I Hate My Car

About five years ago gramps bought me a 1989 jeep Commanche, I wasn't thrilled about the truck but it was a gift and it definitely was better than the piece of crap oldsmobile cutlass i was driving(when it ran). The car actually was in great condition when he bought it, i had never seen a commanche that was kept in such good shape(because usually when you see them they are thrashed) and to top it off it only had 48 thousand miles on the car. To make a long story short I have had an unbelievable amount of problems with the car and I just keep having to put money in to it. It is just not worth the amount of money I have to put in to it all the time. I decided i am going to cut my losses and get a newer used car.With my credit being crappy my fiannce and I plan on adding a loan to her current loan on her Honda, with me just giving her the money each month. The problem is the amount she qualifies for isn't very much ~14k. I really wanted to get a new full sized truck but that just isn't possible right now so i am going to have to settle for a car.So the question is, if you had 14k to spend on a car what would look for? The only prerequisites I have are it must seat more than two people(another reason Commanche is retarded) and have relatively few miles as I would like something that hasn't pounded a 100 thousand miles of concrete already.Which website is the best to find used vehicles?

omg rickrolled
OMGI know so awesomeit hasn't happened in so long that I actually listened to the entire song all the way throug
So the question is, if you had 14k to spend on a car what would look for?
An eight thousand dollar car. Seriously. That sum isn't enough to get something nice, and your credit is shot, so forget the extra and get something plain, durable, and dependable and drive it until you get your lift together better and have credit of your own, a decent job, and a reason and ability to get a new car.
An eight thousand dollar car. Seriously. That sum isn't enough to get something nice, and your credit is shot, so forget the extra and get something plain, durable, and dependable and drive it until you get your lift together better and have credit of your own, a decent job, and a reason and ability to get a new car.
thats the thing whats dependable for 8k
thats the thing whats dependable for 8k
what do you need from a vehicle? good mileage? low insurance rates?room for kids?work considerations? Car and Driver -- 10 Best Cars... winner is the Honda Accord. Edmunds.com -- Dodge Charger / Subaru Legacy Consumer Reports -- you have to subscribe/pick up a magazineMy wife drove a Toyota Corolla that was very nice and a Honda Civic that was great, too.

If you lived near me, I'd sell you my old Jeep Grand Cherokee for cheap. It's VERY reliable, but it needs new electrical (points/plugs/etc) which should be a couple hundred. It's got some idiosyncrasies, like warnings that beep even though there is nothing wrong, and the display on the radio doesn't always work. Oh, and the AC needs repair. But other than that, it's a great car. 1994, with 110K miles on it. Last time I tried selling it was the first time gas prices spiked, so people were spooked of SUVs. It's still a gas hog, but hey, you gotta pick your tradeoffs in life.I'd let it go for $3500, it'll probably run another 10 years if you take care of it.You don't know anyone you trust getting rid of a car? Ask around, it seems there's always someone wanting to get rid of a car that's still in good shape.

Thats not true I have only paid over 12K for a car once in my life and I've had 3 BMW's a Mercedes two toyota and a Land RoverMy 2003 Mercedes C230 was 12K.image_1.png

So OP, you're going to ask your fiance to put a car loan in her name, and you simply asked her how much she could get, rather than asking her once you have picked out a car.I've always thought you were most likely a piece of shit, but now I'd be willing to bet money on it.

So OP, you're going to ask your fiance to put a car loan in her name, and you simply asked her how much she could get, rather than asking her once you have picked out a car.I've always thought you were most likely a piece of shit, but now I'd be willing to bet money on it.
i didn't ask her to get the loan in her name she went to her bank and saw what she could get out of since my credit inst going to get me anything better than the piece of shit i drive, plus i am paying for the loan anyway so i don't see why it matters
Thats not true I have only paid over 12K for a car once in my life and I've had 3 BMW's a Mercedes two toyota and a Land RoverMy 2003 Mercedes C230 was 12K.image_1.png
was somebody raped and murdered inside it?

The new "upcoming" TT-RS from Audi is giving me a boner, since the Porsche Cayman looks like an aborted midget child of the Batmobile. HP in the mid 3's, super sleek design... I want one so bad and I don't think I'm going to be able to wait for a used one and I probably won't be able to afford a new one.What a quandary.

was somebody raped and murdered inside it?
Nope high miles it had 90K, but perfect condition, needed front brakes and has a thumb sized gouge in the rear bumper that looks like could have been made by a piece of rebar, but it does not bother me. It looks identical to the car in the picture, same rims everything. Plus it is the Kompressor so the little 4 cylyder is a supercharged 190hp, gets up and goes perfect for me. Low Blue Booked for about 17,000 at the time I found it on autotrader, brought the guy some cash and a money order that day and drove it home. Car fax was clean and my mechanic said it was solid.If you are not rushed to buy a car you can find a deal, you get screwed when you need a car right now.This is why it amuzes me when peole lease a 50,000 mercedes fro 600-800 a month.
The new "upcoming" TT-RS from Audi is giving me a boner, since the Porsche Cayman looks like an aborted midget child of the Batmobile. HP in the mid 3's, super sleek design... I want one so bad and I don't think I'm going to be able to wait for a used one and I probably won't be able to afford a new one.What a quandary.
I would not have pegged you as a chick car kinda dude. Interesting.