Playstation 3

So my wonderful wife has bought me a PS3 as a late-Christmas / Valentine's Day present, and now I'm faced with the happy dillemna of buying the latest and greatest video games for my new toy. Considering that I've never so much as touched a PS3 before, and that I already have Guitar Hero III for my PS2, what games would you gamers consider to be the best bets to pick up right away? Historically, I'm mostly into first-person shooters (Black, and the older Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games), sports games (generally hockey, although I've gotten some enjoyment out of Madden in the past), games like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto, driving games like the Need for Speed series and of course, Gran Turismo. I like flying combat games, but I haven't really played a good one in a long time, not sure what's out there anymore. Fantasy games have never really held much appeal, other than that and the games geared towards young kids (Pokemon and the like) I can't really think of anything that I know I wouldn't like. I already know that Call of Duty 4 is a must, and I'm getting that tomorrow. I hear good things about Devil May Cry 4 although I know nothing about it whatsoever, just that it's very popular. Reviews?Just looking for a few other suggestions from anyone who has a rooting interest. Thanks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that the Turok commercial makes me want to buy a gaming system. I've beaten every Turok game(3 of them anyway) without cheats starting at the Nintendo 64. I love that series.

All I know is that the Turok commercial makes me want to buy a gaming system. I've beaten every Turok game without cheats starting at the Nintendo 64. I love that series.
I played the demo at it was horrible. Really horrible. But I think CoD4 ruined me for all shooters. But it did seem pretty horrible. Maybe the released copy wasn't so horrible, because, it was horrible.
I played the demo at it was horrible. Really horrible. But I think CoD4 ruined me for all shooters. But it did seem pretty horrible. Maybe the released copy wasn't so horrible, because, it was horrible.
I DL the demo for Turok and i also thought it sucked. I played it the day it came out at a friends house and never got into it. The guns are weak, the knife sucks unless a dinosaur jumps on you (the T-Rex looks pretty sick and its huge). If you played the series throughout the years then its for you, im more for NeedForSpeed.
I DL the demo for Turok and i also thought it sucked. I played it the day it came out at a friends house and never got into it. The guns are weak, the knife sucks unless a dinosaur jumps on you (the T-Rex looks pretty sick and its huge). If you played the series throughout the years then its for you, im more for NeedForSpeed.
Fucking commercials had me convinced.

nhl 2008 is a given adam but you should also get Pro Evo 2008, even if you don't like soccer that game is too good not to play. Outside of that you really cant go wrong with COD 4.Is the new GTA out soon? that'll be worth picking up for sure too.

nhl 2008 is a given adam but you should also get Pro Evo 2008, even if you don't like soccer that game is too good not to play. Outside of that you really cant go wrong with COD 4.Is the new GTA out soon? that'll be worth picking up for sure too.
Comes out in April, from what I hear. That and the new Gran Turismo are givens as far as being purchased in the first week. I'm glad this year's EA NHL game is getting positive reviews, I heard so many bad things about the last couple that I didn't even bother picking them up.
Comes out in April, from what I hear. That and the new Gran Turismo are givens as far as being purchased in the first week. I'm glad this year's EA NHL game is getting positive reviews, I heard so many bad things about the last couple that I didn't even bother picking them up.
Be wary because Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is just filler and isn't a full game (hence the name "prologue"). The full version of Gran Turismo 5 won't be out until next year I believe.

Resistance Fall of Man. I was playing it right before posting this, and I am going back to it right now.Seriously BEST game ever made. EVER. Also preorder Grand Theft Auto IV.EDIT:Oh and GTA IV is out April 29thIf you have yet to check out the site, go to it now and see all the video's, look at the previews and all that jazz. Amazing game!