Mn: Canterbury Fall Classic Meet And Greet

OK, that other thread on this doesn't have a lot of specific suggestions on meeting any fellow FCPers, so I'm going to make a command decision here:Minnesota FCPers and visitors, it's time to put some faces to the screen names we are so familiar with. We are going to meet in the bar at the Canterbury Card Club at 4:30 on Friday, October 19th. We can hang out there for a while, and then if anyone wants to head out for supper I can suggest a few places near there. I will be wearing my S7S baseball-style shirt, it's white with medium length sleeves, and has a small version of the logo (see below) on the upper left chest, and also a large version covering the back.I will hang around until 5:00 or so, and if nobody shows up by then I will go home and cry into my pillow a little.2001428767368366117_rs.jpgEDIT: description of shirt changed, must've been thinking of something else

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might play the $200+30 on tuesday night as that's the only night that works for me as far as classes go. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people but only under the condition that somebody buys me a case at midnight for my birthday (I turn 20 on the 17th).

Picked one of the days I won't be there :club: You going to be there any other days?
I wasn't planning on going out any other days, mainly because my schedule is so messed up with kids sports and things. I rarely play live because of it, but I tried to carve out a notch for this. You're from Shakopee, too, right? Seems like we should be able to meet up somehow by now....
Every year I tell myself I'm gonna be robusto enough to head down there.Every year I'm wrong.Unless someone is staking me/housing me, I can't go. :-PI'll pay for the gas to get there. lol
I don't know about staking you, but PM me about the housing if you are interested.....
This thread makes me wish I still lived in Monnesota. Is Rochester anywhere near this?
It would probably take about an hour to get from Rochester to Canterbury if you take the back roads, a little longer if you take the most direct path (ridiculous stoplights).

It's getting kinda late for me to put something together about this. I got no excess cash unfortunately, as I'm in the process of becoming debt free (w00t), so I doubt I'll end up down there.Always next year, I guess... (sigh, I've said that since I turned 18, lol)

OK, that other thread on this doesn't have a lot of specific suggestions on meeting any fellow FCPers, so I'm going to make a command decision here:Minnesota FCPers and visitors, it's time to put some faces to the screen names we are so familiar with. We are going to meet in the bar at the Canterbury Card Club at 4:30 on Friday, October 19th. We can hang out there for a while, and then if anyone wants to head out for supper I can suggest a few places near there. I will be wearing my S7S baseball-style shirt, it's gray with medium length sleeves, and has a small version of the logo (see below) on the upper left chest, and also a large version covering the back.I will hang around until 5:00 or so, and if nobody shows up by then I will go home and cry into my pillow a little.2001428767368366117_rs.jpgEDIT: description of shirt changed, must've been thinking of something else
Hey Henry.Im planning on making an appearance to canterbury that weekend, Im just not sure which day. I'll let you know if it coincides with when you'll be there.And Scott... be sure to post when youre going to be there as well.
Picked one of the days I won't be there :club: You going to be there any other days?
And Scott... be sure to post when youre going to be there as well.
I think I will be there a lot of days to play in the satellites, but I work at 4pm most of the days...so I may still get to meet some of you at the beginning of tournies before I have to head out. The satellites were very easy last year, and I am a FAR better player now, so hopefully I can win a bunch again and enter the 2 events I have the day off during (the 15th noon and 17th 7pm). Hopefully i can even win enough to enter in the main event since i happen to have that day off and don't work til 10pm the next day.
Im prolly playing tuesday 200$ one as well.BUT WHAT SHOULD I WEAR !???Defff going to wear my baller aviators while playing lolz
Oh plzplzplz mean the 7 pm NLHE on tuesday, it would make my day to meet Ryland.
I think I will be there a lot of days to play in the satellites, but I work at 4pm most of the days...so I may still get to meet some of you at the beginning of tournies before I have to head out. The satellites were very easy last year, and I am a FAR better player now, so hopefully I can win a bunch again and enter the 2 events I have the day off during (the 15th noon and 17th 7pm). Hopefully i can even win enough to enter in the main event since i happen to have that day off and don't work til 10pm the next day.
god this sucks that everyone is going to be there different days. I guess when I show up, I show up.
Heading over there now to play some sats...hopefully enough people are out of today's tourny where they're starting them up.
Got there exactly when they started the satellites.Played 3, won 1. The one I won I came back with 275 left and blinds at 100/200. The last one I played I was down to 40 pretty early 99<QQ. Came back, went down to 40 again AA<JJ. First time with blinds at 25/50, 2nd time with 100/200 blinds. Mad it back up from there to around 500, down again to 60 and out J8<AJ.So I am officially entered in:$200 NLHE Noon Monday, Oct 15th - Table 58 Seat 9$200 NLHE 7pm Wednesday, Oct 17th - Table 29 Seat 8 (First to enter!)So that's where I'll be those days if anyone is there...Will probably play more satellites to try to get into the main event still...
Got there exactly when they started the satellites.Played 3, won 1. The one I won I came back with 275 left and blinds at 100/200. The last one I played I was down to 40 pretty early 99<QQ. Came back, went down to 40 again AA<JJ. First time with blinds at 25/50, 2nd time with 100/200 blinds. Mad it back up from there to around 500, down again to 60 and out J8<AJ.So I am officially entered in:$200 NLHE Noon Monday, Oct 15th - Table 58 Seat 9$200 NLHE 7pm Wednesday, Oct 17th - Table 29 Seat 8 (First to enter!)So that's where I'll be those days if anyone is there...Will probably play more satellites to try to get into the main event still...
I might drive in Sat evening or early Sunday morning. will the registration process be strenuous?