Painted Card With Low Kicker (suited) - Best To Fold Pre-flop?

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1.1/$1.17 playersConverterPre-flop: (7 players) Andromeda is UTG with 7 :club: K :D Andromeda folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, BB checks.Flop: 6 :) 6 :D 5 :) ($3.3, 2 players)BB checks, MP1 checks.Turn: 8 :D ($3.3, 2 players)BB checks, MP1 checks.River: 9 :D ($3.3, 2 players)BB checks, MP1 checks.Results:Final pot: $3.3my thought was that even though it's suited and has flush potential, there are over cards...and someone could easily beat my kicker. good call to fold?

You can play this stuff in position, if you're good postflop, but definitely not OOP.
still working on pre-flop so I guess as mentioned, just fold it - at least until I am comfortable playing post flop with a hand that can be dominated and/or counterfeited with a paired board.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you should probably read a basic strategy book to pick up some of the more fundamental aspects of the game. It'd be good for you and it'd answer a lot of these questions.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you should probably read a basic strategy book to pick up some of the more fundamental aspects of the game. It'd be good for you and it'd answer a lot of these questions.
no offense taken :club: I have only been playing holdem for a few months off and on, recently been getting serious about it. I have picked up a few books that hopefully will help my game out, just taking a while to get through them.
I agree with this. FWIW I found Sklansky's No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice to be pretty helpful. There is also a very good section on preflop strategy in the book.
I agree with this. FWIW I found Sklansky's No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice to be pretty helpful. There is also a very good section on preflop strategy in the book.
I picked up a couple Sklansky books and also Super System 2 (should I bother with 1? the way I read 2 was it was the rewrite of 1) plus a mathematics for poker book (my day job I'm an analyst so working with #s is more my learning).
I picked up a couple Sklansky books and also Super System 2 (should I bother with 1? the way I read 2 was it was the rewrite of 1) plus a mathematics for poker book (my day job I'm an analyst so working with #s is more my learning).
Although hes pretty nauseating I found Gordon's little green book pretty helpful for beating the low limit cash games.

I just read small stakes holdem and feel that the same principles have translated into lo8. I haven't played limit holdem in a month or so.

No joke, I found Hellmuth's book to be very helpful when I first started playing hold'em.
/PUKE