Bolded is the only problem I have with this thinking. Generally 50NL is one of the toughest online games due to the type of players it attracts (too rich for newbs, too poor for degenerates). Much harder than 100NL or 200NL. But that's just my opinion.
Fair enough, I've never really played $50 NL. I still think that the minor point about people paying attention or not has very little to do with the rest of the hand.Mostly, I think calling here lets him keep guessing about your hand. Maybe you're getting sticky with QQ. Maybe you have QJ yourself, or AQ or something. I think in general that it says less about your hand if you call than if you raise.Also, as far as your point about people paying attention and stuff, if they have no baseline for our play, we can do whatever we want, right? They can't gain any extra information due a history between the hero and villain that doesn't exist. We can establish THIS as our baseline and deviate from it later.
Fair enough, I've never really played $50 NL. I still think that the minor point about people paying attention or not has very little to do with the rest of the hand.
Absolutely. Just a random thing that's good to know.
Generally 50NL is one of the toughest online games due to the type of players it attracts (too rich for newbs, too poor for degenerates). Much harder than 100NL or 200NL. But that's just my opinion.
Eh, can't say I agree with that. Stars is jam packed with horrid players in this limit. Saying it's too rich for newbs indicates the newbs have enough sense to understand AND exercise proper bankroll management. Yeah, right.
Eh, can't say I agree with that. Stars is jam packed with horrid players in this limit. Saying it's too rich for newbs indicates the newbs have enough sense to understand AND exercise proper bankroll management. Yeah, right.
I agree with this, there are a lot of players that have preflop poker figured out. Post flop they are HORRIBLE!!!!

I probably put in a small reraise here. Unless he has absolute trash he's calling, and he may even re-raise back. He's calling with the king, and if he has the draw you are making him put in more money to hit it. If he has complete air and you call his raise he's likely not going to fire again anyhow. I just have this thing about raising with the best hand as I tend to enjoy putting money in with the best hand as opposed to hoping someone else does it for me.

eeerrrr, not sure if everyone didn't read OP or if you just added it, I would fire on the turn about 1/2 - 3/4 of the pot. I don't see much point in checking and letting a free card come off, it looks likely that the villian has a K.

Yeah I would fire 2/3 of the pot here on the turn. Wow it's going to suck if we get raised though, seeing the only draw got there. If he just called the turn bet I would probably start thinking that he has the case K.