Fame, Fortune, And Paparazzi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this new 'simple' theory but I like the surfer aspect of it, that's for sure.That is what that is, right? I'm not clicking the link.
i think u need some pot to fully understand and appreciate the magnitude of that picturesadly...i do noti DO have the best belgian beer ever made...and yet...i still dont get it
i think u need some pot to fully understand and appreciate the magnitude of that picturesadly...i do noti DO have the best belgian beer ever made...and yet...i still dont get it
Its really easy, all you have to do is remember that 8s are a monster.I've been saying this for years.

Dangling Modifiers Mania is sweeping the nation! Thank you for all the kind words. At least, I think they were kind words. :club: As a reward for your overwhelming support, here is another scene from the movie. Or the next SNL skit, if that is the direction that will give me the most fame and fortune. And paparazzi. I don't really like paparazzi, but I do like the idea of running over some toes. That seems like fun.And away we go...Setting: An abandoned warehouse.Three large men with large guns take a step into the warehouse. They quickly survey the area and then their gaze slowly moves upwards. The camera pans up, until at last it is revealed: this warehouse has a ceiling! Their eyes dart to and fro, but nothing is seen but some old hanging lights and the occasional pigeon. Their minds put at ease, they wave the others in.Two large groups of men enter the warehouse, the leader of each group carrying a briefcase and surrounded by men with guns. The two leaders set their cases down on a table.Super Villain: “Shall we get down to business?”Mob Boss: “Please. I have been carrying around this merchandise all day and it is very hot.”Super Villain (quickly pulling his gun out): “What did you just say?”Mob Boss: “What? What did I say?”Thug Villain: “Were you saying that you were hot due to this unseasonably warm weather or were you saying the product itself is “hot,” which we all understand to be a euphemism for illegal?”Mob Boss: “I am hot and the product is hot! In case you haven’t noticed, we’re not in some high-rise office building with leggy secretaries and stuffy lawyers writing ten pages of disclaimers. We know the business we are in!”Super Villain: “Please forgive us. Having been thwarted one too many times, the Dangling Modifiers are not to be taken lightly.”Mob Boss: “Certainly you can thwart them one more time if they show up.”Super Villain: “What? No, that’s not what I mean…”(Aside)Mob Thug: “You guys are very serious about you’re grammar.”Thug Villain:Your grammar.”Mob Thug: “What?”Thug Villain: “You clearly said “you’re grammar,” which would be like saying “you guys are very serious about you are grammar.” That just doesn’t make any sense. It should be, “you guys are very serious about your grammar.” Thug Villain 2: “To be fair, its not anyone’s grammar. Grammar belongs to everyone.”Thug Villain:It’s not anyone’s grammar.”Mob Thug: “Bloody hell.”Everyone lowers their guns.Super Villain: “Now that everything is lowered, let’s see the product.”Mob Boss: “We agreed on ten million dollars for all of the Sinister Canisters! That is non-negotiable! These canisters contain enough deadly toxins to put the entire city under your control. If you don’t like it, there are plenty others who will gladly take your place!”Super Villain: “Nobody said otherwise, old man. Come on, let’s see it.”Mob Boss: “My apologies, I misunderstood. Having been kept in the dark for so long, these Sinister Canisters have been a source of much stress.”Super Villain: “You keep it in the dark? Does that preserve the purity of the product?”Mob Boss: “Always with the sarcasm, I do not appreciate this funny business.”Super Villain: “Are you accusing me of funny business?! Listen, old man, we had a deal and if you start with the insults again, we’ll end it.”Mob Boss: “Thank you for ending the insults. Apology accepted.”Super Villain: “Nobody is apologizing to you; it is you who should be apologizing to me!”Mob Boss: “Everybody calm down. These deals have a way of escalating out of control and I do not wish any blood on these fine clothes, yours or mine.”Super Villain: “You’re right. And thank you, I try to dress well.”Mob Boss: “I was talking about your blood, not your clothes.”Super Villain: “Nobody will be spilling my blood tonight!”Super Villain pulls out his gun. Both groups follow suit and pull out their guns.Mob Boss: “Wait! Just wait! It’s the Dangling Modifiers! Their controlling our thoughts and turning us against each other!” Thug Villain:They’re controlling our thoughts.”Mob Thug: “Enough!”Mob Thug fires at Thug Villain. After the first shot goes off, everyone else opens fire and all but Super Villain die in a hail of gun fire. Super Villain is mortally wounded, however, and as he attempts to crawl out of the warehouse, the Dangling Modifiers drop from the ceiling. The sound of sirens grows louder. The Dangling Modifier Leader stands next to the fallen Super Villain and looks down at him.Dangling Modifier Leader: “After being shot seven times, the ambulance will be of no use to you by the time it arrives.”End scene

Are the Dangling Modifiers pigeons, or good at hiding?
When you can modify people's thoughts, hiding in plain sight is not a problem. Take this last scene for example. When the villains and gangsters search the warehouse they will see the Dangling Modifiers, but how will they alert their bosses? Why they would call out to them, of course. But here is how it would go:Mob thug: "After searching the warehouse for enemies, the Dangling Modifiers hang from the ceiling."Mob Boss: "I know they hang from the ceiling when they wish to wreck our plans! Do you see them now?"Mob thug: "Having considered the Dangling Modifiers' position, fleeing is the best course of action."Mob Boss: "You're saying they left? They must've seen these piles of weapons we brought."Then they proceed to go about their business, not realizing that the Mob thug was actually trying to warn them. Those tricky Modifiers!If that doesn't work, then I'll just use CGI to write myself out of that corner. I'm picturing something like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Indiana thinks there is no bridge across the gaping chasm, but in fact there is a bridge! It was just an optical illusion! But instead of a rock bridge it will be the Dangling Modifiers that blend in with their surroundings.I haven't figured out how that works yet, but CGI is getting better and better these days.