Hey Guys,Just wondering about this hand, happened to me 2 times today, should I play it differently in the future?Button, appeared to be a very very loose aggresive player.NormPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Hero ($12.60)UTG ($14.25)MP1 ($50.70)MP2 ($14.50)CO ($70.20)Button ($16.05)SB ($18.50)Preflop: Hero is BB with kh.gif, qd.gif. 3 folds, CO calls $0.50, Button raises to $1.5, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1.Flop: ($4.75) kd.gif, qs.gif, 4h.gif(3 players)Hero bets $5, CO folds, Button raises to $10, Hero raises to $11.1, Button calls $1.10.Turn: ($26.95) ah.gif(2 players)River: ($26.95) jd.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $26.95Results in white below: Hero has Kh Qd (two pair, kings and queens). Button has Ks As (two pair, aces and kings). Outcome: Button wins $26.95.

rough, I say that's unlucky. I'll let the regulars pick apart your betting as I'm still learning but I think it was a good shove.

I don't understand why these hands always get posted.You got all the money in as an 85% favourite. What's the problem?
Still trying to learn the game, so I was wondering what the "pro's" think, as I appear to keep losing these hands.Norm

Simple fold to the flop min-raise, you are almost never ahead here, top two pair is good in some situations but it's obviously not good here, any hand that you're ahead of is gonna have a tonne of equity so you should just fold and wait for a better spot.You should also have raised for info somewhere in the hand, in NLHE you've got to define your hand and get information to make better decisions on later streets.

Still trying to learn the game, so I was wondering what the "pro's" think, as I appear to keep losing these hands.Norm
You got your money in as a huge favourite. If you get your money in with the best hand you should be happy, regardless of the results.
Simple fold to the flop min-raise, you are almost never ahead here, top two pair is good in some situations but it's obviously not good here, any hand that you're ahead of is gonna have a tonne of equity so you should just fold and wait for a better spot.You should also have raised for info somewhere in the hand, in NLHE you've got to define your hand and get information to make better decisions on later streets.
Please ignore all of this, OP. Sheiky, no need to joke around about stuff that a new guy looking for genuine help might think is legitimate advice.BRB with thoughts here.Okay, back. Why are you sitting at 50NL with 12 dollars? Is this out of your bankroll or did you just not rebuy before the hand? Always try to stay at the max buy in.I don't like your preflop play much. I think if the button is going to raise greater than 10 percent of your stack from the button, you're better off either folding (which I'd never do here) or raising and taking it down or getting it in. In this particular instance, you'd be dominated, but a lot of times a button raise doesn't necessarily mean much.I don't love your pot-sized lead on the flop in this spot. You don't leave the villains much option; either fold or have a hand. Keep in mind, I'm not saying never lead strong from OOP into the raiser. I'm saying because you have 11 dollars left, your bet commits you, so they have to have something to continue. I think I'd probably either lead it fairly weak or check because your chips are all going into the middle in this specific spot > 99% of the time.Lastly, you got your money in as a huge favorite. Every single time you get your money in as a huge favorite, you win, regardless of whether you actually win or lose. In this hand, you're roughly an 88% favorite to win the hand. So, 9 out of 10 times, you're going to win this pot. 1 out of 10 you're going to lose it. This is profitable for you in the long run. You're going to win a 24 dollar pot 9 times for + 216 and you're going to lose a 24 dollar pot 1 time for - 24. If you continuously get it in in this situation, you'll make 192 over 10 hands, or 19.2 per hand.If someone has a link to Sklansky Bucks, now is the time to post it.Also, don't rely on my math to be accurate, but the concepts are correct and the math is close enough to pass elementary arithmetic.

Sorry OP i'm just a bit life-tilted right now, like Naismith said don't take any of that seriously, and remember that 'raising for info' and 'waiting for better spots' are common misconceptions that many/most people on FCP are against.

Thanks for the replies guys! Really helps me a lot.As for the $12 I didn't rebuy before this hand (maybe I should have).For the maths I was 86% favorite on the flop, I was more currious about what you guys thinked about how I played it.And trust me I can take some, almost have an elephants skin ;)Thanks guys,Norm

the 12 dollars thing is not an excuse. its just plain stupid.No offence, since you are a beginner, i'll let you know its very stupid to play a hand like this with 24bb's. you have to invest your stack here, its 12 bucks at a .50 game. Its pointless to post this hand because, even if the board was K,x,x you still get all your chips in.why? because you have 24bb;s. thats why. You need to rebuy, reload. whatever. If you want to play a short stack strategy, you'l need to wait for better hands, and you'll need to stop calling raises out of position.Basically what we're all saying is this hand plays itself because of your stack size. Its a No brainer, and Infact, it really doesnt require any strategy discussion because its for such a small amount in relation to your current limit.If you didnt relaod in time, I understand, but there is no need to post the hand then, because then you should understand that its a no brainer decision, but since you did post the hand, I assume you didnt opt to reload for a reason. The reason being you have little money online to play with.if thats the case, I suggest playing a lower limit where you can keep buying in for the fullamount. or to just stop worrying about hands like this all together.

Hey Guys,Just wondering about this hand, happened to me 2 times today, should I play it differently in the future? [/color]
KQ is the worst of the "good hands" to CALL a raise with. I don't mind being the one doing the raising with it. You're behind approximately 1,000 Ax hands and pocket pairs.
o actually i fold or re-raise preflop
Stopped reading when I read, "Button raises", Hero calls with "KQ".Fold preflop.
KQ is the worst of the "good hands" to CALL a raise with. I don't mind being the one doing the raising with it. You're behind approximately 1,000 Ax hands and pocket pairs.
Pretty much... I'm in the same boat with A-Q as well... I *rarely* call with these hands preflop. I'll threebet before I call a raise with them easy.
Pretty much... I'm in the same boat with A-Q as well... I *rarely* call with these hands preflop. I'll threebet before I call a raise with them easy.
AQ is villain dependent. It's shocking to see how many people over value a suited AJ preflop and then hang tough when they hit their ace on the flop.