any hawai'ians???

I'm going to be out in Hawai'i May 13-23. Are there any Hawai'ians on this forum? Or has anyone else been there recently?I want to know if there is any kind of poker action there. I'm doubting it as I don't think people would want to be cooped up gambling there. Is gambling even legal? I have no idea. I just think it would be cool to play some poker on Hawai'i.Please let me know.

I'm going to be out in Hawai'i May 13-23. Are there any Hawai'ians on this forum? Or has anyone else been there recently?I want to know if there is any kind of poker action there. I'm doubting it as I don't think people would want to be cooped up gambling there. Is gambling even legal? I have no idea. I just think it would be cool to play some poker on Hawai'i.Please let me know.
I heard somewhere that it's not legal in Hawaii, not positive though. I'll be there in Sept.
I heard somewhere that it's not legal in Hawaii, not positive though. I'll be there in Sept.
I have this sneaking suspicion that they don't even know what Holdem is over there. lol. If not, it's no biggy, but it would be neat to play Holdem with some transplanted Samoans./shrug.
I'm from Hawaii
How does this help me?
Are there any Hawai'ians on this forum?
I think it answers this question. :club:
I'm from Hawaii
How does this help me?
Are there any Hawai'ians on this forum?  
I think it answers this question. :club:
I heard hawaii was nice.
I have this sneaking suspicion that they don't even know what Holdem is over there. lol. If not, it's no biggy, but it would be neat to play Holdem with some transplanted Samoans.
It's not as fun as you think. All the Samoans [4] (transplated or otherwise) that I have played against tend to be bad losers.

THere are no organized games......just lots of home games goin on like everywhere else in the world right now......hard to find a game if you don't know any locals......best bet would be to go down to uh and ask around......there are always games going on and really really easy......they are just there to literally gamble with their cards and have a good time.....no serious poker but good money to be won

THere are no organized games......just lots of home games goin on like everywhere else in the world right now......hard to find a game if you don't know any locals......best bet would be to go down to uh and ask around......there are always games going on and really really easy......they are just there to literally gamble with their cards and have a good time.....no serious poker but good money to be won
Sweet, I'll steer clear of the 400-lb Samoans though. Wouldn't want to mistakenly give one of those guys a bad beat!
Sweet, I'll steer clear of the 400-lb Samoans though. Wouldn't want to mistakenly give one of those guys a bad beat!
haahaha....prob true....but most of the guys don't know enough to know what a bad beat is.......most of the games i've played in have been eveyone get thier chips in and whoever is luckiest wins....they are all just there to hopefully get lucky.....no skill....you can win by just playing better starting hands and guys will generally hand you thier chips
Pittsburgh is supposed to be pretty sweet too.
whoever told you that should be shot. Lowest number of sunny days for any city in the US. We beat Seatlle!!!
Pittsburgh is supposed to be pretty sweet too.
whoever told you that should be shot. Lowest number of sunny days for any city in the US. We beat Seatlle!!!
why go there? isn't it tourist season for Helena, Montana, or perhaps it's time to cash in South Dakota's incessant nagging....... there's always Manrape, Georgia to fall back on too..... too many choices.