Mn: Canterbury Fall Classic Meet And Greet

I lol'd when Ryland has said the following to baxter:

k ur mean, good. your scum yo
bax you will be nothing but a wannaB when I go bigtyme I promise you.
and then he says this...
Take this time to mention some of my fav. people here.no not baxter
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, went out around 70th out of 360 this time (36 paid). I got lucky early and brought my starting stack of 4000 to 8650 when I got someone all in on a 562 board with KK...he had 55...turn A, river K.With the blinds at 300/600, I got all in vs. 2 people. I had TT, they both had AK...I knocked both of them out and got up to 20,600.The blinds got to 500/1000 and everyone was all in or fold but me and one other person at the table. I called short stacks on 2 different occasions with AK and lost each time vs. 44 and 99 to bring me to a short stack myself at 10,800.I was able to get back to 20,000 before the blinds got to 1000/2000. I picked up Ad6d and raised to 5000. Someone went all in for 16,000 total. I called and he had QQ. I lost that one and had 4,000 left. Next hand, I go all in with 88...same guy calls me with AT. Ace comes on the turn, and I'm out. I could have easily folded that Ad6d hand, but blinds were about to go to 2000/4000 in a couple hands and I needed to get chips at some point.After i got knocked out, I entered another $65 satellite and won it for $500 tourny entries and $50 cash. Interesting hand 4 handed:I'm in the BB and UTG goes all in (VERY short stacked) The other 3 of us call, I have 76o. Flop comes 3c4d5d. Both guys in front of me go all in and I have them both covered and call. Button has 66, SB has AdQc, UTG has QQ. Turn and river go diamond-diamond...SB takes main pot, but I get bigger pot cause the button had the most chips. SO I went to heads up with a big 2600-400 chip lead and won easily from there.So I have now played 4 of those $65 sats and won 2 and now have $600 in tourny entries. The only other tourny I have time off to play in is the $1000 main event, so hopefully i can win one more of these satellites and get in.Erik, do you know where you are sitting at the tourny tomorrow? Or will it be easy to find you? (Look for the guy making an ass of himself)hblask, are you playing in th noon event on Friday? Or are you not getting in until later? If you play in an event Saturday, I can stop by and say hi before I have to go to work.

Some Guy: "Hey Ryland, are you a baller or something"Erik: "No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, yo"Off to the tourny....
Man, that could have been a lot funnier if I tried...any ideas?

omg I know right ? The blind structure is crazy....Thats how I ultimatly went out is on a race even tho im so pro It still caught up with me...but yeah I am 6 foot 7 with black ftp hat....I shouldnt be hard 2 miss...507-993-5143 if you dont c me call b4 mtt starts... I be around.

Wow, I just compared the structure i played tonight compared to the other day:This is today's tournyThis was Monday'sMan, that sucks...with the stack i had, if it was the 2nd structure, I could have easily cashed. Just look at level 6 for example: 500/1000 blinds tonight...was 200/400/50 the other day. I knew they skipped the first level and didn't have the antes, but i did not realize it was changed that much. Basically a $200 turbo tourny...wow.

Going to play the 500$ event tommorow instead, I just met WALTHIZWAY from FCP... or w/e his id isTold him I don't give autographs lol.Im going to be back up playing some satts @ three.

Going to play the 500$ event tommorow instead, I just met WALTHIZWAY from FCP... or w/e his id isTold him I don't give autographs lol.Im going to be back up playing some satts @ three.
Details as to why, for your adoring fan base (i.e. me)?
That would be me...met Fluffdog and kind of met pt special too when he was going to his seat.Always good to put faces with names...
That would be me...met Fluffdog and kind of met pt special too when he was going to his seat.Always good to put faces with names...
I'm so jealous...TTIWWP?
so is ryland really 6 foot 7? i know hes a tall mofo but is he really that tall? nevermind there is no way he is
LOOOOOOOOOL FLUFFDOG BUSTED FIRST 12 mins !!! LOOOOOOLwe in hotel room right now he cryin to me about it
I saw him lose half his chips in the first hand playing KJ with an Ace and J on the board...guy barely called with QQ...he almost folded it too.
so is ryland really 6 foot 7? i know hes a tall mofo but is he really that tall? nevermind there is no way he is
Yeah, I'd say 6-6, but if he has 6-7, I'm sure he is... pt special is one tall mo fo too...bout an inch shorter than ryland and twice the width :club:
I saw him lose half his chips in the first hand playing KJ with an Ace and J on the board...guy barely called with QQ...he almost folded it too.
This is what im talking about yo he should of never even been in the hand with it even if there is dead blinds with people not there in the mttI dont have a BR but I own fluffdog...so sick bad... does not matter his explanation unless its KK vs AA I would say ok but no thats just wrong
This is what im talking about yo he should of never even been in the hand with it even if there is dead blinds with people not there in the mttI dont have a BR but I own fluffdog...so sick bad... does not matter his explanation unless its KK vs AA I would say ok but no thats just wrong
He's playing the players...they are so tight the first few levels that he uses that to get chips from them early on....in it to win it, not just cash.
OK, that other thread on this doesn't have a lot of specific suggestions on meeting any fellow FCPers, so I'm going to make a command decision here:Minnesota FCPers and visitors, it's time to put some faces to the screen names we are so familiar with. We are going to meet in the bar at the Canterbury Card Club at 4:30 on Friday, October 19th. We can hang out there for a while, and then if anyone wants to head out for supper I can suggest a few places near there. I will be wearing my S7S baseball-style shirt, it's white with medium length sleeves, and has a small version of the logo (see below) on the upper left chest, and also a large version covering the back.I will hang around until 5:00 or so, and if nobody shows up by then I will go home and cry into my pillow a little.2001428767368366117_rs.jpgEDIT: description of shirt changed, must've been thinking of something else
Sweet logo.

i have no clue what time i will be at canterbury tomorrow. I have no car...only 3 friends who love mistake lake over poker and will drop me off sometime. look for me. deep dark green FCUK hoodie

i have no clue what time i will be at canterbury tomorrow. I have no car...only 3 friends who love mistake lake over poker and will drop me off sometime. look for me. deep dark green FCUK hoodie
I *THOUGHT* I was set for 4:30... I still may be able to make it by then, but it may get delayed to 5:00. My schedule is a mess.
I *THOUGHT* I was set for 4:30... I still may be able to make it by then, but it may get delayed to 5:00. My schedule is a mess.
god i wont be rollin in til 7-8ish...sad