Is 25 Buy-ins Enough?

...for NL Hold'em ring and 6-max games? I'm trying to eliminate as best as possible even the smallest risk of having to drop limits or lose my bankroll.
It depends. If you are at low limits and crushing the game, 15 is sufficient.

You can't eliminate the possibility of going broke unless you play with an infinite roll.Besides unless poker is your sole source of income you don't have a bankroll you have a budget.

You can't eliminate the possibility of going broke unless you play with an infinite roll.Besides unless poker is your sole source of income you don't have a bankroll you have a budget.
I think everyone is referring to lowering you're risk of going broke by way of being rolled deeper for the level you are playing at.
I'm on a >30 buyin downswing playing PLO at the moment. So, I'd say that 25 buyins is probably not enough for PLO.
I hate PLO. 25 is good for moving up the limits. Take shots at 18-20. When you play for a living, 45 is a must.
When you say 'play for a living', do you mean that rent etc is being taken out of your bankroll? My bankroll is completely seperate from any expenses - I never withdraw from it. So is 25-30 enough?
if you're willing to move down, 2 BI's is theoretically enough.you mentioned in the OP that you don't want to move down. then have 40 BIs.why would you need 2x the bankroll if you were pro?

it depends on what type of life you live and games/style you play !i have 100 buy ins for my live game only because i am happy playing at that limit and it +ev for me and my skill level