Official Buffalo Sabres Thread

Big win again last night. 6 goals in the last 15 minutes to erase a 3 goal third period deficit. There is no need to fall that far behind a team like Tampa but we'll take it. Just looked at the stats and Sekera and Weber were both +5 on the night.The sabres may not be the best team in the east but they are definitely one of the best teams to watch.Bring on the Leafs.
That was just sick too watch...GO LEAFS GO
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why giving someone the benefit of the doubt would be so hard.   Like, at any point in life. Maybe I'm a push over, but I'm more than happy to give most people the benefit of the doubt in

Ted Nolan's dream job? Coaching the Sabres without a GM.

Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m Mikhail Grigorenko has informed the #Sabres that he will be reporting to the Quebec Remparts.

If you lose to the Sens , you dont deserve to make the playoffs..I ranked them based on current play as the 12 best team in the East

If you lose to the Sens , you dont deserve to make the playoffs..I ranked them based on current play as the 12 best team in the East
What do you mean by current play today? They were awesome in their last 20 minutes.
That's funny because without Sundin as far as I'm concerned the Leafs are the 12th best team in the East.Maybe worse. Which makes it worse that we couldn't beat them.
That's funny because without Sundin as far as I'm concerned the Leafs are the 12th best team in the East.Maybe worse. Which makes it worse that we couldn't beat them.
what do you base your assesment on? The fact that they won 4 out of 5 without Sundin?You guys throw around 12th place like we are a 12th place team..we are 4 pts behind 8...So big dealI am starting to hate Sabres more and more and I hope they crash and burn.
You guys throw around 12th place like we are a 12th place team..we are 4 pts behind 8...So big deal
And 4 points out of 8th puts you in what position?
And 4 points out of 8th puts you in what position?
currently 12th..However just because Ottawa has 9more pts or buffalo has one more pt, doesnt make them a better team..I think we have seen that Ottawa is a really bad team, that is riding the coattails of its tremendous start...
currently 12th..However just because Ottawa has 9more pts or buffalo has one more pt, doesnt make them a better team..I think we have seen that Ottawa is a really bad team, that is riding the coattails of its tremendous start...
Yeah, I find the system is designed so the better teams finish lower in the standings.
Yeah, I find the system is designed so the better teams finish lower in the standings.
you should really get your membership into the buffoon club...
you should really get your membership into the buffoon club...
Are you recruiting?Your argument is similar to someone arguing that 4 7 os is better than pocket aces because 4 7 os has won two hands in a row whereas pocket aces were just cracked.
Are you recruiting?Your argument is similar to someone arguing that 4 7 os is better than pocket aces because 4 7 os has won two hands in a row whereas pocket aces were just cracked.
thats not true at all...bad analogy...Think of it this way..YES the Ottawa Senators have more pts than the Leafs...However we are playing games now and not in October and November...If the Ottawa Senators get in to the playoffs they will be the team that is currently playing the worst...Its almost like saying well the Oilers won 5 Stanley Cups in the 80s so therefore they are a better team than Detroit right now...What happened in October determines the total points total, however not the current state of the team...I am sure Vegas doesnt set lines according to total pts in the season, but on the current play..
thats not true at all...bad analogy...Think of it this way..YES the Ottawa Senators have more pts than the Leafs...However we are playing games now and not in October and November...If the Ottawa Senators get in to the playoffs they will be the team that is currently playing the worst...Its almost like saying well the Oilers won 5 Stanley Cups in the 80s so therefore they are a better team than Detroit right now...What happened in October determines the total points total, however not the current state of the team...I am sure Vegas doesnt set lines according to total pts in the season, but on the current play..
1980's Oilers vs current Red Wings...LOL...I hope your wife receives a monthly cheque for taking care of you. I'm fairly certain Vegas takes talent and potential into consideration also.
Its almost like saying well the Oilers won 5 Stanley Cups in the 80s so therefore they are a better team than Detroit right now...
I'm going to bring this up the next time you try to tell me that Toronto is a better team than Buffalo because of all Toronto's past Cup successes.
I'm going to bring this up the next time you try to tell me that Toronto is a better team than Buffalo because of all Toronto's past Cup successes.
sorry Adam I cant reply...I am too pissed right now..we can continue the discussion at an appropriate time..Looks like gg for the Sabres...

wtf is going on in this game...it's 1-0 for the longest time, I flip back, 3-1 buffalo... flip back 2 minutes later, it's 3-3, then boom 5-3.I thought Buffalo had it.Oh well.Tough break, Adam.

wtf is going on in this game...it's 1-0 for the longest time, I flip back, 3-1 buffalo... flip back 2 minutes later, it's 3-3, then boom 5-3.I thought Buffalo had it.Oh well.Tough break, Adam.
It was all part of Ottawa's master plan. Play possum the 2nd half of the season and have everyone think we are done. Turn it back on in the 3rd period of the 6th last game and hope no one realizes it.
Looks like gg for the Sabres...
Yup, Buffalo is all done, and they deserve to be. I don't care who you are, you don't make the playoffs by letting in 5 goals in 8 minutes of the biggest game of the season.

Looks like that should pretty much do it.I don't even think they would get in if they won all of their games remaining as there is just too many teams to catch.Sabres dominate the game for 50 minutes out chancing the Senators about 15-2 and then the 4th line for the Senators comes out and has a great shift and the Senators dominated the rest of the game including scoring 5 goals. It's a sick way to lose a big game like that. The sabres scored enough goals to win games this year they just couldn't stop the opposition from scoring too many on most nights.Sabres nation is officially in the dumps today.

Looks like that should pretty much do it.I don't even think they would get in if they won all of their games remaining as there is just too many teams to catch.Sabres dominate the game for 50 minutes out chancing the Senators about 15-2 and then the 4th line for the Senators comes out and has a great shift and the Senators dominated the rest of the game including scoring 5 goals. It's a sick way to lose a big game like that. The sabres scored enough goals to win games this year they just couldn't stop the opposition from scoring too many on most nights.Sabres nation is officially in the dumps today.
Yes we feel the same way...I feel your pain...No playoffs on the QEW this year..LETS GO BLUE JAYS.

Big win last night keeps a glimmer of hope alive. I really think that if the Sabres run the table they won't be able to catch Wash as their Schedule is just too easy. With 2 games against the Bruins they would catch them but not the Capitals.Also Tough to run the table when you play the Canadians twice.Another note from the games against the Sens this week. I would love to be the team playing the Senators in the 1st round of the playoffs. The Spezza/Heatley/Alfie line is just not as dominant as it was in their playoff run in 2007. Also Gerber just looks shaky to say the least in the nets. This team in my opinion has no chance of getting to the conference finals. They may get lucky and win their first series but that is it.

• 4 months later...