Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB ($2.05)UTG ($8.30)MP ($3.95)Hero ($10.10)SB ($5.70)Preflop: Hero is Button with jh.gif, ad.gif. UTG raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, 1 fold.Flop: ($1.15) 7h.gif, 3d.gif, ac.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG bets $0.9, Hero folds, SB calls $0.90.Turn: ($2.95) as.gif(2 players)SB bets $0.1, UTG raises to $0.8, SB folds.Final Pot: $3.15Again, playing on a limited bankroll and i'm wondering if this fold is a really bad/weak play. PF aswell i guess.These tables are pretty passive and people seem to mean it when they bet pot, still, is this really weak?

I just threw up in my mouth a little.You called a preflop raise from an UTG player with AJo? That's a pretty big mistake. You flop the Ace and fold to a standard continuation bet from the preflop raiser.WTF!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?Is there any logic to explain either of the moves in this hand?

Hmmm, bankroll issue then? When the £ is so much stronger that the $, c'mon man dominate them!Kidding aside, I think you have been too passive pre and post flop. Preflop I re-raise with AJ 5-handed unless I'm up against a complete rock of an original raiser. Flop as played I'm calling. Had you re-raised and got called pre I'd raise again here. This could very easily be AT or less in a 5 handed game. Or a defensive bet from KK,QQ who would be sure of his hand when 2nd A hit.Disclaimer: I'd play AJ a lot slower in a full-ring

Hmmm, bankroll issue then? When the £ is so much stronger that the $, c'mon man dominate them!Kidding aside, I think you have been too passive pre and post flop. Preflop I re-raise with AJ 5-handed unless I'm up against a complete rock of an original raiser. Flop as played I'm calling. Had you re-raised and got called pre I'd raise again here. This could very easily be AT or less in a 5 handed game. Or a defensive bet from KK,QQ who would be sure of his hand when 2nd A hit.Disclaimer: I'd play AJ a lot slower in a full-ring
Even reraising an UTG player with AJ here isn't a good move. Most players have decent UTG standards and AJ is in bad shape against those ranges. Unless he's been opening a lot of pots, I'd just fold this, but if he had, then I'd reraise.Calling is the worst option preflop and the best option on the flop.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.You called a preflop raise from an UTG player with AJo? That's a pretty big mistake. You flop the Ace and fold to a standard continuation bet from the preflop raiser.WTF!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?Is there any logic to explain either of the moves in this hand?
Right, if you are calling here why fold when you hit?
Its shorthanded and at low limits, I think you're giving him way too much credit for his UTG standards. The flop fold is obviously terrible.
You give up absolutely nothing by folding AJo every time a player raises UTG. Yes, they might be raising with a worse hand, but they often have a better one. We will not get paid off unless we hit a very special flop that also hits our opponent, but we will often wind up paying them off when we flop an A with a worse kicker.It's just not a profitable situation to call with AJo here.
You give up absolutely nothing by folding AJo every time a player raises UTG. Yes, they might be raising with a worse hand, but they often have a better one. We will not get paid off unless we hit a very special flop that also hits our opponent, but we will often wind up paying them off when we flop an A with a worse kicker.It's just not a profitable situation to call with AJo here.
A little Gap Theory anyone?

I find at $10NL most people have no sense of position so I think calling preflop is ok 5-handed, the preflop decision is made alot easier if we had some stats/reads on UTG.Flop is definitely a call, folding is very weak/tight. If he bets another 3/4 pot bet on the turn I'll probably fold.