game with some local college students. most are terrible but think that they are good. they wear hooded sweatshirts, mostly - not party poker gear.villain, however, is a good TAG. he plays a lot online at $100 nl and is more than capable of reading his opponents. he's better than I am. we've been playing for about 40 minutes and he probably views me as a TAG of sorts as I haven't been involved in many hands (we've played a fair amount of hands, as we use two decks to move the game along). the only showdown I've seen involved a straight I 3-bet shoved on the flop which eventually lost to a set. I start the hand with $26 and villain covershero is dealt [K :diamond: K :heart:] UTGHero raises to $1UTG+1 calls $12 foldsVillain (button) raises to $62 foldsHero calls $51 foldFlop ($13.75)T :D 9 :D 4 :club: Hero tanks for a minute, bets $20 and is all-intoo tricky by donkshoving?go for a c/r ai?4bet pf?

r/r PFI like the flop play. Makes it look like an overcards hand (AKo, AQo, etc) that wants to end the hand right away by not allowing the straight or flush to get there. If he's familiar with this play and has any piece of the flop, he'll probably call you.

You're not really deep stacked enough to do much more than a bet ranging from Pot Sized to Push - only $7 difference between the two. You never really stated what hand you put him on or what action you're looking to induce. I think the Shove is more likely to get him to Fold than Call.

You never really stated what hand you put him on or what action you're looking to induce. I think the Shove is more likely to get him to Fold than Call.
well, I wanted to see if I could find anyone else thinking like me before I commented.I put him on strength - because I'm raising from UTG, and I'm TAGgish, he's not going to 3-bet, even in position, without a big hand. I figure he's got the usual suspects; either AK/AQ, MAYBE AJs, or TT+. I know that he's capable of making a big laydown if the situation warrants it. If I 4-bet preflop then I'm sure he's folding those hands which I'm beating, including QQ. A very good player reads my image like so, "He's tight, and just raised UTG...and reraised me? Obviously he has aces or kings, so my queens are no good."This is probably the 5% of the time where I don't 4-bet pf with kings.I figured that I'm stacking off to aces no matter what. But rather than get it all in preflop against them, I'd like to take a flop and try to stack those hands which I can. By shoving this particular board I did indeed represent strength, but that strength could indicate anything from 44 to QJc to JJ. As villain, what do you do with JJ or QQ? He's in a tough spot now, but if I make a similar move preflop then he's got an easy laydown with jacks, and a relatively straightforward one with queens. I also didn't want to give him a free card, if he was indeed raising light pf and had some sort of draw here.

He took the lead preflop and is almost assuredly going to continue here..I c/r all in and get value from AK/AQ because hes obv not calling your donkbet shove w/ those hands

I don't think you NEED to re-raise PF.I might be tempted to CRAI on the flop if I knew he'd bet, which, if he raised PF, he's likely gonna.I lose my $ to AA here, and obv a set.
The reason you need to reraise preflop is that you can't lose to a set. You only lose to AA, and since you're fine losing to AA in this situation, RRing preflop is the correct play. We get more money in when we're WA and we're going broke if we're WB anyway, so get it in preflop when we're usually WA.