule FTWBut seriously...this is a call 100 percent of the time
To be honest, I think this is a clear call as well and I don't think the "we have nothing invested" argument is valid or applicable. It is an excuse to fold, not a reason to.The only concern I have is that the typical players in these games are weak or passive. This is also the reason for this thread. The fact that a potentially passive player is over-shoving into my PSB is worrying.Unfortunately, I hadn't been paying much attention, so the whole hand is without reads. I think a simple way to assess the hand is to use ICM. There is no ICM calculator for MTTs, so I just use this formula:mEV = prize pool / 100 * (my stack / total chips in play * 100)In this tournament it just so happens that there are 1000 chips to every dollar in the prize pool so it's uber easy to work out.
Board: 3d 5h 2sDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	62.815%	  61.56% 	01.25% 			111530 		 2272.00   { 5d3c }Hand 1: 	37.185%	  35.93% 	01.25% 			 65096 		 2272.00   { AA, 88-55, 33-22, ATs-A8s, A6s-A3s, 64s+, 54s, 52s, 42s+, ATo-A8o, A6o-A3o, 64o+, 54o, 52o, 42o+ }---

Total Chips in play: 27000Total Prize Pool: $27Fold: (2850 / 1000) = $2.85Call: (6300 * 0.62815) / 1000 = $3.957Against a tighter range it might be closer, but I bet it'll still be a call.

Without reads... fold and pick a better spot. Let a possible LAGtard have his 600 chips. Anything from a set to a flopped straight has you drawing dead to maybe 4 outs.
On second look, I don't know what the hell I was thinking posting my previous comment. I was probably doped up on cold meds :club: Yeah, it's an easy call. And please, try to make your point without resorting to the amateurish 'youre no good at poker' comeback.