Wpt World Poker Open Day 1a Daniel Updates

Daniel is playing Day 1A today and the play should begin at 12 Noon in Tunica which is 1PM in Toronto and 10 AM in Las Vegas. Tunica has always been kind to Daniel in the past.He should be texting me with updates today and I'll update this post with them.EDIT: Matt is getting the updates and will post them so if anything is screwed up you know who to blame.Good Luck to Daniel and any other FCPers who are playing.1:09 PM - "My first table has Brad Berman and the rest look like typical local players"1:15 PM - "Steve Billirakis just sat at my table"1:36 PM - "24k now after: called a raise from BB with Kd Qd three way. Flop Qh 6d 8d checked to raiser he bet 600 I go 1600 he goes 4600 I go 5500 more he folds AA. I knew He would because I watched him overplay several hands already but would fold if played back at."2:37 PM - "22k after level 1"3:29 PM - "19k now lost a little pot and haven't had any cards yet"3:50 PM - "Lost a pot with 99 vs JJ on a board of 8 3 3 2 J. I bet 2400 on the river... He called3:51 PM - "15k now"4:02 PM - "Two interesting hands: I raise UTG with 23 suited and get two calls. Flop 4 7 8 it goes checked around. Turn 2 I bet 700 button makes it 2700. I look at him and see a bluff and call. River Q check check he shows KQ. Hand 3 guy raises to 800 I call from BB with KK. Flop Q 4 5 two hearts check check. Turn a 3 I check call 1625 worrying about QQ or JJ 10. River 6 I bet 3200 he calls I win. Down to 11k back to 17k now"4:30 PM - "Jamie Gold just joined the table. I have 15k"5:12 PM - "Flopped a pair and a flush drav vs top set. Lost min down to 13k"5:43 PM - "10400 now and still waiting on a hand"6:00 PM - "7k left. Just got rivered"6:07 PM - "Back to 18k. Check this out: Smokey limps for 200 tilter goes all in for 3800 I go all in for 6950 sb calls. I have AK tilter Q 10 sb.... 44!!! I flopped an ace"6:10 PM - "18275 nd of level 3"6:27 PM - "I may have played about 20 pots total today. In 5 of those pots opponent showed AA"6:37 PM - "Smokey makes it 900 Brad calls I call sb with Ad Qd. Flop As 3s 5d. Check to Brad he bets 3k I go all in for 12500... He folds"7:06 PM - "Smokey makes it 900 I call with KQ Gold calls bb. Flop Q 8 6 they check to me I check. Turn 7 checked around. River 8 Gold bets 2200 Smokey calls with QJ I call Gold says "third worst" and I won an unorthodox potm 22500 now"7:33 PM - "AA raised to 800 Gold calls button calls. Flop A 8 2 two hearts I check call Gold 2k. Turn 5 check check. River 8 I bet 2500 hoping he had an 8 and would raise. He called and showed an ace. I'm at 27k now"7:50 PM - "Big pot vs Gold: Smokey limps I limp button with 10 J Gold raises 1500 more from bb and I felt a move and called. Flop J 4 4 he bets 1000 I call. Turn 8 Checked turn. River 2 he goes all in for 10k then we talk for about 10 min. He puts on a great show and I think he has me. Then he says I won't show you if you I call in he says "you win". Up to 40k now and he's out"8:12 PM - "Last level of the night"8:45 PM - "Creepy weird hand vs a drunk. He limps I limp with Kc 3c. Flop Jc 2c 3s. Snokey bets bb 1200 Drunk calls I call sb calls. Turn Qh. Drunk bets 10k I call. River 7d he goes all in I fold. He shows Ks 8s for nothing at all. I am back to 19k"8:57 PM - "Went broke to the drunk. Had K5 on a K 9 6 board and he had A 9. Turn 9"GG Daniel!!

good luck good luck and again good luck daniel ;)i live in germany.. so i've quite a problem with the time of the tournament.. but thx for the live updates and i know you'll do it that time again :club:

1:36 PM - "24k now after: called a raise from BB with Kd Qd three way. Flop Qh 6d 8d checked to raiser he bet 600 I go 1600 he goes 4600 I go 5500 more he folds AA. I knew He would because I watched him overplay several hands already but would fold if played back at."
NICE PLAY!!
Sun Jan 20 11:53:16 PST 2008Blinds IncreaseThe players return from break to increased blinds of 100-200. The unofficial word is that we have 117 players in today's field.
Why so few?
Why so few?
They're running 2 Day 1's and they're assuming that there will be more for tomorrow since there are so many tournaments going on. The second day of the WSOP Tour $7500 main event is also today in Tunica and also they're hoping some of the players who were in Australia make it for tomorrow.
They're running 2 Day 1's and they're assuming that there will be more for tomorrow since there are so many tournaments going on. The second day of the WSOP Tour $7500 main event is also today in Tunica and also they're hoping some of the players who were in Australia make it for tomorrow.
Think he meant why so few texts

I thought this was interesting:

Sun Jan 20 13:15:41 PST 2008The Dragon Put to the TestDavid "The Dragon" Pham raises from late position to 575, and Edson Putrus intends to call from the small blind when
he accidentally throws out an orange chip (1,000)
instead of a purple chip (500). A floorperson is called over, and rules it to be a raise to 1,075. Pham takes advantage of the situation by reraising another 2,000 or 3,000, and Putrus calls.The flop comes
:club::D:D
, Putrus checks, Pham bets 3,000, and Putrus moves all in for 20,325. Pham tanks for about two minutes before he folds, and Putrus takes the pot.Toto Leonidas (sitting across the table) asks Pham what he had, and Pham says he folded pocket eights.

I assume that CardPlayer's people don't know that throwing an oversized chip into the pot is a call. Because, if a floorperson made the wrong ruling here, I'm sure that the players would have said something about it.

I thought this was interesting:

Sun Jan 20 13:15:41 PST 2008

I assume that CardPlayer's people don't know that throwing an oversize chip into the pot is a call. Because, if a floorperson made the wrong ruling here, I'm sure that the players would have said something about it.

Maybe its different for certain tournaments. Moneymaker did the same thing at the ME this year on ESPN... he had a flush draw on the turn and threw out a chip to call, but he threw out too much and the floor called it a min-raise. Then the guy went all-in and he folded. Or I think that's how it went down
Maybe its different for certain tournaments. Moneymaker did the same thing at the ME this year on ESPN... he had a flush draw on the turn and threw out a chip to call, but he threw out too much and the floor called it a min-raise. Then the guy went all-in and he folded. Or I think that's how it went down
He used more than one chip. It was just a mis-count on his part.