In retrospect I think the melty molten daredevil run was tougher than any of the purple coin challenges.
that one took me an hour or two last night :)red comet, here i come!
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

108 stars and all that's left are the purple coin challenges. I played for about an hour today on a few different ones and didn't get any of them...great stuff.

• 1 month later...

Been playing this game off and on for a week now, LOVE IT!I think I have like 37 grand stars or something. Just beat the 3rd galaxy. The only thing so far that I havent beaten is that damn rock monster guy on the 1 life comet thing, but I will eventually knock it out.About to start the 4th galaxy now.

Been playing this game off and on for a week now, LOVE IT!I think I have like 37 grand stars or something. Just beat the 3rd galaxy. The only thing so far that I havent beaten is that damn rock monster guy on the 1 life comet thing, but I will eventually knock it out.About to start the 4th galaxy now.
That's one of the hardest levels in the game. Don't worry about it now, go back and destroy him later when you're a pro :club:.
That's one of the hardest levels in the game. Don't worry about it now, go back and destroy him later when you're a pro :club:.
I thought that fight was really easy, the purple star levels with the moving platforms own my ass though.
I thought that fight was really easy, the purple star levels with the moving platforms own my ass though.
The fight where you only have 1 life bar? I fly through the first 4 hits with ease, but when he grows the arms I start getting trouble. When I had 3 and/or 6 lifes it only took me about 2 or 3 times to beat him, but this one life thing is wearing on me.Think I'm gonna take Tim's advice and just let it go for now and move on.
The fight where you only have 1 life bar? I fly through the first 4 hits with ease, but when he grows the arms I start getting trouble. When I had 3 and/or 6 lifes it only took me about 2 or 3 times to beat him, but this one life thing is wearing on me.Think I'm gonna take Tim's advice and just let it go for now and move on.
Yea, It's one of my favorite boss fights in the game, I didn't have any problems with it but I see how other people could.
You wouldn't think it would be, but I found that easier when I was closer to him. Then you don't have to spin as much to get the boo's to hit him. But I did that one last as well (well, before most purple coin levels) when I was much better at the game.
Haven't played for awhile but that's the only thing I have yet to beat.
You may be doing this already, but have you tried shooting the boulders before he throws them?
You may be doing this already, but have you tried shooting the boulders before he throws them?
Agreed but don't shoot the black ones, let him throw those to you. Also if you can pull off the double hit, well it's awesome (grab 2 ghosts at once).
good tip, i hadn't tried that.I got the 60 stars and beat Bowser, now I'm off to try and get the other 60 stars so I can repeat the whole thing as Luigi.I tried the Toy Land purple coin level with the disappearing floors and OMG that's insane. I saw a youtube video of some dude getting all 150 instead of just the 100 you need, what a sicko!This game is so sick, loving it!edit - i just went back and reread this entire thread and realize I am talking the exact same things everyone else talked about 4 months ago, oh well.

up to 93 coins, got 2 purple coins left in the engine room, that damned luigis purple coins and another timed one. not sure if i will ever get that luigis purple coins one.these appear to be the last 2 coins i can get. I guess when I get these 2 then 25 more things show up?

up to 93 coins, got 2 purple coins left in the engine room, that damned luigis purple coins and another timed one. not sure if i will ever get that luigis purple coins one.these appear to be the last 2 coins i can get. I guess when I get these 2 then 25 more things show up?
If you have beaten Bowser then all of the levels should be open. What happens is that the comet levels randomly appear and disappear. Go to the Luma to the right of the terrace and ask him to "move it." Snack-a-diddly-do and there you go, he randomly opens a few of the comet levels and shows you which ones he opened. Pretty much go feed him every time you beat a level at this point.Also, it sounds like you might have some secret stars still out there. Once you beat all the regular levels, go back and when you're looking at the levels, if it has a ? mark on the star that means there is a secret star there. And yeah, I thought I would just never beat Luigi's purple coins (only tried it a few times). Then when it was one of the last stars I needed I went back and knocked it out pretty handily - it's all about the long jump. Master the long jump.
If you have beaten Bowser then all of the levels should be open. What happens is that the comet levels randomly appear and disappear. Go to the Luma to the right of the terrace and ask him to "move it." Snack-a-diddly-do and there you go, he randomly opens a few of the comet levels and shows you which ones he opened. Pretty much go feed him every time you beat a level at this point.Also, it sounds like you might have some secret stars still out there. Once you beat all the regular levels, go back and when you're looking at the levels, if it has a ? mark on the star that means there is a secret star there. And yeah, I thought I would just never beat Luigi's purple coins (only tried it a few times). Then when it was one of the last stars I needed I went back and knocked it out pretty handily - it's all about the long jump. Master the long jump.
I have beaten bowser and gotten every hidden star and purple star except the two left in the engine room. I even beat the 3 green star levels (are there more than 3?). I know from reading there is something to do with red coins or red mario or something later after I beat the purple coin levels. I know there are two 'gate galaxies' or something somewhere, but I havent found those yet either.
I have beaten bowser and gotten every hidden star and purple star except the two left in the engine room. I even beat the 3 green star levels (are there more than 3?). I know from reading there is something to do with red coins or red mario or something later after I beat the purple coin levels. I know there are two 'gate galaxies' or something somewhere, but I havent found those yet either.
Have you been to the Garden?
Have you been to the Garden?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, doesnt sound familiar actuallyI know I have completed everything in the terrace, the kitched, the bedroom, the engine room (except the 2 purple), the 3 green star, all the lumas, and the hiddensGarden, garden ...... hmmmm, I dont think so actually. Is that automatically opened or do I have to do something to unlock it? Guess thats where the other 20 - 25 coins are
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, doesnt sound familiar actuallyI know I have completed everything in the terrace, the kitched, the bedroom, the engine room (except the 2 purple), the 3 green star, all the lumas, and the hiddensGarden, garden ...... hmmmm, I dont think so actually. Is that automatically opened or do I have to do something to unlock it? Guess thats where the other 20 - 25 coins are
hehehe, have fun in the garden and good louck on the rest of your adventure!

apparently i forgot to fight bowser in the engine room, ooops.Did that beat him, beat the gateway, got the red star, beat the luma, beat 3 or 4 rounds in the garden, finally went to sleep at 1:30 am got up for work at 7 am, dammmmned game.I have 100 stars.

apparently i forgot to fight bowser in the engine room, ooops.Did that beat him, beat the gateway, got the red star, beat the luma, beat 3 or 4 rounds in the garden, finally went to sleep at 1:30 am got up for work at 7 am, dammmmned game.I have 100 stars.
Haha nice! Have fun in the garden, my favorite levels are in there.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!119 stars, still havent beat Luigis Purple Coins yet. I have gotten 100 purple coins twice now, but died both times going back to get the star.That molten lava daredevil level made me want to slit my wrists too. I know I tried that crap 40 times until I got it.Geeebus, 1 time on the purple coins level.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!119 stars, still havent beat Luigis Purple Coins yet. I have gotten 100 purple coins twice now, but died both times going back to get the star.That molten lava daredevil level made me want to slit my wrists too. I know I tried that crap 40 times until I got it.Geeebus, 1 time on the purple coins level.
My only advice is to start off on the right side, and basically do a big loop so that you end up coming back over on the left and there should be a pretty decent path back to the starting point. Also just try to get to 100 while you're headed back to the start.
My only advice is to start off on the right side, and basically do a big loop so that you end up coming back over on the left and there should be a pretty decent path back to the starting point. Also just try to get to 100 while you're headed back to the start.
I did it by starting up the left side. I got about 80 coins before having to get risking with the long jumps. It took me some time but the first time I got 100 coins I happend to end up right at the platform where the star is.
I did it by starting up the left side. I got about 80 coins before having to get risking with the long jumps. It took me some time but the first time I got 100 coins I happend to end up right at the platform where the star is.
If you start going to the right then you can get the most important and hardest long jumps done first, so if you miss it doesn't take long. :club: