Kk In The 100k

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Button (t3080)Hero (t2920)BB (t2970)UTG (t2760)UTG+1 (t2990)MP1 (t3230)MP2 (t2970)MP3 (t2910)CO (t3170)Preflop: Hero is SB with kd.gif, ks.gif. 4 folds, MP3 calls t20, CO calls t20, Button calls t20, Hero raises to t120, 1 fold, MP3 folds, CO calls t100, Button calls t100.Flop: (t400) jd.gif, jc.gif, 6c.gif(3 players)Hero bets t250, CO folds, Button calls t250.Turn: (t900) 8d.gif(2 players)Hero bets t450, Button calls t450.River: (t1800) qc.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t500, Hero calls t500.Final Pot: t2800Thoughts on every strett appreciated, should i check this river? should i bet more on the flop/turn?

PF: I wouldn't mind a little larger raise with 3limpers ahead of you. But 120 is good.Flop: I think we need to bet a bit more to get the possible flush draws to be drawing incorrectly to it.Turn: Bet more. Your half pot could look like weakness.River: We have to be good less than 30% of the time to make this +ev. I call.

I think pf raise is fine, maybe a little more would have gotten you heads up but impossible to know.I would have bet $300 on the flop but if button is chasing a flush, I don't know that the extra $50 discourages him.I think you need to bet at least $600 on the turn.The river bet smells. He's flat called you twice now he's betting weak into an ugly board. We're probably beat but calling anyway. If he had a J I think he might at least raise on the turn (if not the flop) to protect against a flush. Or he's sure you bet OOP because you wanted protection from the flush and he's not worried about it.Random guess at his hand -- 910cc or JQsooted

by the turn i'm pretty scared so I would not want to over-commit myself to the pot. OP's turn bet is pretty much based on the same idea. I would bet maybe 600 tho not any more than that.

^Yeh that was my thinking, i thought for sure he would raise the turn or river but i felt i couldn't check behind

I'd ask for a read but at 10/20, there's none.Generally, I'd pot-bet the flop and the turn to charge the draw, and if villain makes the -EV calldown to chase a flush, or flips over AJ or some other Jx, so be it. But given it's early, villain likely lets it go against a big flop bet unless he has Jx or a big pair, or made an unlikely preflop donk-call with 66. I'd pound the villain with bets to find out.

I'd ask for a read but at 10/20, there's none.Generally, I'd pot-bet the flop and the turn to charge the draw, and if villain makes the -EV calldown to chase a flush, or flips over AJ or some other Jx, so be it. But given it's early, villain likely lets it go against a big flop bet unless he has Jx or a big pair, or made an unlikely preflop donk-call with 66. I'd pound the villain with bets to find out.
actually i think our turn bet is awesome. 450 accomplishes three things so well here.1) We get value out of lower pp's that we beat.2) We still charge him quite a bit actually to draw to a flush.3) We can still root out that jack. I really love OP's 450 bet.
actually i think our turn bet is awesome. 450 accomplishes three things so well here.1) We get value out of lower pp's that we beat.2) We still charge him quite a bit actually to draw to a flush.3) We can still root out that jack. I really love OP's 450 bet.
True on all counts. As played, the turn bet is right on. I'd still have potted the flop, tho.
So you were nervous after the flop but still called the river? Can you explain that a little more?
Question: Is your line on the turn bet/fold, bet/call (assuming his raise is a shove), or bet/call check/call (assuming his turn raise isnt all in)?
I got staked into this tournament, and when i play on other people's money i always get nervous that i'll **** up, especialy as i haven't cashed on enough people's stakes so far. Once he bet 500 into a 1800 pot or w/e, there's no way i'm folding in this tournament (if you've ever played the 100k you'll know how donkish it is). I also didn't think he had a very strong hand here because the way he played it didn't make sense. I think if he had a jack or he flopped a full house he would raise my turn bet because me betting twice in this spot signifies i have something which will call a raise. However, if he did flat call both the flop and turn with a monster, he's not betting 500 on the river because he'd want to get way more value from his hand(when my turn bet signals i have something i can call with).If he shoved the turn, i think i may have called because there's now way he's shoving three jacks in this spot. If he made a smaller raise though, i would probably have folded. If for whatever reason i didn't think he had after he raised my turn bet, i would def push all in instead of flat calling and seeing a river card.
  • 2 weeks later...

I shove all in on the turn.He's either got the J or the boat. You are not going to be folding, and you might push out a flush draw.I could also see them sitting with TT or QQ here, possibly even AA. Of course you might just have a mega donkey too...looks like you did.Have to win with your good hands on mtts. Just shove.

In these double-stack tourneys, people are coming in with lots of scrap (unsuited connectors, any two high cards, low PP's, etc.) so your raise to 120 with two limpers isn't quite enough to weed out hands that will hit a raggy flop. I'd raise to 150-180 to try and limit the callers to 1 or two people.The rest of the betting is OK, I guess, although I'd say it's pretty easy to put the guy on a flush draw (less likely is trip J's) and the crying call at the end is nearly pointless.

Thanks for the replies.Villain had T6:D
lolol given the odds on the river, it's pretty much an instacall, even if you don't like it. LOLOL given that its the 100G its an insta insta instacall. the odds for playing against a donk are > 30% so you basically have to call.
I got staked into this tournament, and when i play on other people's money i always get nervous that i'll **** up, especialy as i haven't cashed on enough people's stakes so far. Once he bet 500 into a 1800 pot or w/e, there's no way i'm folding in this tournament (if you've ever played the 100k you'll know how donkish it is). I also didn't think he had a very strong hand here because the way he played it didn't make sense. I think if he had a jack or he flopped a full house he would raise my turn bet because me betting twice in this spot signifies i have something which will call a raise. However, if he did flat call both the flop and turn with a monster, he's not betting 500 on the river because he'd want to get way more value from his hand(when my turn bet signals i have something i can call with).If he shoved the turn, i think i may have called because there's now way he's shoving three jacks in this spot. If he made a smaller raise though, i would probably have folded. If for whatever reason i didn't think he had after he raised my turn bet, i would def push all in instead of flat calling and seeing a river card.
I've never played the $100K so I'm not familiar with the play. My question is if it's full of donks, isn't it hard to then rely on what he "should" have done if he knew how to read your bets? Since I know the results, my guess would be he said "he led out so he doesn't have a J and probably isn't on a FD or he'd want to see free cards, I am going to donk-bluff by calling all his bets and weak leading the river to rep a J or flush." Since I play lower limits, I also see players with Jx play this hand the exact same way. Your chat box probably lit up with him berating you for calling his river bet, too.What did you put him on by the river? Did you think it was a crying call?
That's a joke right?
Yes, it was a joke. But if you have a flush in villain's spot, you're folding to a check-raise, right? Obviously, it's not a great play in a donkament, but it's still worth thinking about.
I've never played the $100K so I'm not familiar with the play. My question is if it's full of donks, isn't it hard to then rely on what he "should" have done if he knew how to read your bets? Since I know the results, my guess would be he said "he led out so he doesn't have a J and probably isn't on a FD or he'd want to see free cards, I am going to donk-bluff by calling all his bets and weak leading the river to rep a J or flush." Since I play lower limits, I also see players with Jx play this hand the exact same way. Your chat box probably lit up with him berating you for calling his river bet, too.What did you put him on by the river? Did you think it was a crying call?
That's a good question and you're right to some extent, however, i think that no matter how bad people play, in general they all have tendencies to do one thing or another. Here, i thought that his play didn't make sense to me as a donkey playing a big hand retardedly, granted that meant i didn't have a clue what he had, but i thought he's more likely playing a bad hand retardedly over a strong hand moronically.It was more of a "WTF do you have?" call than a crying call tbh because i had absolutely no idea of his hand.