Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)Button ($14.30)SB ($7.95)BB ($8.65)UTG ($25)MP ($10.55)Hero ($7.70)Preflop: Hero is CO with :club:, :D. UTG raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($1.10) :D, :D, :)(3 players)BB checks, UTG bets $0.7, Hero calls $0.70, BB calls $0.70.Turn: ($3.20) :D(3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1, BB folds, UTG raises to $4.5, Hero??.

lol... preflop and flop were both played very badly imo, play those differently and dont get yourself in such a bad spot. flat calling on the button might be something to take out of your game.

i actually like calling behind here PF... there aren't a huge number of flops you absolutely love w/ AT & generally you're going to have to fold to alot of pressure, you can't beat any A that comes along in a raised pot, so you can't even be sure your good if the A hits the flop & a bunch of action goes down...i like smooth calling preflop, this guy's raising under the gun lets not forget, we could already be a significant dog... pretty much never call this flop unless you're specifically planning on bluffing scare cards, namely the one that hit... once you do this / decide to do this... like zach said: you have to raise like a man... make it $2-2.50 on the turn plz... once he reraises THAT bet, you can fold confidently...as played fold

@ anyone who is more knowledgeable than me (which is like...everyone lol)wouldn't this be a case of overvaluing top pair? Aces are nice but since the average winning hand is 2 pair, I just don't see this being worth it esp. with a middle kicker.

I'd guess the average winning hand in a 6 max game is not two pair.
it is player dependent of course, but a decent % of them will stick it in with middle pair if they think it is good.
@ anyone who is more knowledgeable than me (which is like...everyone lol)wouldn't this be a case of overvaluing top pair? Aces are nice but since the average winning hand is 2 pair, I just don't see this being worth it esp. with a middle kicker.
try not to think about it in general terms like this.the only reason i say that is because sometimes DEPENDING ON THE ACTION 8 3 can be the best hand in this spot... sometimes the Ac & Ah are an underdog even when spiking top set on the turn... two pair isn't always gonna be the winning hand, & niether is a straight... don't base the relative strength of your hand on the hand ranking chart because if you have 7s9s on a Qs Ks As Ac Kd board, even though you have a flush you shouldn't want to get your money in the middle... it's like dont think about it like "ZOMGTWOPAIRALLIN!" or "OMFGIMADEMYSTRAIGHTSHIPITIN!"what you want to do is think about the value of your hand in relation to the action that's preceeded your own... here, you being c/r'ed on that board likely means a pair of aces is nooooooo good... if the villain flat's the turn & checks the river, great check behind you might have the best of it... him c/ring here esp after the most obv draw gets there signals a great deal of strength... hero flat called the flop, it's extreemely easy for him to have gotten there w/ the spades, he even then bets out afterwards.... but villain c/r's anyways... he can see the draw & A just as clearly as we can, & he's not scared of it... then again we probaly shouldn't be *looking for value* in this hand after the flop w/ a naked A, but oh well... i just think you run into like A K & shyt here alot... even 88 99 KK, reraising pre would help you define your hand & his hand a little better.. but the reason i dont like it is because if he 4bets you, you kinda have to fold or hope for diamonds / exactly K J Q... or maybe even A T 3... still, that's not going to happen often enough to make calling a 4bet profitable... just flat PF... idk, i'm probably not good enough to be attempting to break it down like this, & i could be explaining it improperly... i guess dont listen to exactly what im saying, maybe more the underlying theme
I think your weak bet on the turn got him to play back at you with QQ or something, or air. Bet like a man.
Zach wins.I switched this around, I was the villian in this hand. I had 55.The guys bet of $1 into $3.2 seemed so scared of the flush I would have raised big with ATC.I think I should have put the guy all in on the turn rather than just raising to $4.5 as that left him with $1.45 on the river. The river just went check-check as I didn't think he would fold for $1.45 more.I guess it was a pretty bad call by him on the turn (and definitely on the flop), but ultimately I think it is my fault I lost this hand by trying to bluff a bad player.
Zach wins.I switched this around, I was the villian in this hand. I had 55.The guys bet of $1 into $3.2 seemed so scared of the flush I would have raised big with ATC.I think I should have put the guy all in on the turn rather than just raising to $4.5 as that left him with $1.45 on the river. The river just went check-check as I didn't think he would fold for $1.45 more.I guess it was a pretty bad call by him on the turn (and definitely on the flop), but ultimately I think it is my fault I lost this hand by trying to bluff a bad player.
His flop call is just fantastic.