Hawaii brings in QBs that they feel will be successful in their system. It's tough to say if Tebow would be successful in the Hawaii system, but something tells me he would.I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like Tebow has potential to become a legendary college football player, like one of those guys that only comes along every 15-20 years.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like Tebow has potential to become a legendary college football player, like one of those guys that only comes along every 15-20 years.
Well he's done things this year that have never been done before, so I'd say he's on his way.The only thing that pisses me off (as a Florida fan) is that when he goes pro, he's going to suck.
Well he's done things this year that have never been done before, so I'd say he's on his way.The only thing that pisses me off (as a Florida fan) is that when he goes pro, he's going to suck.
He is already better than most the Florida QB's in the NFL, I'm sure the Bears would rather have Tebow than Grossman.

I like Tebow. He's a beast. What I want is for the media to be consistent with their pick...best player, most valuable player to team, or best player on best team. They jump around. And voters refuse to pick Fr or So, but this year it seems they've made up their mind on Tebow. Here's some things to consider.Tebow has 10 TDs rushing of less than 3 yds. 10. If Meyer gives it to the RB's here, are we even having this discussion? He's also a sophmore and has lost 3 games. I don't care about how old he is, but Heisman voters do, and take this into account. The system doesn't matter. It didn't for Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, etc, why is Colt Brennan punished for it? Tebow has done something noone else has done this year. Well, Brennan did last year. And has more TD's than Tebow this year. And his teams undefeated. To say he's out because everyone does it in Hawaii is bullshit. (as much as my racism comment, lol)I go with who means the most to their team (a good team). That puts Brennan and Daniel at the top for me. (obviously dixon pre-injury as well) If you want best player, I have no problem with McFadden or Tebow. I just want the media/voters to be consistent. Thats all.

I take Daniel over Brennan - Daniel plays in a tougher conference, #1 team in the country, AND slightly better stats.Basically, the discussion is over whether you punish a guy for his team losing 3 games and those being HIS worst games as well.

I kinda wish that towel wasn't there.
That would be too much, I'd probably pass out.
Well now that you mention it... he does beat a slight resemblance to Emma Watson.
I wish I could introduce them. Imagine the children.
I like Tebow. He's a beast. What I want is for the media to be consistent with their pick...best player, most valuable player to team, or best player on best team. They jump around. And voters refuse to pick Fr or So, but this year it seems they've made up their mind on Tebow. Here's some things to consider.Tebow has 10 TDs rushing of less than 3 yds. 10. If Meyer gives it to the RB's here, are we even having this discussion? He's also a sophmore and has lost 3 games. I don't care about how old he is, but Heisman voters do, and take this into account. The system doesn't matter. It didn't for Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, etc, why is Colt Brennan punished for it? Tebow has done something noone else has done this year. Well, Brennan did last year. And has more TD's than Tebow this year. And his teams undefeated. To say he's out because everyone does it in Hawaii is bullshit. (as much as my racism comment, lol)I go with who means the most to their team (a good team). That puts Brennan and Daniel at the top for me. (obviously dixon pre-injury as well) If you want best player, I have no problem with McFadden or Tebow. I just want the media/voters to be consistent. Thats all.
But Tebow still has over 850 yards on the ground
He is already better than most the Florida QB's in the NFL, I'm sure the Bears would rather have Tebow than Grossman.
I'm sure the Bears would rather have almost any QB than Grossman. Most (not all) quarterbacks have success at Florida. None (literally, none) have proven themselves in the NFL. Grossman was one of the best quarterbacks ever to play at UF, and look at him now.I'm not saying Tebow won't be a force in the NFL, but if history repeats itself...
I'm not saying Tebow won't be a force in the NFL, but if history repeats itself...
A lot of that was back in Spurriers days where they were system QB's, I think Tebow has a whole different skill set all sorts of teams will want.
I would put up any amount of money against you on this one. Tebow(and many more QBs) would absolutely own if he played in this system. It's not a coincidence that when these guys show up to play football at Hawaii they just turn into million-yard passing QBs.........its all about the system they play in. If Chang and Brennan were so great to begin with they prolly wouldn't have played their college ball at Hawaii.
Guys SHOW UP at Hawaii and TURN INTO million-yard passers?Born in Waipahu, Hawaii, Chang was a 2000 graduate of St. Louis School in Honolulu where he earned three letters each in football and basketball. Chang was selected a prep All-American by eight major organizations and publications. As a member of the St. Louis School football team, Chang completed 491 passes for 8,115 yards and 114 touchdowns in his three-year career.Colt Brennan backed up Matt Leinart in high school so his HS stats aren't horribly impressive, but he WALKED ON at Colorado. Obv Tebow could have done the same, but not many guys are going to walk on to a QB position at D-I. You just don't do that. He was kicked off the CU team due to an incident that had something to do with fondling a co-ed, but seriously, who hasn't done that. :club: Brennan transferred to Saddleback Community College in California in 2004 and helped lead the school to a conference championship. He was named honorable mention All-America, state offensive player of the year, and first-team all-conference for his performance that seasonThese guys were solid before they got there. Again, I am NOT arguing for Brennan for the Heisman. He might not even make my top 5, but to completely discount him because of the system he plays in? Much love to ATL Fred