Yang's Prayers At The Poker Table

OK? Silly? Inappropriate?Discuss.

Fine, as long as he is willing to blame God when he doesn't luckbox his way to 7 million. Seriously, God doesn't care. God is not, and never has been, at a poker table making sure the cards go just right. Although, I do here that he will tilt a game of Monopoly in your favor every once in awhile. Now that I think about it, we should nickname any unsuited A-x under a face The God hand, because if you don't know God at that point, well, you are going to need to. Jerry understands this. Praying to God is really the only good call he made the whole final table.

Would it be OK for Barry Greenstein to do it?

Fine, as long as he is willing to blame God when he doesn't luckbox his way to 7 million. Seriously, God doesn't care. God is not, and never has been, at a poker table making sure the cards go just right. Although, I do here that he will tilt a game of Monopoly in your favor every once in awhile.Now that I think about it, we should nickname any unsuited A-x under a face The God hand, because if you don't know God at that point, well, you are going to need to. Jerry understands this. Praying to God is really the only good call he made the whole final table.
LOL
I'll go with just flat out annoying, were not talking like Khan levels but it's still a little silly.
Agreed. I have to imagine his behavior was an embarrassment to everybody, and I would think especially Christians. Every time he went into that retarted routine I just muted my TV or changed the channel because it just really got on my nerves even though I don't share his beliefs.
Agreed. I have to imagine his behavior was an embarrassment to everybody, and I would think especially Christians. Every time he went into that retarted routine I just muted my TV or changed the channel because it just really got on my nerves even though I don't share his beliefs.
It would have been funny to see him take a bad beat on the river and whoever beat him say "You know what? THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I actually just watched this last night for the first time, and was hysterical. When he started saying, "show them your miracles, Lord, show them your miracles," in that accent...and the way the spliced it up with Lee's annoying-ass girlfriend's (make him a believer, God"...I lost my tit.For the record, my father, who's Churchy La Roue, was over and watched it with me, and he found it to be pretty retarded, too.

• 1 month later...
I'm chiming in on this late, but when I saw this I freaked! I'm not sure if these people (there were a number, not only in the Yang camp) were using the national exposure to thrust their evangelical tendencies, or if they really believed that "father" or "lord" would provided results. Regardless, they can do what they want, but that doesn't mean that what they did is any good for anyone. If they thought it would be a great example how to turn all things towards God, they certainly looked foolish for praying for silly results, when often the results didn't come. If they were doing it for personal reasons, then they looked foolish for doing it in front of the camera. God and poker don't really mix. I'd like any of those players or spectators to walk into their respective places of worship and announce that they played (gambled) for big money and won. Surely the responses would be mixed at best, but surely the overwhelming responses would be outright negative.