3/6 Full Tilt Kk Checkup Hand

Preflop: Hero is dealt K :D K :club: in SB.2 folds, MP1 calls, 1 fold, Hi-Jack calls, CO raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hi-Jack calls, CO caps, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Hi-Jack calls.Flop: 8 :) Q :D 3 :D($51 in pot)Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hi-Jack folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 folds, CO calls.Turn: T :D($72 in pot)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.River: 4 :)($84 in pot)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.Reads: MP1 is loose passive.Hi-Jack is playing his 2nd hand.CO calls loosely preflop with marginal hands, and is kinda call stationish, haven't seen them raising much at all preflop, mostly only calling raises.

Why did you 3-bet the flop then check the turn and river? That makes no sense to me.
I agree.The reason we 3-bet this flop is to 1) get more money in the pot, and 2) to decide what our action on the turn will be, based on the villain's reaction. In this case, the villain did not cap the betting on the flop, which IMO means we have to keep the lead on the turn, especially on this dry board. **The difference between this hand and navybuttons' example is that in navy's example, the villain capped the betting on the flop, in which case he was right to slow down on the turn and river.

If he has a set he caps this flop. My money is on AQ. If you are going to 3 bet the flop, you have to at the least lead the turn.

My read is that this villain wouldn't cap AQ preflop. I really hated the flop and felt like I was behind already before the action even transpired. After preflop I had the villain on AA/KK/QQ and maybe TT/JJ/AK. I 3-bet because I felt like anything else was too weak (which is not the reason you should do anything), and I wanted to charge MP1 as much as possible if he had a draw. After getting MP1 to fold, I was content to call down, if that makes any sense. The only hands I'm ahead of on the flop from the preflop range I had are TT-JJ, which I don't think they're aggressive enough to raise on the Q high flop, and AK, which is also nearly impossible from the flop action unless they have Ah Kh.With all of that said about my read, how do you think I should play the flop? Should I ever check/call for 1-bet, check/fold for 2?

If he has a set he caps this flop. My money is on AQ. If you are going to 3 bet the flop, you have to at the least lead the turn.
I disagree, many players will flat-call here in position with strong hands (including myself many times) so that you will lead the turn and they can raise when the betting limits increase. Since it seems like I could easily have AA/KK/AQ here to villain, any of those are strong enough to call down after a turn raise and make the wait until turn to raise line often more profitable than capping the flop and having the guy check/call down turn/river bets.