Bottom 2, 150 Bbs Deep, Stars 1/2 Nl

Villain was a 15/12 pretty standard TAG, got stacked with KK/AA, then about 5 orbits later I check and he's near 20/15.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)BB ($84.85)UTG ($232.70)MP ($350.85)Hero ($693.90)Button ($100.95)SB ($82.55)Preflop: Hero is CO with :D, :D. 1 fold, MP raises to $8, Hero calls $8, Button calls $8, SB calls $7, BB calls $6.Flop: ($40) :D, :club:, :D(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, MP bets $20, Hero raises to $65, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP raises to $342.85

Villain was a 15/12 pretty standard TAG, got stacked with KK/AA, then about 5 orbits later I check and he's near 20/15.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)BB ($84.85)UTG ($232.70)MP ($350.85)Hero ($693.90)Button ($100.95)SB ($82.55)Preflop: Hero is CO with :D, :D. 1 fold, MP raises to $8, Hero calls $8, Button calls $8, SB calls $7, BB calls $6.Flop: ($40) :D, :club:, :D(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, MP bets $20, Hero raises to $65, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP raises to $342.85
Call, cry/kick the cat/throw mouse against the wall when he counterfeits/runner runners quads.

I don't think he plays KK that fast (there's another raise interval in there for him with top set I'm sure) and you beat everything else.Snap call and I'm gonna check the challege thread and see what's up.

I think it is a dangerous call, you are most likely ahead but it is a weak hand, I would have to call, AK he wouldn't have bet so much, KK he would have sucked you in, you are just over 50% if he has Kh Xh, you have to go with your gut on this one

I think it is a dangerous call, you are most likely ahead but it is a weak hand, I would have to call, AK he wouldn't have bet so much, KK he would have sucked you in, you are just over 50% if he has Kh Xh, you have to go with your gut on this one
Doesn't matter. You're ahead of everything except KK and flipping or WA of everything else. Snap call.

Everyone says we're only behind KK. Does no one include 66, 99 in his range? Less likely since OP holds both a six and a nine, but I think many players play any set this way.

Everyone says we're only behind KK. Does no one include 66, 99 in his range? Less likely since OP holds both a six and a nine, but I think many players play any set this way.
There was a little bit more discussion in the challenge thread (of general poker) on this one. It's kind of rough because a lot of the better players post their hands there instead of here, so you have to look in there a lot for hands too, but there are some great pieces of information in that thread.Not that I like pimping people to leave NL Strat but, you can help your game by reading through there (I actually think you post in there, you might have just missed the discussion). Basically he could have those other sets but those are case cards out and it's just a super cooler. If he's open raising K6/k9ss the only suited combination is spades, because there is a K club on board, we have them in dia and the hearts are out there. This is way more likely to be a tilting guy shoving a flush draw, AK, AA, or something worse.The results were that he shoved KQo and hero won a big pot.
The results were that he shoved KQo and hero won a big pot.
Don't forget the Ah coming on the river and me slamming my mouse down prematurely
Don't forget the Ah coming on the river and me slamming my mouse down prematurely
Lol, yeah, because by now all you beat is KQo :/Running better lately? (Aside from live, saw the trip report, lollerskates)
I don't think he plays KK that fast (there's another raise interval in there for him with top set I'm sure) and you beat everything else.Snap call and I'm gonna check the challege thread and see what's up.
why wouldnt he? you would.anyways, obv brag post at OP trying to save a little face from his vegas bust out.Teddy trying to show us he is a winning player but u give off tells like a 12 year old russian prostitute. end thread/also, fold preflop.6,9suited is such trash. honest to god trash to play that way.
he means instead of goingall in. he reraises.
Yeah, stack sizes are pretty awkwardly large and the board isn't draw-heavy enough for me to feel the need to make a huge overbet shove here, so I'd just put in another raise of like 3x his raise and then call if he shoves.
also, fold preflop.6,9suited is such trash. honest to god trash to play that way.
I agree that folding pre-flop is preferred, but I don't think it's crazy to call in that spot against a TAG depending on how he plays post-flop...you'll be able to take the pot away pretty frequently. Maybe not as much when he's tilting, but then your implied odds go up.I'm not frequently a fan of bottom two against heavy action and don't think it's a mistake to regularly throw it away in such scenarios, but in this particular case, Stove says this...Hand 0: 46.337% 46.33% 00.00% 23853 1.50 { KK+, 99, 66, AKs, AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, KQs, KhJh, KhTh, K9s, QhJh, QhTh, JhTh, Th8h, 8h7h, 7h5h, AKo, KQo, K9o }Hand 1: 53.663% 53.66% 00.00% 27624 1.50 { 9d6d }Yeah, we're essentially "flipping", but considering all of the money in the pot, we only need to be 39%, so yeah...this is a pretty clear call.
I agree that folding pre-flop is preferred, but I don't think it's crazy to call in that spot against a TAG depending on how he plays post-flop...you'll be able to take the pot away pretty frequently. Maybe not as much when he's tilting, but then your implied odds go up.I'm not frequently a fan of bottom two against heavy action and don't think it's a mistake to regularly throw it away in such scenarios, but in this particular case, Stove says this...Hand 0: 46.337% 46.33% 00.00% 23853 1.50 { KK+, 99, 66, AKs, AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, KQs, KhJh, KhTh, K9s, QhJh, QhTh, JhTh, Th8h, 8h7h, 7h5h, AKo, KQo, K9o }Hand 1: 53.663% 53.66% 00.00% 27624 1.50 { 9d6d }Yeah, we're essentially "flipping", but considering all of the money in the pot, we only need to be 39%, so yeah...this is a pretty clear call.
ya, HU is different tho,, we saw this flop 5 handed.