***official Sunday Million Thread***

Wow man...CONGRATS! I remember back only a couple months ago you chose me for your $11 100K Team on Sunday.... and now your winning the Sunday Million....they grow so fast!!! You deserve this BIG Time, I wish I had known and could have railed....enjoy, you deserve it! Remember to not only look at the amount you cashed for, but your result! You WON a mega tournament, totally impressed.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There any chance we could get names here? I'm guessing Mark, but I don't know the other two.
I don't know who else was chatting with TJ, but TJ and I (and Adam at the end) had a chat going from 90 players on. It was very clear to me that every thousand meant a lot to TJ. I'm not one to chop or encourage anyone else to, but I just want what is best for each person. When there were about 22 players left TJ wanted the $2K bump in pay that you get moving up to 18th, so at that point I decided I would vote for him to chop if he got that far and asked me because I think long term it would matter to him. From then on, he played to win. When he hit the final table, I asked him again if he wanted to win, or if he wanted to try and move up, because there were clearly 3 guys at least at that table who would donk themselves out fast. He said he was trying to win, so I said then play like you do and win, and he did.When it got to 4handed, I said I thought the chop was fair. It was something like and extra 17K gtd which means a lot imo, and the chipleader was a very good player, and the other two weren't donks by any means. And chipleader had a pretty substantial lead, at least 3.5 to 1 on TJ. I'm not sure if people are saying he shouldn't have chopped or whatever because he won, but obv in hindsight thats easy to say. And don't forget he did have to get 'lucky' at one point to hit a flush draw after getting it in on the flop, and then fade the redraw by his opponent on the river. That hand goes the other way, nobody questions the chop :)Its a hard spot making deals. Obv nobody likes the chop because it might be 'bad' as far as poker equity goes. Like, lets say maybe overall in the prize pool he deservered 80K or something. But in 'life equity' being gtd that extra 17K or whatever it was can be more important than the fact that you gave up 10K in long term expected equity.Mark

I think i would have done the same thing as TJ in that situation. When the money means that much to you, I think a chop is the way to go. It would be dif if you had a 6 figure roll sitting there already. An extra $17 k, with the chance for another $30 k isn't too shabby. And you know the play is going to loosen up a lot, which it did, after a deal is in place. I stayed until the end to watch, and I am glad I did. Great win TJ. Congrats

I don't know who else was chatting with TJ, but TJ and I (and Adam at the end) had a chat going from 90 players on. It was very clear to me that every thousand meant a lot to TJ. I'm not one to chop or encourage anyone else to, but I just want what is best for each person. When there were about 22 players left TJ wanted the $2K bump in pay that you get moving up to 18th, so at that point I decided I would vote for him to chop if he got that far and asked me because I think long term it would matter to him. From then on, he played to win. When he hit the final table, I asked him again if he wanted to win, or if he wanted to try and move up, because there were clearly 3 guys at least at that table who would donk themselves out fast. He said he was trying to win, so I said then play like you do and win, and he did.When it got to 4handed, I said I thought the chop was fair. It was something like and extra 17K gtd which means a lot imo, and the chipleader was a very good player, and the other two weren't donks by any means. And chipleader had a pretty substantial lead, at least 3.5 to 1 on TJ. I'm not sure if people are saying he shouldn't have chopped or whatever because he won, but obv in hindsight thats easy to say. And don't forget he did have to get 'lucky' at one point to hit a flush draw after getting it in on the flop, and then fade the redraw by his opponent on the river. That hand goes the other way, nobody questions the chop :)Its a hard spot making deals. Obv nobody likes the chop because it might be 'bad' as far as poker equity goes. Like, lets say maybe overall in the prize pool he deservered 80K or something. But in 'life equity' being gtd that extra 17K or whatever it was can be more important than the fact that you gave up 10K in long term expected equity.Mark
I don't know who else was chatting with TJ, but TJ and I (and Adam at the end) had a chat going from 90 players on. It was very clear to me that every thousand meant a lot to TJ. I'm not one to chop or encourage anyone else to, but I just want what is best for each person. When there were about 22 players left TJ wanted the $2K bump in pay that you get moving up to 18th, so at that point I decided I would vote for him to chop if he got that far and asked me because I think long term it would matter to him. From then on, he played to win. When he hit the final table, I asked him again if he wanted to win, or if he wanted to try and move up, because there were clearly 3 guys at least at that table who would donk themselves out fast. He said he was trying to win, so I said then play like you do and win, and he did.When it got to 4handed, I said I thought the chop was fair. It was something like and extra 17K gtd which means a lot imo, and the chipleader was a very good player, and the other two weren't donks by any means. And chipleader had a pretty substantial lead, at least 3.5 to 1 on TJ. I'm not sure if people are saying he shouldn't have chopped or whatever because he won, but obv in hindsight thats easy to say. And don't forget he did have to get 'lucky' at one point to hit a flush draw after getting it in on the flop, and then fade the redraw by his opponent on the river. That hand goes the other way, nobody questions the chop :club: Its a hard spot making deals. Obv nobody likes the chop because it might be 'bad' as far as poker equity goes. Like, lets say maybe overall in the prize pool he deservered 80K or something. But in 'life equity' being gtd that extra 17K or whatever it was can be more important than the fact that you gave up 10K in long term expected equity.Mark
I thought that was very sound advice! Hindsight really can't be figured in here cause TJ was on the verge of going out 4th as compared to the other stacks. In the chop, he got an extra $16k+ above the 4th place payout and once the chop was done, I'm sure he could take a deep breath and play ss Ninja to the max............as he did! Some folks just need to step away from the computer and realize that 16K is life altering to a good majority of the folks on here! I've never been so proud to rail an e-friend in my life and woke up the neighbors when TJ got the win! That's FCP hugs for all of us!
That hand goes the other way, nobody questions the chop :club:
Holy results oriented thinking Batman! :)In all honesty, I'm just quoting this to make sure I get back to it later. I completely understand and agree with every point you make, and like I said, the argument for chopping is very persuasive. It's just that I feel the argument for not chopping is a little more persuasive.

I remember TJ posting the fact that he had never scored a 5 digit payout...therefore the chop is clearly what he should have doneGood job man, now invest some of it :club:

I had to go to sleep when there were around 90 left. Seriously man, I've never met you but I'm sincerely happy for you. Congrats.
Sick.Seriously though, contrats man. Had to turn in when there was about 50 left. I can't image how much of a high you are on.
i manned up and stayed up til 3a to watch it, and had to werk at 645 sigh @ these rookies =D
  • 1 month later...