Why Are Non-believers So Angry?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non-believers do not believe because they're eyes are open to the harshness of reality and the world we live in.
LOL... that would be more of a case to believe than not believe. <---- IN MY OPINION
I'm not angry. Why do you think that I am?
yeah, I am curious as to this as well.I don't even know if I am actually a believer or non-believer. I believe in God. I just don't have much faith in organized religion. I never really studied the bible because in all honesty, I just don't care that much. I believe there is a higher power but after "church hoping" back in college I was soured by the vast differences there were with many different denominations of Christianity. Who do I believe. Who's God is the true God? I decided that as long as I believe there is a higher power and that I don't go around killing people and stuff then I will gladly accept my fate.

What I am going to say may have been said 1000 times over, it is what I truly beleive.I believe that religion, in all its attempts to do the opposite, has done a TERRIBLE thing to this world.Taking out religious beliefs and people, there would be on "War" in Iraq.There would have been no crusades, no suicide bombings.Our leaders would not be trying to inhibit the flow of science, ??vitoi'ing?? stem cell research.Teens would not be taught that sex is a terrible thing, and that having sex (a perfectly normal thing to want to do) will send them to hell.Women would have the right to take control of their life's in the form of abortion.When was the last time you saw an Atheist who blew up a building for their belief?I wouldn't be so angry if religion didn't effect me, but the problem is it does. For all the above reasons and more.It forces its way into people's life's, forcing their crooked twisted sense of morality upon them.My father is too a strong Christian, sometimes preaching at church, and is one of the "elders".He is devastated at my complete cut with Christianity. I am now less in his eyes, a professional poker playing Atheist.

To be honest...the debate about if Christ is the true saviour and messiah can never be proven or disproven. You can't put your hands on faith and that's what it takes to believe in any religion.You can't teach faith.You can't really teach Christianity.You could read the Bible from cover to cover every day and not have faith or be a Christian.People that are true Christians seem content to me. I'm a true Christian and I am content. It doesn't bother me that some are not Christians. It doesn't bother me that some disbelieve many things about Jesus. It doesn't bother me if some people want to debate the Bible. I'm trully not "one of those Christians" that will say "You're going to Hell because you haven't accepted Jesus as your personal saviour".It just seems that a lot of non-believers are very angry and really confrontational about it. I'm not here (on Earth...not this forum) to convince you that my beliefs are true and yours are not. Any discussion about Christ would be welcomed by me. I seriously would LOVE to hear non-believers thoughts on life and after life.
I'm a believer and I'm still angry... about your avatar.
What I am going to say may have been said 1000 times over, it is what I truly beleive.I believe that religion, in all its attempts to do the opposite, has done a TERRIBLE thing to this world.Taking out religious beliefs and people, there would be on "War" in Iraq.There would have been no crusades, no suicide bombings.Our leaders would not be trying to inhibit the flow of science, ??vitoi'ing?? stem cell research.Teens would not be taught that sex is a terrible thing, and that having sex (a perfectly normal thing to want to do) will send them to hell.Women would have the right to take control of their life's in the form of abortion.When was the last time you saw an Atheist who blew up a building for their belief?I wouldn't be so angry if religion didn't effect me, but the problem is it does. For all the above reasons and more.It forces its way into people's life's, forcing their crooked twisted sense of morality upon them.My father is too a strong Christian, sometimes preaching at church, and is one of the "elders".He is devastated at my complete cut with Christianity. I am now less in his eyes, a professional poker playing Atheist.
The thing is the things you say about religion are true. (But, just to split hairs, my church teaches that having sex is a beautiful and wonderful thing...but it is best within marriage. I think most churches teach that, but i digress.)The thing is...you shouldn't blame Jesus, the guy that died so you could live, because he has some idiot followers. Remember that religion is just a man-made thing that we invented to reach God. But, Jesus was God's way of reaching us. There's a difference. So, hate religion all you want, but you can't deny that there's been a lot of good done by followers of Christ.
To be honest...the debate about if Christ is the true saviour and messiah can never be proven or disproven. You can't put your hands on faith and that's what it takes to believe in any religion.You can't teach faith.You can't really teach Christianity.You could read the Bible from cover to cover every day and not have faith or be a Christian.People that are true Christians seem content to me. I'm a true Christian and I am content. It doesn't bother me that some are not Christians. It doesn't bother me that some disbelieve many things about Jesus. It doesn't bother me if some people want to debate the Bible. I'm trully not "one of those Christians" that will say "You're going to Hell because you haven't accepted Jesus as your personal saviour".It just seems that a lot of non-believers are very angry and really confrontational about it. I'm not here (on Earth...not this forum) to convince you that my beliefs are true and yours are not. Any discussion about Christ would be welcomed by me. I seriously would LOVE to hear non-believers thoughts on life and after life.
  • 2 weeks later...

Who said Non Believers were angry? Im not angry. I dont know know any angry "non believers"I could start a thread and say Why are Christians so outspoken about Christ? same thingWafa Sultan said it best"You can believe in stones as long as you don't throw them at me"

Who said Non Believers were angry? Im not angry. I dont know know any angry "non believers"I could start a thread and say Why are Christians so outspoken about Christ? same thingWafa Sultan said it best"You can believe in stones as long as you don't throw them at me"
You should start that thread. To answer your question, Christians are asked to be outspoken by Christ. That's where I fail as a Christian the most. I wont throw any stones at you but would answer any question you may have.
You should start that thread. To answer your question, Christians are asked to be outspoken by Christ. That's where I fail as a Christian the most. I wont throw any stones at you but would answer any question you may have.
I dont agree with the "question" that was my point.
For a Christian, this life is the worst it will ever be.For the unbeliever, this life is the best it will ever be.
So, I think this is one of the saddest elements of Christianity. On one hand, it may give someone suffering, someone poor and broken down, someone weak and vulnerable some peace of mind, that life will be better on the other side. However, when Marx said that Religion is the opiate of the people, this was precisely what he was talking about. Religion pacifying people into accepting their station in life, accepting their suffering as God ordained, accepting unjust status quos, accepting life the way it is, instead of taking responsibility for their life and working to make their life and their world better. I think that, precisely because this life is the best it's ever going to be is a reason that you owe it to yourself to make your life as good as it possibly can. Long-haired preachers come out every night, Try to tell you what's wrong and what's right; But when asked how 'bout something to eat They will answer with voices so sweet: You will eat, bye and bye, In that glorious land above the sky; Work and pray, live on hay, You'll get pie in the sky when you die. Holy Rollers and Jumpers come outAnd they sing and they clap and they shout'Give your money to Jesus,' they say,'He will cure all diseases today . . .Working folks of all countries, uniteSide by side we for freedom will fightWhen the world and it's wealth we have gainedTo the grafters we'll sing this refrain: You will eat, by and by,When you've learned how to cook and how to fryChop some wood, it'll do you goodThen you'll eat in the sweet by and by - that's no lie!
So, I think this is one of the saddest elements of Christianity. On one hand, it may give someone suffering, someone poor and broken down, someone weak and vulnerable some peace of mind, that life will be better on the other side. However, when Marx said that Religion is the opiate of the people, this was precisely what he was talking about. Religion pacifying people into accepting their station in life, accepting their suffering as God ordained, accepting unjust status quos, accepting life the way it is, instead of taking responsibility for their life and working to make their life and their world better. I think that, precisely because this life is the best it's ever going to be is a reason that you owe it to yourself to make your life as good as it possibly can. Long-haired preachers come out every night, Try to tell you what's wrong and what's right; But when asked how 'bout something to eat They will answer with voices so sweet: You will eat, bye and bye, In that glorious land above the sky; Work and pray, live on hay, You'll get pie in the sky when you die. Holy Rollers and Jumpers come outAnd they sing and they clap and they shout'Give your money to Jesus,' they say,'He will cure all diseases today . . .Working folks of all countries, uniteSide by side we for freedom will fightWhen the world and it's wealth we have gainedTo the grafters we'll sing this refrain: You will eat, by and by,When you've learned how to cook and how to fryChop some wood, it'll do you goodThen you'll eat in the sweet by and by - that's no lie!
I don't know of any christians that don't work to make there life better. I really have no idea what you are talking about. The point is, past this physical life, injustices, what you may need to do financially, where you are with your work status, whatever it is that may be that right now is not perfect in your eyes- your soul is safe. This life is fleeting and it's temporary. Here is another song for you:When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,When sorrows like sea billows roll;Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,It is well, it is well, with my soul.It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,Let this blessed assurance control,That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,And hath shed His own blood for my soul.It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!My sin, not in part but the whole,Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,Even so, it is well with my soul.It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul. I love one of the last lyrics: when my faith shall be sight. It says so much. Anyway, accepting ones lot today, being happy today, has nothing to do with your plans, goals for the future, where you hope to be and are working to be.
I don't know of any christians that don't work to make there life better. I really have no idea what you are talking about. The point is, past this physical life, injustices, what you may need to do financially, where you are with your work status, whatever it is that may be that right now is not perfect in your eyes- your soul is safe. This life is fleeting and it's temporary. Here is another song for you:When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,When sorrows like sea billows roll;Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,It is well, it is well, with my soul.It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,Let this blessed assurance control,That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,And hath shed His own blood for my soul.It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!My sin, not in part but the whole,Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,Even so, it is well with my soul.It is well, with my soul,It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul. I love one of the last lyrics: when my faith shall be sight. It says so much. Anyway, accepting ones lot today, being happy today, has nothing to do with your plans, goals for the future, where you hope to be and are working to be.
oooo, I love Metallica.
I don't know of any christians that don't work to make there life better. I really have no idea what you are talking about. The point is, past this physical life, injustices, what you may need to do financially, where you are with your work status, whatever it is that may be that right now is not perfect in your eyes- your soul is safe. This life is fleeting and it's temporary. Here is another song for you:
I think my post had a bit of a radical political slant to it, so I'll reign it in a bit, and use for the example of what I'm talking about 2 men whom are unquestionably successful capitalists and both extremely generous with the wealth they have acquired. The reason I'm picking these two specifically is because I know a little something about their giving records. I am not judging them based on the amount they give ( because that would be unfair) but rather the target of their charitable donations. The examples I am using are Balloon Guy, and Bill Gates. Balloon guy has admitted being very charitable in the past, and I believe him. There are many things I could accuse BG of, but dishonesty isn't one of them. He has admitted that the primary targets of the charities he gives to are Christian charities. He said that he only gives to charities that are approved by an independent evangelical watchdog group (who's name I have forgotten. I Had the link to the organization on my old comp, which I junked. I'm sure BG would provide the name of the group for us), that takes care to make sure the charities use thier money precisely the way they say they are and don't cheat people out of money or use the money to make unscrupulous con men rich. In principal, I commend this group for it's efforts to hold charities accountable. However, when I went through the list of charities, the overwhelming majority of them were partly or completely prosthetization organizations. What I mean by that is that their goal, as a charity, is spreading the gospel of christ, winning converts to Christianity, saving souls. This makes sense, if you are a christain, because if you believe in eternal damnation, and eternal salvation, the greatest gift you can give your fellow man is to win their soul for christ, because the concerns of the material world pale in comparison to the matter of an everlasting soul. However, if the Bible is wrong, if their is no god, or at least if Jesus isn't the son of God, and believing or not believing in Jesus means nothing in terms of going to heaven or not, then this is a tragic waste of resource. Men like BG, and millions like him, pour billions of dollars into what is essentially a fool's errand, when that money, and those resources in terms of man hours of labor, could be used in other charitable activity that make's this world a better place, not trying to convert people to the next one.Contrast this to Bill Gates. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation is one of the most remarkable secular charities in the world. It's focus is on healthcare, the reduction of poverty, and to increase the access to and the quality of education. The charity is global, and from what I understand is the largest foundation in the world, with more wealth than many countries. The goal of this foundation is to improve the lifes of people, all over the world.. give vaccines to children, deal with the global HIV epidemic. My point is this. I think organizations like the Bill and Melinda gates foundation are fantastic. Men like Bill Gates feel a secular social responsibility to improve the world that has given them so much wealth. Evangelical organization's, while having the heart in the right place, opperation on what I feel is a false premise, and as such squander billions in resources.
I think my post had a bit of a radical political slant to it, so I'll reign it in a bit, and use for the example of what I'm talking about 2 men whom are unquestionably successful capitalists and both extremely generous with the wealth they have acquired. The reason I'm picking these two specifically is because I know a little something about their giving records. I am not judging them based on the amount they give ( because that would be unfair) but rather the target of their charitable donations. The examples I am using are Balloon Guy, and Bill Gates. Balloon guy has admitted being very charitable in the past, and I believe him. There are many things I could accuse BG of, but dishonesty isn't one of them. He has admitted that the primary targets of the charities he gives to are Christian charities. He said that he only gives to charities that are approved by an independent evangelical watchdog group (who's name I have forgotten. I Had the link to the organization on my old comp, which I junked. I'm sure BG would provide the name of the group for us), that takes care to make sure the charities use thier money precisely the way they say they are and don't cheat people out of money or use the money to make unscrupulous con men rich. In principal, I commend this group for it's efforts to hold charities accountable. However, when I went through the list of charities, the overwhelming majority of them were partly or completely prosthetization organizations. What I mean by that is that their goal, as a charity, is spreading the gospel of christ, winning converts to Christianity, saving souls. This makes sense, if you are a christain, because if you believe in eternal damnation, and eternal salvation, the greatest gift you can give your fellow man is to win their soul for christ, because the concerns of the material world pale in comparison to the matter of an everlasting soul. However, if the Bible is wrong, if their is no god, or at least if Jesus isn't the son of God, and believing or not believing in Jesus means nothing in terms of going to heaven or not, then this is a tragic waste of resource. Men like BG, and millions like him, pour billions of dollars into what is essentially a fool's errand, when that money, and those resources in terms of man hours of labor, could be used in other charitable activity that make's this world a better place, not trying to convert people to the next one.Contrast this to Bill Gates. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation is one of the most remarkable secular charities in the world. It's focus is on healthcare, the reduction of poverty, and to increase access and quality of education. The charity is global, and from what I understand is the largest foundation in the world, with more wealth than many countries. The goal of this foundation is to improve the lifes of people, all over the world.. give vaccines to children, deal with the global HIV epidemic. My point is this. I think organizations like the Bill and Melinda gates foundation are fantastic. Men like Bill Gates feel a social responsibility to improve the world that has given them so much wealth. Evangelical organization's, while having the heart in the right place, opperation on what I feel is a false premise, and as such squander billions in resources.
Not to throw this in the mix but God did say that the collection- that which you give to on sunday- is for needy saints. I tend to think that Gods outlook on what a christian should do as far as giving is probably alot more stringent than you are thinking. As far as it being wasted resources, I couldn't agree more for the most part. Some of these religous groups take in millions upon millions, and then elect to pay themselves exorbitant salaries, hire there relatives for cush pointless jobs, etc. I would say that is actually MOST of these organizations. The church I am affiliated with/have been in the past, doesn't pay there preachers, period. Pastor/preacher works a job and takes care of his own like everyone else. The use of Gods finances if you will is actually quite a bit more stringent.
Not to throw this in the mix but God did say that the collection- that which you give to on sunday- is for needy saints. I tend to think that Gods outlook on what a christian should do as far as giving is probably alot more stringent than you are thinking. As far as it being wasted resources, I couldn't agree more for the most part. Some of these religous groups take in millions upon millions, and then elect to pay themselves exorbitant salaries, hire there relatives for cush pointless jobs, etc. I would say that is actually MOST of these organizations. The church I am affiliated with/have been in the past, doesn't pay there preachers, period. Pastor/preacher works a job and takes care of his own like everyone else. The use of Gods finances if you will is actually quite a bit more stringent.
Not to confuse you or anything, but how exactly do you know that "god" said that.The first thing that you need to do when making such insane claims such as an invisiblebeing exhists, is PROVING that! Proof.
8531.jpg
Insert those captions onto parting%20red%20sea.jpgSeriously, if you are going to make such outlandish claims, have proof.Jesus hasn't turned up, he hasn't "shown" himself to me.I was 17 when I stopped going to church (I was very very much a believer). He didn't even bother to call.... bastard.
Insert those captions onto parting%20red%20sea.jpgSeriously, if you are going to make such outlandish claims, have proof.Jesus hasn't turned up, he hasn't "shown" himself to me.I was 17 when I stopped going to church (I was very very much a believer). He didn't even bother to call.... bastard.
Listen, I'm sympathetic to your requirement of proof., I'm just saying, if you want to see lois and assorted other xians beat around that bush for page after page, there are about 100 threads you can see it in. Every atheist vs xian argument basically comes down to that point, and it's never getting resolved, so pretty much we're all at a detante and we've all decided to talk around that issue so we can have conversation, not spin our wheels for 32 pages.

It seems you are not religious as I thought you were, I apologise.But don't you love watching them try to find reasons? I find it very funny.I could take on idiots like them all day just for fun!But I do see your point, it sometimes gets annoying. My uncle is trying toget me to have a "debate" with him, each of us doing our research before hand. Him on the sideof creation, and me on the side of sanity. Sigh.any links to them beating around the bush?

It seems you are not religious as I thought you were, I apologise.But don't you love watching them try to find reasons? I find it very funny.I could take on idiots like them all day just for fun!But I do see your point, it sometimes gets annoying. My uncle is trying toget me to have a "debate" with him, each of us doing our research before hand. Him on the sideof creation, and me on the side of sanity. Sigh.any links to them beating around the bush?
You thought I was religious? Did you bother to even read my posts in this thread? LOL I go on a huge rant about how I think religious donation to evangelical charities iis a huge waste of money, because there is no god LOLUm.. no, I don't find watching people trying to rationalize faith to be amusing. I actually find it kinda depressing. Also, I don't really care for calling religious people idiots, because I both see the appeal of religion and understand the vast socialization force at work that makes people religious, not to mention humanity's own tendency for wish thinking. I do think many religious people are idiots, but I think there are plenty of idiotic, obnoxious atheists, whom I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. Some of those idiots on both sides of the argument have shown up on this board. But I'll tell you one thing, Lois isn't one of them. I'm not sure what lois is, precisely. I think he's crazy, for one thing. But I don't think he's an idiot, because he's obviously not. The creative, elaborate way he's come up with justifying his own version of xianity is actually rather impressive.Don't be lazy and expect me to do work you can do yourself. Just scroll back in the religion board, and open up any thread that has a high page count. You're sure to find plenty of boring merry-go-rounding.