Too Much Time In The Forums

I played as high as 25/50 online (when PartyPoker 1st introduced it) and as high as 100/200 LHE (also on PartyPoker) when I had the equvilant of like 3 buyins for each game. Don't ever do that. How I managed NOT to go broke is a miracle.
That was the beauty of Party, even if you didn't know what you were doing you were still one of the better players at the table.I deposited $50 twice (after watching the 2003 ME on ESPN) and never had to reload after that. I once bought in to a 3 table SNG for 1/3 of my roll.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to hell.I remember when I broke 5k. i made a post about how I'm addicted to the forums while at work blah blah.not too long later i reached 9,999 and said to myself. Jesus, I gotta stop, poker isnt my life. My job is more important.fast forward to today. and I will never work a desk job for salary again.

What would happen is that I would bounce back and forth between LHE and NLHE.At LHE, I'd play until I got frustrated that I kept getting drawn out on and couldn't protect my hand and then I'd go back to NLHE and play until I got coolered enough times and wanted to lose less $$ when I had set over set or when I got sucked out on. Basically I went back and forth without realizing that I just wans't good enough at poker to understand that them sucking out on me was awesome becuase it meant their money went in bad.
I love/hate poker :club:
Yeah, I played mostly live poker (mainly 5/10 and 10/20 NL live) and showed pretty consistent winnings there. Since starting to play online a lot more a few months ago, I have seen very mixed results. If you read my blog, you'll know why I'm not gonna talk about that right now.
I actually have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of playing a bunch online while living in the gambling capital of the world. It reminds me of Clerks. RANDAL Fine. Just lend me your car. DANTE Why should I loan you my car? RANDAL I want to rent a movie. DANTE (pause) You want to rent a movie.DANTE walks away, shaking his head. RANDAL What's that for? DANTE You work in a video store!They head back to the counter. RANDAL I work in a shitty video store. I want to go to a good video store so I can rent a good movie.
:club: Congrats on 5k posts, now if you could only be a winning player :D
I'm a winning player!!!!Here's my graph of yesterday. $15 of PURE PROFIT BABY!!!!backinblackfc6.jpgI am doing quite well since switching to HUNL, but yesterday was gross.
I'm a winning player!!!!Here's my graph of yesterday. $15 of PURE PROFIT BABY!!!!backinblackfc6.jpgI am doing quite well since switching to HUNL, but yesterday was gross.
Omfg downswing at 600-800, jesus.
Omfg downswing at 600-800, jesus.
Yeah, I had a couple of opponents who made it to showdown like 40-50% of the time and won of the time.One opponent I played like 325 hands against in 2 sessions and they went to SD like 45% of the time and won 75% of the time. I literally said "they can't have it every time" and I'd call with 1 pair or 2 pair or something and they'd not only have IT, but they'd have something close to the nuts, like a straight or top set or something. I'd have lost an assload of money if they ever bet their hands before the river because I really did make a LOT of strong 2nd best hands against them. I kept playing becuase they sucked and I figured they'd have to stop hitting cards eventually. They did not.That vertical downward stretch was a 46 hand stretch against one guy who was super aggro and he made it to showdown in 50% of the hands and won 100% of them. I tilted off one stack after he sucked out for 2 and then there was actually a normally played hand or two in there. I think I lost like $375 in 46 hands to him.
without wishing to hi-jack your thread, how do you produce a session graph like that?
This thread is one big hijack.Do you mean:How do I play and lose so much and manage to get it all back?How do I actually make the real graph itself (search for pokergrapher)?
I WAS going to say "at least you know when to quit."
I think I played poorly for like 2 little stretches tehre that don't necessarily coincide with big downward portions of the graph. Mostly I was playing well and I figured I'd get it back eventually.

If I made $0.01 an hour playing poker for the rest of my life, I would still play it as much as humanly possible.

Really? Cuz I make like $150/hr and need to like force myself to play.
That seems like fair compensation for having to play minbet.
That seems like fair compensation for having to play minbet.
I agree with this.If I played limit, I would have to force myself to play as well.