I play many free roll and play money games. understanding that most players really dont play them as they would a real game.MY ??????????? is if your good at free rolls does it carry over to real play. Could you work out a game in free roll/ play chip game, and do well in real games?(I can not wait to get flamed on this one)I am good at free roll/play game . just wanted to know If This stament could be true. Good at freeroll/play chips=good at real game...

I play many free roll and play money games. understanding that most players really dont play them as they would a real game...MY ??????????? is if ypur good at free rolls does it carry over to real play......Could you work out a game in free roll/ play chip game, and do well in real games????(I can not wait to get flamed on this one)I am good at free roll/play game .....just wanted to know IFGood at freeroll/play chips=good at real game...
Being good at freerolls doesn't mean you are good at pay-to-play tournaments.It doesn't mean you are bad at them either.My guess is that if you regularly cash in freerolls, you are in the top half of those who play in $1 tournaments, but beyond that it is anyone's guess.
I play many free roll and play money games. understanding that most players really dont play them as they would a real game...MY ??????????? is if ypur good at free rolls does it carry over to real play......Could you work out a game in free roll/ play chip game, and do well in real games????(I can not wait to get flamed on this one)I am good at free roll/play game .....just wanted to know IFGood at freeroll/play chips=good at real game...
That's good cause its coming

i started off playing play money / freerolls before i started playing real money. If u can FT one of those freerolls then u are deff gooood enough to play for real money. Also, if you can consistantly beat the 50k play money sngs then u could probably be a winner in at least the micro to low stakes sngs. I got my practice doing this before converting to real money before i started my bankjrolll.

Or you could just deposit money and play with real money and answer the question yourself?
I have put some money on line but have just played micro limit games..

at best freerolls give you a basis on whether you grasp the CONCEPTS of poker. Doing well in them does not mean you are going to do well, as hb said, but it DOES mean you DO have an idea what is going on and how to take one down.

at best freerolls give you a basis on whether you grasp the CONCEPTS of poker. Doing well in them does not mean you are going to do well, as hb said, but it DOES mean you DO have an idea what is going on and how to take one down.
Your sig. /\
what does that mean
I believe it means he is aroused by the sight of homosexual activity in the previous poster's signature.
what does that mean???
You may as well get used to checking this thread:The Forum Speak Glossary. It is stickied at the top of this group. If you checked it now, you would see that TP/MM means Turn Pro/Make Millions. It is meant as a sarcasm and/or humor.
I believe it means he is aroused by the sight of homosexual activity in the previous poster's signature.You may as well get used to checking this thread:The Forum Speak Glossary. It is stickied at the top of this group. If you checked it now, you would see that TP/MM means Turn Pro/Make Millions. It is meant as a sarcasm and/or humor.
I did look over the forum and found one.....but not the other...

How good did you do at freerolls?I cashed twice in freerolls. Once i finished 3rd of 700 on PKR winning 4$, build it up to 20$ and then lost it all due to some sick coolers/bad beats, though i did suck a lot back then and i played for too much money with a too small bankroll.2nd time was on Pokerstars. I finished 3rd once again of about 3500 people. I won 7$ and actually built this up to 42$ max. Now i'd been playing a lot better, but i went on tilt and lost it all once again. This was about 2 months ago.I really did enjoy poker so decided to deposit just a little bit of my own money, because i was pretty sure if i wouldn't go on tilt again and learned from any mistakes i'd made and make in the future that i could at least be a so-so poker player. I deposited 50$(due to the 50$ bonus) and started playing. I did ok, but somehow just didn't seem to be winning and lost all of this aswell.Determined not to give up i deposited another 50$ earlier this month and i've had a downswing to about 25$, but now i'm back up over 50$ and doing pretty ok. This time i've tried to constantly improve and learn from my mistakes. I'm saving HH to my harddisk and reading them through at least once more to look at my mistakes. I'm still not playing perfect, far from it, but i'm getting better and making fewer and fewer mistakes.This is my story sorta. I hope that gives you some info. Guess what i'm trying to say is:If you can FT freerolls and you're pretty sure it wasn't luck then you do know the basic principles of poker. If you enjoy it then i can certainly recommend trying to deposit some real money to try it out. Also don't give up if you loose a little bit of money, take some time of and try again a month later or something. If you can't seem to win though and you've lost your bankroll multiple times then you should start thinking of giving it up. Maybe that freeroll was just luck or you just can't play poker for real money. It sounds like you're not a superrich person(sounds like you're still a fairly young), so if you go broke a few times don't waste all your money on poker.Here are a few tips for playing at the micro stakes. I suggest your learn from my mistakes instead of your own. It's a lot cheaper.-Try to avoid the 0.01/0.02 and 0.02/0.05 games. I personally find there are too many donkeys in there and it's tough to play some normal poker there. If you're patient enough you can make some money here, but i personally don't enjoy them.-If 0.05/0.10 is too much money for you try to play the SnGs. The buyins are only 1.20$ there(Pokerstars).-I find it to be most profitable to play Tight at these stakes. Playing Loose can be profitable normally, but especially with a small bankroll that's risky. Also you'll usually get enough action on your premium hands anyway even if you're playing tight. As long as you're not a super rock or buying in for the minimum.-Try not to bluff too much. At these stakes i sometimes find it hard to bluff people. Some players just call with nearly anything. I've had people calling with underpairs to the board or other very crappy hands. Stealing pots is fine and good, but bluffing at multiple streets often won't work, because if some people call once, they'll call it down all the way.-Obvious, but still very important at any stakes. Don't play when you're not feeling like playing/not happy. Only play when you're awake, alert and fresh. And maybe it's a good idea when you're starting out to stop playing when you lose more than 5$ in 1 session.-Needles to say: Browse these forums, read/watch DN's blogs and buy/download(i found some books online) books to learn more about poker.I hope you did actually Final Table a freeroll, because if you didn't you probably just got fairly lucky and all of my typing has been useless. Nonetheless you could still deposit a bit to play for fun, but if you can't FT a freeroll or get very close to the FT, you're probably not that good at poker.Good luck with everything!!

ECart I have had some similar results from freerolls. I finished 3rd in one of FTP's 2700 entrant freerolls (obv brag post) and basically built the 9 dollars from that by killing the lower limit Sit N Gos to the tune of a >20% ROI over a couple of hundred Sit N Gos. I also beat .50/1 heads up and built my bankroll up to about 1400 dollars I think. However, I managed to tilt that all away because I suck at bankroll management and probably poker too playing at higher limits than I should have. (I obviously wasn't properly rolled for .50/1) But recently I cashed in one of those Pokerstars PPA freerolls and I have turned the 2.40 to 20 now. Hopefully this time I can practice discipline and bankroll management. To the OP, freerolls are a great way to get your bankroll started, and I have never deposited but some of the freerolls are a pretty long grind, and on FTP you don't get rakeback, which is pretty important. I have shown I can beat microlimits consistently but I'm still not very good at poker. Hope that helps.

ECart I have had some similar results from freerolls. I finished 3rd in one of FTP's 2700 entrant freerolls (obv brag post) and basically built the 9 dollars from that by killing the lower limit Sit N Gos to the tune of a >20% ROI over a couple of hundred Sit N Gos. I also beat .50/1 heads up and built my bankroll up to about 1400 dollars I think. However, I managed to tilt that all away because I suck at bankroll management and probably poker too playing at higher limits than I should have. (I obviously wasn't properly rolled for .50/1) But recently I cashed in one of those Pokerstars PPA freerolls and I have turned the 2.40 to 20 now. Hopefully this time I can practice discipline and bankroll management. To the OP, freerolls are a great way to get your bankroll started, and I have never deposited but some of the freerolls are a pretty long grind, and on FTP you don't get rakeback, which is pretty important. I have shown I can beat microlimits consistently but I'm still not very good at poker. Hope that helps.
Yes your post did help. I have a topic post on BR you may want to look at it...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...p;#entry2246287

Is it just me or does this guy sound alot like me in this post? I hope I dont sound this young.lol.With all the dots................."I'm really good at play money/freerolls....""I hope you guys dont flame me....""I think that was a flame...""I'm really good at play money...""What should I do?...."Sounds like me except I played for real money alot before and I dont use so many dots.lolGood luck OP :club: