• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy year of college football. Who are you picks for Heisman? After watching the LSU/ARK game i think right now i would give my vote to McFadden.
Tim_Teblow_overly_impressed_with_himself.jpg
I really like McFadden, but it's hard to go against Tebow.

Tebow might lose out for being on a 3 loss team and that he is a sophomore, which don't win the Heisman very often. McFadden is the best player in CFB, but he wasn't doing much earlier this year so he might not be able to pull it out. The two QB's from Miss ans Kansas have a shot at it if they get to the NT game.

After McFadden's second place finish last year and his performances against South Carolina and LSU, I don't see how the voters don't go with him. Tebow has had a great year, but being a sophomore will hurt him in the ballots.

I think Tebow is the frontrunner, but tonight's kansas vs. Missouri game could bring either Daniels or reesing to the attention of the nation, and put them right in the mix. Although I really do like McFadden. I say Tebow wins.

I think Tebow is worthy of the Heisman, but I'd be mad if he won and here's why:When Herschel Walker, Vick, and Adrian Peterson were Fr/So, it was unheard of to give it to an underclassman. So now if the voters give him the Heisman, it stinks of racism to me. But Tebows numbers are impressive, and the media's definitely on Tebow's jock, so he's got a really good shot. What about Brennan or Chase Daniel? I'd vote for them for leading their team to national title contention. Tebow's lost 3 games, 2 of which he should have won EASILY (LSU and Auburn). If you vote best player, its McFadden. If you vote most valuable to the team, its Chase Daniel or Colt Brennan. If you vote on numbers alone, I guess you can justify Tebow and his 10 2 yd TD plunges. Because I want to stay consistent with Heisman history, I'd vote Daniel (if wins Big 12, if not, Brennan), Brennan (or Daniel), #3 McFadden, and #4 Tebow.

When Herschel Walker, Vick, and Adrian Peterson were Fr/So, it was unheard of to give it to an underclassman. So now if the voters give him the Heisman, it stinks of racism to me.
Get the fuck outta here.

<-------The guy right thereOk ok so he doesn't really deserve to win it but he dam well should be getting more attention then the almost none he is right now. Teblow will probably get it because he is the media darling but I would vote for Chase Daniel if he beats Oklahoma.It's a shame that Dennis Dixon got hurt because then there would be no conversation necessary.

Get the fuck outta here.
Yeah, I don't want to claim that, but it seems fishy to me that for the last 20+ years we don't give Fr or So. any love, and this year the media is all over Tebow's jock. I don't get it. Impressive stats, yeah, but Brennan had an NCAA record for TD's last year, and didnt even sniff the Heisman. Why the double standard? Vick in his freshman year led his team to the title game (a nothing team at that time by the way) and was unquestionably the best college player. So was Peterson. And Walker. Explain to me why they didn't win besides their class in school. please.

Even though I hate Florida, I have to think that Tebow will win, 20 passing TDs and 20 rushing TDs is strong.

I wouldn't give McFadden the Heisman...he's got 2 or 3 huge games, another couple really good ones, and then a bunch of average games really.Tim Tebow and Florida lost in his 3 worst games basically. He's played so well he's probably be my #2 though.=Dennis Dixon probably had it up until he got injured.Chase Daniel went over 250 yards passing in all but 1 game, and in that one they blew out Texas Tech. 6 games he threw for over 350 yards. They are #1 in the country. Assuming they take care of OU (a big if I realize) and he performs well again, I'd say he deserves it (but won't win it anyway).EDIT: to prove my point, taken from an article in the STL Post dispatch quoting another Heisman voter:

"Chase Daniel doesn't get on my Heisman ballot unless Missouri defeats Oklahoma, and he is going to have to be extremely impressive in the process," said Paul Oberjuerge, a columnist for the San Bernardino (Calif.) Sun. "I'm one of those people who very grudgingly accepts non-traditional football powers into the inner circle for rankings and awards and major bowls. Missouri certainly fits the non-traditional profile."
....people who vote on awards seriously break my brain. If you want to argue someone else was better, so be it. But to admit you don't accept people into the inner circle?! He should have his vote taken away. The award is for the best player in College Football, NOT the best player in College Football's inner circle of what some idiot thinks are the football powerhouses.
I wouldn't give McFadden the Heisman...he's got 2 or 3 huge games, another couple really good ones, and then a bunch of average games really.Tim Tebow and Florida lost in his 3 worst games basically. He's played so well he's probably be my #2 though.=Dennis Dixon probably had it up until he got injured.Chase Daniel went over 250 yards passing in all but 1 game, and in that one they blew out Texas Tech. 6 games he threw for over 350 yards. They are #1 in the country. Assuming they take care of OU (a big if I realize) and he performs well again, I'd say he deserves it (but won't win it anyway).EDIT: to prove my point, taken from an article in the STL Post dispatch quoting another Heisman voter:....people who vote on awards seriously break my brain. If you want to argue someone else was better, so be it. But to admit you don't accept people into the inner circle?! He should have his vote taken away. The award is for the best player in College Football, NOT the best player in College Football's inner circle of what some idiot thinks are the football powerhouses.
I agree. But Chase Daniel is no the best player in college football. That is Darren McFadden or Tim Tebow.
EDIT: to prove my point, taken from an article in the STL Post dispatch quoting another Heisman voter:
lol that guy should be immediately removed from Heisman voting. Does college football do anything right? If the games weren't so entertaining the whole sport would implode on itself.

Dixon had this wrapped up until he got hurt, i feel bad for him......its obv how much he meant to his team after seeing their results since his injury.......I guess it will prolly be Tebow....in all honestly i could care less about the Heisman......its voting procedure is about as bad as the BCS.........college football is just a mess sometimes, but it is still the most exciting sport to watch imo

I think Tebow is worthy of the Heisman, but I'd be mad if he won and here's why:When Herschel Walker, Vick, and Adrian Peterson were Fr/So, it was unheard of to give it to an underclassman. So now if the voters give him the Heisman, it stinks of racism to me. But Tebows numbers are impressive, and the media's definitely on Tebow's jock, so he's got a really good shot. What about Brennan or Chase Daniel? I'd vote for them for leading their team to national title contention. Tebow's lost 3 games, 2 of which he should have won EASILY (LSU and Auburn). If you vote best player, its McFadden. If you vote most valuable to the team, its Chase Daniel or Colt Brennan. If you vote on numbers alone, I guess you can justify Tebow and his 10 2 yd TD plunges. Because I want to stay consistent with Heisman history, I'd vote Daniel (if wins Big 12, if not, Brennan), Brennan (or Daniel), #3 McFadden, and #4 Tebow.
Oh LOL.. Just wow. First player ever with 20 TDs throwing and 20 TDs rushing and it's about the media giving one back to the white guy? Get the fuck outta here..seriously.. If Brennan threw the ball 45 times a game, his numbers would be impressive. When he throws it 65 times a game, well, you're bound to get some TDs.. Besides, every Hawaii QB does this..what differentiates him from Timmy Chang? What makes him special?
Oh LOL.. Just wow. First player ever with 20 TDs throwing and 20 TDs rushing and it's about the media giving one back to the white guy? Get the fuck outta here..seriously.. If Brennan threw the ball 45 times a game, his numbers would be impressive. When he throws it 65 times a game, well, you're bound to get some TDs.. Besides, every Hawaii QB does this..what differentiates him from Timmy Chang? What makes him special?
Yeah you're right on about the Hawaii QB situation. Any Div1a-caliber QB could probably post some pretty huge numbers playing in that system. I'm not saying Colt Brennan isn't talented, but this is definitly a system that benefits the QBs stats.
Yeah you're right on about the Hawaii QB situation. Any Div1a-caliber QB could probably post some pretty huge numbers playing in that system. I'm not saying Colt Brennan isn't talented, but this is definitly a system that benefits the QBs stats.
Yep..exactly.. If you can pitch the ball with any amount of accuracy, you can put up 5 TDs a game at Hawaii..that's why a Hawaii QB *shouldn't* win the Heisman under June Jones.. And it's not as if this team was blowing people out by 40, 50, 60 points a game.. And where was all this love for past/present Texas Tech and Boise State QBs?
I wouldn't give McFadden the Heisman...he's got 2 or 3 huge games, another couple really good ones, and then a bunch of average games really.Tim Tebow and Florida lost in his 3 worst games basically. He's played so well he's probably be my #2 though.=Dennis Dixon probably had it up until he got injured.Chase Daniel went over 250 yards passing in all but 1 game, and in that one they blew out Texas Tech. 6 games he threw for over 350 yards. They are #1 in the country. Assuming they take care of OU (a big if I realize) and he performs well again, I'd say he deserves it (but won't win it anyway).
Agree with this post 100%. I like the underdog Chase Daniel. He's the best player on the best team (so far) and has not skipped a beat all year long. At what point do you take into consideration how many losses you lead your team to? If 3 isn't enough to discount Tebow, would 4 or 5? The entire SEC played absolutely zero defense this year and although on average they are much better than non majors, you can't discount Brennan because of the weak defenses he faced.I would bet any amount of money a guy like Tebow would not thrive at Hawaii. It does take a special quarterback to put up huge numbers there. I think Chang and Brennan would have done just fine anywhere else.
I would bet any amount of money a guy like Tebow would not thrive at Hawaii. It does take a special quarterback to put up huge numbers there. I think Chang and Brennan would have done just fine anywhere else.
I would bet any amount of money that Brennan would not do nearly as well at Florida..see where that argument got us? Chang and Brennan would've been just fine anywhere else. Yes..yes they would have. Heisman trophies are reserved for players that are worlds beyond 'just fine'.
I would bet any amount of money a guy like Tebow would not thrive at Hawaii. It does take a special quarterback to put up huge numbers there. I think Chang and Brennan would have done just fine anywhere else.
I would put up any amount of money against you on this one. Tebow(and many more QBs) would absolutely own if he played in this system. It's not a coincidence that when these guys show up to play football at Hawaii they just turn into million-yard passing QBs.........its all about the system they play in. If Chang and Brennan were so great to begin with they prolly wouldn't have played their college ball at Hawaii.

Tebow has more rushing TD then McFadden and only 4 less passing TDs then Colt Brennen with much less pass attempts then BrennenI dont see how you can't give it to him, noone's stats compare to his and even in the losses he played very good.McFadden had multiple sub-par gamesId really like to see if the voters refuse to vote him because he is a sophmore because although its never happened I think its dumb. and youve got to be shitting me if you bring race into this