• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot easier the second time around I take it?
I mean, it's easier in the sense that you know where everything is. However, Luigi actually controls a bit differently and some of the Stars require a bit more effort. Luigi can jump higher, but he slides a bit when he stops moving, so the precision running challenges are somewhat tougher. Also, IIRC, the hungry Lumas require more star bits. Finally, Cosmic Luigi is a pain in the ass compared to Cosmic Mario...not unbeatable...but he's almost perfect with his speed/path.
Do u get a star for collecting 100 coins in a single level? I have 100. don't see how to complete some of the galaxies.
The coins are somewhat worthless in the game aside from restoring health. If you haven't beaten Bowser yet (you need 60 Stars), then some of the Stars won't be available. After you beat him (and I believe you have to unlock/beat the Gateway), a Purple Comet will get unlocked that will have a purple coin challenge in each of the main stages. You'll collect 100 of those purple coins (some stages are time-oriented and have more than 100).
The coins are somewhat worthless in the game aside from restoring health. If you haven't beaten Bowser yet (you need 60 Stars), then some of the Stars won't be available. After you beat him (and I believe you have to unlock/beat the Gateway), a Purple Comet will get unlocked that will have a purple coin challenge in each of the main stages. You'll collect 100 of those purple coins (some stages are time-oriented and have more than 100).
Meant to say I had 100 stars. Didn't want to beat the game with out 120, but now I see there is no way around that. Thanks for the tip.
This game is so fugging good. I'm still just barely into it.
I feel the same way. This is the first Wii game that has gotten me to sit down for more than a couple hours to play. The only other game that I play of the Wii that I have put that kind of time into is a Virtual Console game that I downloaded...Zelda II
New Zelda game jsut released for the DS. Getting phenomenal reviews, but I'm not a big Zelda fan.
Even Windwaker???? I'm probably biased because Windwaker was the first Zelda game I ever played, but it's also the best video game experience I've ever had. Super Mario Galaxy looks to trump it though :club:.
Even Windwaker???? I'm probably biased because Windwaker was the first Zelda game I ever played, but it's also the best video game experience I've ever had. Super Mario Galaxy looks to trump it though :club:.
I like the original NES Zelda, though I'm probably overrating it because it was the first action/rpg of it's kind. After that I've never been terribly impressed with them. They are well designed, and usually come up with new innovations for controls and whatnot, but there are so many better fantasy worlds in other games Zelda just feels bland to me.

If I had to rate the Zelda games that I've played by how much fun I had:1) A Link to the Past2) Ocarina of Time3) Twilight Princess4) Majora's Mask5) Zelda6) LinkI've beaten LTTP several times. I never fully beat OOT. I've gotten about halfway through TP. I probably got 80% through with MM. And, I'm sure that I've beat the original at least once. As for Link...I hate the game so much that I never got very far at all.

If I had to rate the Zelda games that I've played by how much fun I had:1) A Link to the Past2) Ocarina of Time3) Twilight Princess4) Majora's Mask5) Zelda6) LinkI've beaten LTTP several times. I never fully beat OOT. I've gotten about halfway through TP. I probably got 80% through with MM. And, I'm sure that I've beat the original at least once. As for Link...I hate the game so much that I never got very far at all.
Windwaker????? If you haven't played it you should, I'm 99% sure it's available for the Wii.

Just watched a youtube clip on this, it looks difficult. I really do not play video games anymore, as I just do not have the time. I think the newest game I have played was the last GTA. on PS2EDIT: I did play WII Bowling at a buddy's last year.

Just watched a youtube clip on this, it looks difficult. I really do not play video games anymore, as I just do not have the time. I think the newest game I have played was the last GTA. on PS2EDIT: I did play WII Bowling at a buddy's last year.
It's not as hard to control as it looks, it's fairly intuitive.
Windwaker????? If you haven't played it you should, I'm 99% sure it's available for the Wii.
Actually, I'm pretty sure we've got it in the other room (a friend left it). I've just never gotten around to playing it. Part of the problem is that I'm reluctant to take on new Zelda games when I haven't completed one in forever.
Just watched a youtube clip on this, it looks difficult. I really do not play video games anymore, as I just do not have the time.
A lot of people have actually complained about it being too easy. They give you a lot of leeway with essentially infinite lives. I'd say the absolute hardest challenges/stars took me like 20 tries, but most can be done pretty quickly (3 minutes or less) on the first try.
I hate the purple coin levels with a passion. Especially the ones with the moving platforms & time limits.
I was reading over on Penny Arcade's forums about how a lot of people love those levels and hate the non-time limit, collection ones. Personally, I kind of enjoy taking a relaxed exploration of a level.

Windwaker is pretty fantastic. Probably one of my favorite games ever. It's difficult to comepare it to something like Link to the Past which is certainly one of the best games of all time. I may have liked WW more than OoT. I don't think I loved Ocarina as much as everybody else did, but I thought it was great. I thought Majora's Mask was really meh. Mario Galexy is fantastic. Here are my top 5 Mario games (thought I'm really not sure):Mario WorldMario 64Mario 3Mario 1Mario 2

Mario Galexy is fantastic. Here are my top 5 Mario games (thought I'm really not sure):Mario WorldMario 64Mario 3Mario 1Mario 2
For me it's Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Bros 3, Mario Bros (original one with the two pipes at the top that spit out endless streams of enemies), then Super Mario Bros.

I'm at about 35 stars now, and the only real criticism I have is that the swimming is too hard to control, although it is cool. I think the difficulty level is good - some levels are pretty easy and some are kinda tough, but since they're all pretty short anyways I don't want them to be so hard that I have to do each one 5 times. So far the bosses are all a little bit too easy, but also very cool.