1/2NL Live.Read on villain: Major freaking DonksquadStill don't know if I can call here.Hero (~$300)Villain ($150)Hero is BB w/ Js 9sSB, BB postFolds to buttonButton calls $2SB foldsHero checks2-way Flop ($5)[2s 3s 10d]Hero checksVillain Checks2-way Turn ($5)2s 3s 10d [9d]Hero bets $5Villain Calls $52-way River ($15)2s 3s 10d 9d [4s]Hero bets $15Villain raises to $143 (all-in)

Nothing productive can come out of discusssing the hand on a forum. Any call can be justified by saying that the villian was so retarded that......
Ok, if this is your stance, just don't comment.
He's right, though. Posting that is a justification of a call. If you've seen him overbet before, or have a range of hands you can put him on, that's useful, but to just say he's horrible, and it's a limped pot to the BB, then it's 50/50, he's got you crushed. He could have a naked A of spades, a smaller flush, or he could already have you dead.Flip a coin.Otherwise, what's the dicsussion?edit: you've invested $17. If he's that bad, and he's willing to push $130 in on a bluff to win $17, let him win and find a better spot.
I played with the idea of including the words. "Don't take this as a personal attack. I just don't think that you can discuss this type of hand in an online forum." But then I thought that we're mostly guys here and don't have to take everything personal and act like we have a triangle between our legs. Dick.
I played with the idea of including the words. "Don't take this as a personal attack. I just don't think that you can discuss this type of hand in an online forum." But then I thought that we're mostly guys here and don't have to take everything personal and act like we have a triangle between our legs. Dick.
Touchy much? I post hands for advice. What the point of making a post saying "My Advice: There's no Advice." besides increasing post count? There's always advice for poker hands.

I include that he's a bad player to maybe make the following points:A good player does this with the nuts or a complete bluff knowing that I don't have the nuts.A bad player does this with two pair, a weaker flush, a set on the river, A5, nuts, etc.Bascially, I said that so the conversation could steer towards possible hand ranges. Good lord, next time I'll leave out information if that's all you care about.

I include that he's a bad player to maybe make the following points:A good player does this with the nuts or a complete bluff knowing that I don't have the nuts.A bad player does this with two pair, a weaker flush, a set on the river, A5, nuts, etc.Bascially, I said that so the conversation could steer towards possible hand ranges. Good lord, next time I'll leave out information if that's all you care about.
That's the point. He's a bad player who limped on the button. If you can assign a range of hands to that, you are far better than most of us and don't need our advise.Flip a coin.Heads, call, tails, fold.Those are the odds you're getting, and you know about as much regarding his range of hands.
Touchy much? I post hands for advice. What the point of making a post saying "My Advice: There's no Advice." besides increasing post count? There's always advice for poker hands.
I didn't post for my post count. There's seriously no "productive" advice for this hand. You should leave in the specifics because it makes better conversation. This hand is just is the player that no one here could see stupid enough to do this with anything that I beat. Yes if he's awful, maybe if he's very bad, probably not if he's slightly donkish. It's all your read. It's just flipping a coin of how retarded he is. He could be bluffing, he could be value-betting 2 pair, he could be crushing you. You have a call you can only make against a player that plays so erradic that he can show up here with any 2. So as I said, (and you should really try to understand why), there can be no productive advise given about this player specifically because of the player. The hand could be discussed against a standard player, overvaluing type player, a habitual bluffer, etc. You just can't discuss it against random donk that can show up with anything here.

Sit there waiting pretending you didn't hear him say all in... and if he moved his chips in pretend you didn't see it happen. Keep waiting until somebody says something, then say you weren't paying attention. If he gets impatient he has the nuts... or possibly doesn't.So then you pull out your cellphone and phone a friend. If anybody asks why say you have all three of your lifelines left, but would be more than willing to poll the audience.Oh, and fold btw.

umm, i think you have to call here. You bet the 9 hitting, not the flush draw on the flop and he played it just like he had a flush draw. But really if he had Queen high flush or better dont you think he woul try for some value? He could just be wanting you to think hes weak by going all in here but i have a tough time folding if he really is the donkey you say he is....but a rule of thumb for weaker players is to just go all in when you have a good hand so maybe he did get lucky. He didnt re-raise the button pre flop so any ace or king high flush is probably ruled out...and with the Q i just see anyone betting for value not trying to get player to fold. I have to call here.

Umm, I highly disagree...most of us here play with everyday donkeys like this often, so discussing what you have seen in the past is all he wanted. I think its a great topic of discussion
Umm, I highly disagree...most of us here play with everyday donkeys like this often, so discussing what you have seen in the past is all he wanted. I think its a great topic of discussion
I disagree. Against a villian who can have any 2, I often times find that I have no idea what to do. Not because I don't understand theory, not because I don't understand ranges, but because I'm playing against the entire deck. In the moment, people don't even know how to put these guys on hands, so how can anything meaningful every possibly coming out of guys who are going off "Major freaking Donksquad" come up with a meaningful range. My whole point is evidenced in your post where you go back and forth three times about how you don't know because he says he's such a donkey. How could that be helpful. It's the same thing the OP or any of us would think sitting down right in front of him and still be completely lost by the end of it. Like whiskey said, flip a coin and there's your answer because that's what he did when he made his bet.
Loooooooooooooooooooooool.Call if you don't like money.
1/2NL Live.Read on villain: Major freaking DonksquadStill don't know if I can call here....Hero bets $15Villain raises to $143 (all-in)
What would be more helpful are examples of why the villain is a donk. Does he over-value his holdings? Is he shoving a lot? Are his bets sized well? What has he been showing down? That information will help us determine what to do here. Frankly, generally, I think I fold rather than see the Q high flush. Never show this fold.Meh, if the game is tight, fold. If the game has been loose, call.
I disagree. Against a villian who can have any 2, I often times find that I have no idea what to do. Not because I don't understand theory, not because I don't understand ranges, but because I'm playing against the entire deck. In the moment, people don't even know how to put these guys on hands, so how can anything meaningful every possibly coming out of guys who are going off "Major freaking Donksquad" come up with a meaningful range. My whole point is evidenced in your post where you go back and forth three times about how you don't know because he says he's such a donkey. How could that be helpful. It's the same thing the OP or any of us would think sitting down right in front of him and still be completely lost by the end of it. Like whiskey said, flip a coin and there's your answer because that's what he did when he made his bet.
Flipping a coin is for people who want to gamble....You say you often find that you have no idea what to do, well then I would love to play with you live. If he truely is a donkey, than getting a read off of him should be pretty easy as he is going to act like he has a monster hand. Theres a small chance he has the straight flush draw, but you have to play your odds I definitely think he had the best hand there. I bet that idiot has trips or two pair.
Flipping a coin is for people who want to gamble....You say you often find that you have no idea what to do, well then I would love to play with you live. If he truely is a donkey, than getting a read off of him should be pretty easy as he is going to act like he has a monster hand. Theres a small chance he has the straight flush draw, but you have to play your odds I definitely think he had the best hand there. I bet that idiot has trips or two pair.
I have 50 bucks that says this is D5Greene or whatever his name was
Flippin coins is for people who want to gamble? Read the context of what we were saying. When a person does not understand the relative strength oftheir hand, it's hard to put them on a hand. They may be value betting TPno kicker like it's the nuts. I can tell he thinks he's strong, but what's strong?Then again, there are people that randomly fire at pots as bluffs with hands that have showdown value. Mix the two together and where the hell are you?
You say you often find that you have no idea what to do, well then I would love to play with you live
Live HU's for rolls?

all i am saying, does he really have 2 of the remaining 8 spades in his hand, and does he really have a Q, K, or A to go along with it? I see his thinking: "he bet the 9 on the turn, and made a continuation bet when the flush draw hit. Would he really bet the pot if he hit his flush? Im going to play the flush"

To scott: I didn't mean anything offensive by my saying "if you dont want to give your opinion, then dont prevent other people from giving theirs." I, personally, didn't think it was as black and white as what you and others have said, so if I came off as arrogant, then I apologize. I posed this hand because I have a good hand in a tricky spot, and would want to see what other people would do. "Major freaking Donksquad", ok, might not have been the best way to put it.

To scott: I didn't mean anything offensive by my saying "if you dont want to give your opinion, then dont prevent other people from giving theirs." I, personally, didn't think it was as black and white as what you and others have said, so if I came off as arrogant, then I apologize. I posed this hand because I have a good hand in a tricky spot, and would want to see what other people would do. "Major freaking Donksquad", ok, might not have been the best way to put it.
i hear you he is a donkey but is he an agro donkey? I mean have you seen him make big overbets before? We need a species and genus of donkey to really give you a reasonable answer :club: