if they had a time penalty in the eliminator they couldnt finish properly unless they made them stand and wait a few seconds after they fall off
or they could just add the penalty to there ending time i suppose
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw that it was on as i was trying to find a show to watch and I couldn't get past Hulk Hogan talking. I started to watch when the black chick was trying to run through all the gladiators. Saw her get ten points then it was on to joust and between the hulk saying brother 500 times and them showing the replay 4 times and then seeing the gladiator laying out on the platform made me turn the channel and not look back.I think it had so much potential but need to get rid of Hogan.I might give it another try the next time i see it's on, but for now I am dissappointed.

So I saw that it was on as i was trying to find a show to watch and I couldn't get past Hulk Hogan talking. I started to watch when the black chick was trying to run through all the gladiators. Saw her get ten points then it was on to joust and between the hulk saying brother 500 times and them showing the replay 4 times and then seeing the gladiator laying out on the platform made me turn the channel and not look back.I think it had so much potential but need to get rid of Hogan.I might give it another try the next time i see it's on, but for now I am dissappointed.
Hogan isn't the worst part, trust me. You kinda get used to him. The bad part is how retarded the contestants act, with all there stupid little catch phrases and being lame. I'm quite sure that they make them act that way, but it doesn't make it easier to watch.
mmm, Crush...That is all.edit: Women's Eliminator sucked balls tonight. "ooh, someone has a 16 second head start, I wonder who's going to win."
Just found this thread now. My opinions on the show so far:The enitre show is the end of the eliminator. Which I understand for ratings, but basically someone could dominate the entire competition and have that travellater thing cost them the match. 16 second lead is definitely not insurmountable. Except the person who could make up such a deficit wouldn't be behind by 32 points to begin with. Also I agree with complaints about no penalties. It really seems a lot quicker to fall off the handbike and climb back up.Other events:Powerball- I agree is a little worse now. Small playing field, and those containers that let guys shoot jump shots are a little silly.The new bridge event- Kinda stupid IMO. Didn't take long to figure out staying low is an easy 6-8 points.Hang Tough- Not enough room either.Joust, Wall, and Assault- About the same I guess.Pyramid- I don't really like, just because I think the gladiators have a huge advantage. Seems like usually no one scores.I find it a little intriguing the winners get to become 'gladiators' for next season. The gladiators, especially the men, are pretty damn big. And unlike the old school AG, where the football built-type guys would succeed in events like powerball, joust, human cannonball, B&Q, etc, in this new show, it seems the quick, agile guys are succeeding, racking up points in the wall, the bridge game, and especially the eliminator.Obviously I'm still watching. A 3some with Venom and Crush would be pretty awesome.

Now that the first season is done. I'd like to see the following:Make the Hang Tough course bigger.Replace Assault with a different event.Not sure on Earthquake yet.Penalty for falling off the handbike in The EliminatorInstant disqualification for falling to 2 knees on Joust. Crush should have knocked that bitch senseless but she kept going down to 2 knees.Lower the balls on Hit and Run so you can't duck.All female Gladiators and some contestants must compete naked. Yes, even Helga. Especially Helga.

Now that the first season is done. I'd like to see the following:Make the Hang Tough course bigger.Replace Assault with a different event.Not sure on Earthquake yet.Penalty for falling off the handbike in The EliminatorInstant disqualification for falling to 2 knees on Joust. Crush should have knocked that bitch senseless but she kept going down to 2 knees.Lower the balls on Hit and Run so you can't duck.All female Gladiators and some contestants must compete naked. Yes, even Helga. Especially Helga.
I agree with all of this except disqualifcation for joust should happen if just 1 knee touches the ground.
Agreed.Except Assault should just have a longer time limit. The old one used to have them getting to the finish line on a semi regular basis.And I say just get rid of hit n run.
I would settle for more things being on fire.
Now that the first season is done. I'd like to see the following:Make the Hang Tough course bigger.Replace Assault with a different event.Not sure on Earthquake yet. Penalty for falling off the handbike in The EliminatorInstant disqualification for falling to 2 knees on Joust. Crush should have knocked that bitch senseless but she kept going down to 2 knees.Lower the balls on Hit and Run so you can't duck.All female Gladiators and some contestants must compete naked. Yes, even Helga. Especially Helga.
1) It used to be at least twice as big and the platform was as well.2) Good god, NO! This is classic Gladiators. If they don't have as much time as before, then extend it like Kurt said.3) Same4) I managed to watch some old episodes on ESPNClassic, they used to have a penalty for falling off.5) Bob already mentioned one knee - I believe this happened once or twice in the 90's, but I'm not sure (and the Wikipedia page doesn't help.) I need to watch more, but only one TV in my house has ESPNC (Fuck Comcast and Digital Cable.)6) Meh. Figure out the timing of the swings and you can cross without a problem if you can run in a freaking straight line.7) WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 'Nuff said.
I agree with all of this except disqualifcation for joust should happen if just 1 knee touches the ground.
I don't mind the one knee as long as the attempt to get it up again is made immediately. None of this pussy footing and waiting until the right time.
Agreed.Except Assault should just have a longer time limit. The old one used to have them getting to the finish line on a semi regular basis.And I say just get rid of hit n run.
Assault bores me. 100 pound balls knocking people senseless is just good tv. Maybe take the tennis ball gun from Assault and give it to the Gladiators in Hit and Run instead.
  • 1 year later...