Colorado Avalanche

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never a doubt.

Hell yes! It's a new year boys. Playoffs bound!

The Pens dominated that game beyond belief.   JS Giguere, and to a small extent the shot blockers, were the only reasons the Avs won.   Crosby and Malkin had more shots on goal than the entire A

Round 2 bitches!Who do the Avs match up against better, Flames or Sharks?
The Flames for sure, but the only way they would play the Flames the next round is if Nashville wins against Detroit, and that ain't gonna happen. They will prob play the Red Wings next round (Top seed remaining plays lowest seed remaining). oh man oh man a Wings-Avs playoff series weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The Flames for sure, but the only way they would play the Flames the next round is if Nashville wins against Detroit, and that ain't gonna happen. They will prob play the Red Wings next round (Top seed remaining plays lowest seed remaining). oh man oh man a Wings-Avs playoff series weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Oh boy did they have quite the rivalry going due to the Claude Lemieux on Draper hit. That brawl that resulted later was something else. Even the goalies doing a little dance. Should still be an interesting series though.

I still think we'll be playing Dallas in the next round and Detroit in the finals..but we'll see...Dallas looks like crap right now after 2 periods of play.I think Calgary finishes upsetting San Jose and Dallas finishes off Anaheim eventually.[EDIT] heh..as I'm writing this Dallas scores the tying goal on the PP

Yeah Dallas woke up and scored two quick goals there.If Calgary can take the game they played tonight into San Jose, then they will finish off San Jose. They are such an up and down team so I don't know.Does Colorado want to face Detroit or Dallas next?

Yeah Dallas woke up and scored two quick goals there.If Calgary can take the game they played tonight into San Jose, then they will finish off San Jose. They are such an up and down team so I don't know.Does Colorado want to face Detroit or Dallas next?
Don't teams complain about the Dallas ice this time of year?

If we see Detroit I would prefer to see them in the finals. Weve always matched up well against Dallas (the last 2 playoff series weve beat them 4-1 the last time they beat us was..99 or 00 in 7 games?) and while Richards definately makes them better I don't think it's enough to beat us in 7 games. I want to see Detroit because it's been so long since we've had a Detroit-Avs series and we didn't really get to play them healthy this year so we're looking for some payback...but I'd rather see them in the finals than the 2nd round..and I think if we play Dallas and Detroit plays Calgary we'll both make it in.Here's hoping...Also..Dallas ice isn't THAT bad...they have a very nice building.

Minnesota Wild-1Colorado Avalanche-2Avalanche win series 4-2, advance to play DET/DALI would honestly us rather play Dallas, give Calgary to Detriot. I would love to comment more but i am redic sick and dont have much thought process going on right now

Our Conference Semifinal series against Detroit is gonna be very fun to watch. A lot of people may count us out cause we went 0-4-0 against them in the regular season but you can't really use that as a decent comparison. Here we're the gamesGame 1-12/27; Detroit 4-2 @ COLThis was a very close game that was only 4-2 because Detroit had an empty net. Sakic had just been sidelined so the team was still looking for someone to step up and lead the team in his place.Game 2-1/8; Detroit 1-0 @ DETDetroit was an incredible 17-3 in its last 20 heading in so they were rediculously hot. Sakic was again out as well as Ryan Symth. Theodore played great and could do nothing about Detriots lone goal.Game 3-2/1; Detroit 2-0 @ DETThis was the peak of our injury problems. Sakic, Smyth and Stastny out. Hejduk's 2nd period goal is waved off(worked during this game and never saw highlights so can't say if call was good/bad) The GWG came with about 2:30 left i think and again Detriot added an EN.Game 3-2/18; Detroit 4-0 @ COLOk, I was there. I admit, it was pathetic. However again Sakic, Symth, Stastny all out and the Avs did fight hard in this one. Now we have added Forsberg who has 19 points(2G, 17A) in the 15 games since we got him and 5 points(1G, 4A) in 6 playoff games. Also we have added Foote who along with Kurt Sauer helped hold Minnesota's top scorer, Marion Gaborik, to 0 Goals and 1 assist during the series. And Salei has been help aswell. Sakic, Symth and Stastny are all back, and this team is 10x the team it was the last time it played Detriot.My prediction-A minimum 6 games, and either team could win, so being an Avs fan, and I really don't want us to have to go to Detriot for a Game 7, Avalanche in 6.

WTF @ the game starting at 5:30 PM mountain time. This makes zero sense.
Uhh..the game is in Detroit...and Detroit is in the eastern time zone...so it'll be 7:30pm there...games always start 7-8pm in the time zone of the city in which theyre played..this is nothing new...so it makes perfect sense.
Uhh..the game is in Detroit...and Detroit is in the eastern time zone...so it'll be 7:30pm there...games always start 7-8pm in the time zone of the city in which theyre played..this is nothing new...so it makes perfect sense.
Well of course it does if you use LOGIC!
Well of course it does if you use LOGIC!
Heh..it does however suck which is what I think you were trying to say :club:.I usually work till later but I'm bailing early and going immediately to a bar downtown to watch the game instead of hopping the light rail toward closer to home so I don't miss any of it.
Well at least Forsberg being out could be an excuse for Colorado fans. (friendly trash talk and get used to it :club:)
Theodore getting the start even though he was sick is our excuse. We kept it respectable after that first period debacle.
Theodore getting the start even though he was sick is our excuse. We kept it respectable after that first period debacle.
yeah, budaj played really well. that save he made on zetterberg was sick.gg colorado, gl in game 2.

This (DET vs COL) was the perfect excuse for them to pull out the old footage from the brawl days with these two teams. I've just seen it for the 5th time today. Gotta love Roy and Vernon going at it. McCarty bloodied up Lemieux pretty good.

This (DET vs COL) was the perfect excuse for them to pull out the old footage from the brawl days with these two teams. I've just seen it for the 5th time today. Gotta love Roy and Vernon going at it. McCarty bloodied up Lemieux pretty good.
I'm a very respectful hockey fan...I really try not to bash teams/players, but F Claude Lemieux. I could watch McCarty beating the shit out of him all day.

Colorado Avalanche-3Detroit Red Wings-4I'm not worried, at all. Theodore played like shit(given he was fighting the flu) and gave up 4 goals in less than 22 minutes. Usually against Red Wings, that would mean you wouldn't have a shot. We had a lot of quality chances to tie the game in the 3rd but Osgood came up huge, so did Budaj. Pretty sure Theodore will get the nod Saturday as long as he is feeling better. Forsberg hopefully will return soon but we did fine without him, and Wolski left after the first with a 'upper body injury'.If you take away the first 22 minutes, we played damn well against this team and If we continue to play this well against them, i expect us to leave Detroit even in the series.

The fact that the Avalanche came back was really not that big of a factor. When a team gets up 4 goals they tend to ease up a bit. I can't see Detroit losing game 2 unless Budai plays and stands on his head again.

The fact that the Avalanche came back was really not that big of a factor. When a team gets up 4 goals they tend to ease up a bit. I can't see Detroit losing game 2 unless Budai plays and stands on his head again.
They lost two games to Nashville...And I believe that Colorado is a MUCH better team than Nashville..IMO

i believe this will be a very long series..Detroit is a good team, but Colorado matches up well against them

We need to quit with the injuries..or start dishing some out of our own. Detroit was way more physical than we were throughout the entire game. I think it was a bad idea to pair Foote w/ Hannan and dont understand why Quenneville changed the pairings that were working (Foote/Sauer, Hannan/Liles, Leo or Finger/Salei)..but thats what he does and I hate it. I dont know how much is true but I guess Theodore was sick Wed night but "begged to play"..I duno but I guess I'll hope it's true. I don't want to see Budaj get the start unless Theo is "sick" again. Wolski being out hurt us a lot more than I thought it would...between him and Forsberg all the chemistry that we've finally been starting to get on our lines completely disappeared again. Earlier in the season it was because of Quenneville's line shifting-itis but now it's injuries again..not fun. Chemistry is so important to our scoring that we cant afford to be losing it in the middle of the playoffs.

I disagree...you can say that about a team like Dallas or Vancouver or even the Avs...but not Detroit. Detroit is a shut down team built to play with the lead...they are built specifically to avoid teams coming back on them and thats why they tend to struggle to come back from deficits themselves. The Avs were just asleep for the first period in front of a "sick" goalie...they were the better team for the rest of the game. But all that really matters is who won the game..and the 4 goals Detroit put in in the first period were enough.